The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > British Royals > Queen Elizabeth II and the Duke of Edinburgh

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 02-23-2015, 08:10 PM
Royal Highness

Duke of Edinburgh reveals black eye with The Queen at event in Buckingham Palace | Daily Mail Online

Old 02-23-2015, 08:33 PM
Heir Apparent

I'm going by the headline only but the DM (according to Google) ran this story in April 2013, as did the Telegraph.

The Palace said this, as reported by Royal Central.
https://www.google.co.uk/url?sa=t&rc...86475890,d.ZGU

So I am not alone - even the DM doesnt read the DM

This precious stone set in the silver sea,......
This blessed plot, this earth, this realm, this England,
Old 02-23-2015, 09:36 PM
Heir Apparent

It's current. It shows the Duke at tonight's reception for the Magna Carta. How common is it to just wake up with a black eye?
How pretty the Queen looks in that bright red.
So far I'm not seeing Robert Hardy. Odd, because I know he's taking part in the national celebrations later this year. That's been confirmed.
Oh well, I bet he will be at Richard the IIIs re internment- I'll get to see him with the COW if so.
What else is HM doing this week?
EDIT- was just telling my Dad about the DOE black eye, and he said, " Well, he probably said something stupid, and the Queen whacked him!"
Old 02-24-2015, 02:42 PM
Imperial Majesty

Video:
The Queen inspected a copy of the Magna Carta at a special reception at Buckingham Palace to mark its 800th anniversary. She was shown a modern copy of the document which attempted to limit the powers of her medieval predecessor King John as she met hundreds of legal and political dignitaries. Comprising 3,500 handwritten words in minuscule medieval Latin, it is written on sheepskin parchment, like the original, and belongs to the British Library. .

Home - ITNSource News

GENTLEMAN'S ESSENTIALS
Old 02-25-2015, 11:32 AM
Royal Highness

The Queen hosts Magna Carta reception at Buckingham Palace - 2015.02.23

Queen Elizabeth II Photos - Zimbio
Old 02-25-2015, 06:21 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by ROYAL NORWAY View Post
The Queen hosts Magna Carta reception at Buckingham Palace - 2015.02.23

Queen Elizabeth II Photos - Zimbio
Great photos- HM's smile, and the color of that suit. But no Robert Hardy. Makes no sense.
Old 02-27-2015, 08:44 AM
Royal Highness

The Queen to receive The King and Queen of Tonga
Old 02-27-2015, 02:29 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by ROYAL NORWAY View Post
I'm sorry, don't mean to offend anyone here, but my first thoughts were- " Gosh I hope he fits through the door, and doesn't eat HM out of house and home!"
Old 02-27-2015, 09:37 PM
Administrator
Blog Editor
Royal Blogger

Joe Little ‏@MajestyMagazine 4h
The Queen & Prince Philip receive King Tupou VI & Queen Nanasipau'u of Tonga at Windsor Castle this afternoon.

Old 02-27-2015, 09:52 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by JessRulz View Post
Joe Little ‏@MajestyMagazine 4h
The Queen & Prince Philip receive King Tupou VI & Queen Nanasipau'u of Tonga at Windsor Castle this afternoon.

He's not as fat as I remember.
Purple is HM's color- she had me convinced red was, but she really rocks that color.
The Tongan Queen's outfit is um, interesting. Not what I would choose for an audience with the Queen, however I understand traditional outfit, etc.
Old 03-02-2015, 10:59 AM
Administrator

The Duke of Edinburgh as Honorary Air Commodore of the Royal Air Force Northolte presendt a new Standard to 32 (The Royal) Squadron at Royal Air Force Northolt today, March 2nd:

** gettyimages/zimbio gallery **
Old 03-02-2015, 11:11 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by iceflower View Post

The Duke of Edinburgh as Honorary Air Commodore of the Royal Air Force Northolte presendt a new Standard to 32 (The Royal) Squadron at Royal Air Force Northolt today, March 2nd:

So handsome and perfectly tailored. Amazing.
Old 03-02-2015, 12:46 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by iceflower View Post

Amazing! For a 93 year old- he's so handsome in that uniform!
Old 03-02-2015, 02:39 PM
Super Moderator

Prince Philip is indeed looking well these days and it is good to see him doing what he does so well.
Old 03-03-2015, 02:13 PM
Heir Apparent

He really did look snazzy!
Old 03-05-2015, 08:44 PM
Royal Highness

The Queen to be a part of rededication of HMS Ocean in Plymouth
Old 03-08-2015, 09:12 PM
Imperial Majesty

Joe Little @MajestyMagazine · 7m 7 minutes ago
The Queen & the Duke of Edinburgh will attend the Commonwealth Heads of Government Meeting @chogm2015mt in Valletta from 27-29 November.

GENTLEMAN'S ESSENTIALS
Old 03-09-2015, 05:23 AM
Royal Highness

Queen to travel to Malta for Commonwealth summit

The Queen will return to Malta where she once lived with the Duke of Edinburgh - Telegraph

Queen gives commonwealth day speech | Daily Mail Online
Old 03-09-2015, 04:14 PM
Courtier

Great that Queen Elizabeth will be visiting Valletta, I hope that she and those with her lodge in the city maybe they'll arrange the roads in those areas for a change cause they're in great need of reconstruction....on the other hand if she stays in St Julians again theyll arrange those areas which don't need any more 'dolling up' .....I love my country but it seems that it's only during these high profile visits that they do some thing road wise
Old 03-09-2015, 04:15 PM
Imperial Majesty
Royal Blogger

Both the Commonwealth meeting and the observance event are BRF events :) they're being talked about in the family thread.

Tags
queen elizabeth ii, the duke of edinburgh