The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > British Royals > Queen Elizabeth II and the Duke of Edinburgh

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 02-05-2015, 08:51 PM
Majesty

Location: On the west side of North up from Back, United States
Quote:
Originally Posted by cepe View Post
He died in his sleep so no last words.
I know and to me, its kind of sad that none of the family were with him when he passed on. Perhaps some take comfort in the fact that he quietly slipped away but on the other hand, many feel that being there and being able to express love and solidarity as a family bring comfort. But enough of the morbidity.

It puts into perspective too for all of us that when the time comes and Charles ascends the throne, he will also be dealing with the grief of losing his mother.

“When I was 5 years old, my mother always told me that happiness was the key to life. When I went to school, they asked me what I wanted to be when I grew up. I wrote down ‘happy’. They told me I didn’t understand the assignment, and I told them they didn’t understand life.”
― John Lennon
Old 02-05-2015, 08:52 PM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by cepe View Post
so sorry if it confused you.
No worries

Old 02-05-2015, 09:04 PM
Courtier

It's so sad. The Queen probably remembers the last words she exchanged with her father, before she went to Kenya, as if it was yesterday.

I also think about the Duke of Edinburgh, having to break the terrible news to the new Queen.

Princess Isabel (1846-1921), Princess Imperial and Regent of the Empire of Brazil, after she signed the Golden Law, in 1888, abolishing slavery in Brazil.
Old 02-05-2015, 09:49 PM
Royal Highness

She has not always stayed at Sandringham until after the anniversary of her father's death.
Old 02-06-2015, 03:55 AM
Majesty

It's been 63 years since she became Queen. I greatly admire her dedication and hard work she made as Queen. I can't wait until she becomes Britain's longest reigning monarch.
Old 02-06-2015, 05:06 AM
Royal Highness

This was originally Posted by scooter in 2009/2013, and I couldn't agree more.

The Queen has been a sterling example to her people; of morality, service, duty before personal happiness, dedication and faultlessly upright behavior, as a Monarch should be. The longer she reigns the better, in my opinion. Long live Queen Elizabeth!

And long may she continue to reign. The United Kingdom and the Commonwealth will not see any like her again. Nor for that matter, any other monarchy.

63 years ago today: George VI dies and Elizabeth becomes Queen

Queen marks 63 years on the throne | Daily Mail Online

The Queen will mark the 63rd anniversary of her accession by praying for her father | Royal | News | Daily Express

Quote:
The Queen went to a community centre in Dersingham, Norfolk, yesterday on what Buckingham Palace described as a “semi-official” visit to meet members of a hobby club for physically disabled people.
Old 02-06-2015, 09:45 AM
Imperial Majesty

Richard Palmer @RoyalReporter · 5h 5 hours ago
The Queen marked the 63rd anniversary of her accession to the throne with prayers for her father George VI at Sandringham today.

GENTLEMAN'S ESSENTIALS
Old 02-09-2015, 11:58 AM
Imperial Majesty

the_british_monarchy
2 hours ago
The Royal Standard flies above #BuckinghamPalace as The Queen returns on a radiant winter's day in #London
Instagram

GENTLEMAN'S ESSENTIALS
Old 02-09-2015, 08:55 PM
Royal Highness

The Queen departs King's Lynn via train at the end of her Sandringham stay.

http://i.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2015/...3492607782.jpg

http://i.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2015/...3492638470.jpg
Old 02-12-2015, 10:49 AM
Administrator

Pakistan-born British poet, artist and documentary filmmaker Imtiaz Dharker was presented with The Queen's Gold Medal for Poetry by Queen Elizabeth at Buckingham Palace today, February 12:

** gettyimages/zimbio gallery **
Old 02-12-2015, 05:09 PM
Royal Highness

The Queen and Prince Philip to reopen Canada House on Trafalgar Square
Old 02-16-2015, 05:18 PM
Royal Highness

The Queen held several audiences at Buckingham Palace - 2015.02.11

Queen Elizabeth II Photos - Weekly Bucket - Feb 9 - Feb 15 - Zimbio
Old 02-17-2015, 05:57 PM
Heir Apparent

Her Majesty hosts a reception honor the 80th annivesary of Diabetes UK.

http://imageshack.com/a/img538/4189/uOAT7y.jpg
http://imageshack.com/a/img908/198/j74oRC.jpg
http://imageshack.com/a/img537/3792/X07XON.jpg
http://imageshack.com/a/img911/6421/S7AB3i.jpg
Old 02-17-2015, 09:55 PM
Royal Highness

The Queen held several audiences at Buckingham Palace - 2015.02.16

Queen Elizabeth II Photos - Weekly Bucket - Feb 16 - Feb 22 - Zimbio

The Queen Attends Reception To Mark 80th Anniversary Of Diabetes UK - 2015.02.17

Queen Elizabeth II Photos - Zimbio

Queen meets diabetes sufferers including daughter of Liverpool boss Brendan Rodgers | Daily Mail Online
Old 02-17-2015, 10:12 PM
Heir Apparent

Love these pictures. HM has a smile that lights the room.
Now forgive me- I'm having a bit of a brain lapse. Why does my mind tell me that HM has an important event next Wed. the 25th? Or is that Catherine? I know about next Monday's reception for the former, and tomorrow's for the latter.
Old 02-18-2015, 11:28 AM
Imperial Majesty

Video:
The Queen has hosted a reception at St James’s Palace in central London this evening, to mark the eightieth anniversary of Diabetes UK. The British charity, which has a team of around 7,000 volunteers and healthcare professionals, raises awareness and funds to support research into the disease. Amongst those attending tonight, was the Liverpool manager Brendan Rodgers, whose daughter suffers from the condition-

http://news.itnsource.com/?SearchTer...ETES%20CHARITY

Video:
The Queen has welcomed the President of Malta Marie Louise Coloeiro Preca to Buckingham Palace today-

http://news.itnsource.com/?SearchTer...NGHAM%20PALACE

GENTLEMAN'S ESSENTIALS
Old 02-19-2015, 11:26 AM
Royal Highness

The Queen reopen Canada House - 2015.02.19

Queen Elizabeth II Photos - Zimbio

Video: Queen gets stuck in traffic outside Canada House - Telegraph

The Queen gets stuck in a traffic jam en route to Canada House | Daily Mail Online
Old 02-19-2015, 01:53 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by ROYAL NORWAY View Post
HM looks divine in that outfit, love the color and the hat.
We were not amused by the traffic jam.
The pictures of HM and the 2 little ones dressed to the 9s and curtsying were a delight. What a Granny.
Old 02-19-2015, 02:37 PM
Super Moderator
Royal Blogger

Getty Images

Getty Images

Belga

Belga Image - Editorial
Old 02-19-2015, 05:28 PM
Imperial Majesty

Video:
The Queen has officially reopened Canada House in central London this morning, following its recent restoration and refurbishment. The building, which houses the Canadian High Commission in the UK, was first opened by King George V in 1925, and means the country’s diplomatic team is now based in a single building, following the closure and sale of Macdonald House in 2013-

Home - ITNSource News

GENTLEMAN'S ESSENTIALS

Tags
queen elizabeth ii, the duke of edinburgh