The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 08-05-2017, 12:48 PM
Heir Apparent

The Queen has made a surprise appearance at the 150th Aboyne Highland Games.

The monarch attended the event on Saturday alone following the retirement of the Duke of Edinburgh this week.

Read more: Queen makes surprise appearance at 150th Aboyne Highland Games

Old 08-05-2017, 12:55 PM
Majesty

Well, that hasn't lasted long

4 September 2017
Her Majesty The Queen accompanied by The Duke of Edinburgh, will open the Queensferry Crossing at South Queensferry.

Afterwards Her Majesty and His Royal Highness will attend a ceremony at the Cube Arena, King Malcolm Drive, Rosyth, to mark the opening of the new Firth of Forth road bridge.

This precious stone set in the silver sea,......
This blessed plot, this earth, this realm, this England,
Old 08-05-2017, 03:13 PM
Gentry

I'm delighted!!

Now he and the Queen can decide what he attends, rather than the flunkies
Old 08-05-2017, 07:16 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rudolph View Post
The Queen has made a surprise appearance at the 150th Aboyne Highland Games.

The monarch attended the event on Saturday alone following the retirement of the Duke of Edinburgh this week.

Read more: Queen makes surprise appearance at 150th Aboyne Highland Games
DF article: Queen makes surprise visit to 150th Aboyne Highland Games | Daily Mail Online

Picture - HM appeared to be in great spirit as usual:
http://i.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2017/...1962155420.jpg
Old 08-07-2017, 12:59 PM
Heir Apparent

Old 08-07-2017, 02:39 PM
Majesty

"This morning saw the official start to her Majesty The Queen’s annual stay in Balmoral, her home on Royal Deeside in the north east of Scotland.
She was welcomed by Balaklava Company, 5th Battalion The Royal Regiment of Scotland (5 SCOTS), who provided a Guard of Honour as she arrived, along with the Regimental Mascot, Shetland Pony Cruachan IV."

https://www.facebook.com/armyinscotl...95510363954514
Old 08-07-2017, 03:28 PM
Heir Apparent

DF article:
The Queen moves into Balmoral Castle for summer holiday | Daily Mail Online
Old 08-07-2017, 07:30 PM
Majesty

Location: On the west side of North up from Back, United States
Sometimes if a person here at TRF that is knowledgeable in my eyes when it comes to things pertaining to the BRF, I'll click on their DF article link and in this one I wasn't disappointed. I got quite a chuckle out of Cruachan the pony that seems to steal the show at Balmoral. Cheeky little guy! Eating the Queen's posies and then making himself known to get the Queen's attention.

Priceless!
Old 08-11-2017, 01:47 PM
Super Moderator
Royal Blogger

H.M.The Queen arrives at Balmoral for annual break

Old 09-01-2017, 07:30 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
The Queen has said she is "deeply saddened" by the loss of life in floods caused by Hurricane Harvey in the US.

In a message to President Donald Trump, the monarch and the Duke of Edinburgh sent their condolences to the families of the 39 people known to have died in the disaster.
Read more: Queen sends condolences to Hurricane Harvey victims - ITV News
Old 09-04-2017, 08:13 AM
Administrator

Queen Elizabeth accompanied by the Duke of Edinburgh opened the Queensferry Crossing at South Queensferry today, September 4. Afterwards they attended a ceremony at the Cube Arena, Rosyth, to mark the opening of the new Firth of Forth road bridge.

** gettyimages gallery **

** dailymail: 'Delighted' Queen and Duke of Edinburgh open a new £1.35bn suspension bridge in Queensferry..**
Old 09-04-2017, 10:35 AM
Majesty

Location: On the west side of North up from Back, United States
You just can't keep a good man down. Although officially retired, he still is the unwavering and steadfast companion to HM. He does actually enjoy these kind of things, I think, and keeping active and going about doing things and seeing things and enjoying life is what is keeping him as hale and hearty as he is.

This man writes the book on how to be a consort to a Queen.
Old 09-04-2017, 10:45 AM
Heir Apparent

Videos:

The Queen and the Duke of Edinburgh and First Minister of Scotland Nicola Sturgeon attend a ceremony to make the inauguration of Queensferry Crossing. The brand new bridge spans the Firth of Forth and was opened to traffic last week after a six-year construction period. The opening of the £1.35 billion project was delayed from the original December 2016 plans due to 'adverse weather conditions:
https://itnproductions.com/news/vide...ssing?type=raw

The Queen cuts the ribbon to officially open the brand new Queensferry Crossing on the Firth of Forth in Scotland. The £1.35 billion project was completed after a six-year construction period and connects Edinburgh to Fife:

The Queen and Nicola Sturgeon officially open the Queensferry Crossing in Scotland. The new bridge links Edinburgh to Fife. The construction project took six years to build and cost £1.35 billion. It opened to traffic at the end of August in 2017 after its original planned opening date in December 2016 was delayed by what the Scottish Government described as 'advers weather conditions:
Old 09-04-2017, 02:29 PM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by Osipi View Post

This man writes the book on how to be a consort to a Queen.
He definitely should write a book on it. He has been and continues to be the ideal Consort.
Old 09-05-2017, 06:52 AM
Super Moderator
Royal Blogger

Here are some photos from yesterdays official opening ceremony for the Queensferry Crossing.

PPE Agency
Old 09-20-2017, 02:20 PM
Heir Apparent

A message from The Queen to the President of Mexico following the recent earthquake

https://www.royal.uk/message-queen-p...ent-earthquake
Old 09-21-2017, 02:33 PM
Super Moderator
Royal Blogger

H.M.The Queen received the Australian Governor General Sir Peter Cosgrove at Balmoral in Scotland today.

Old 09-21-2017, 06:01 PM
Heir Apparent

Thanks An Ard Ri!

Article from the Telegraph:
The Queen of the cardigan trend? It has to be Her Majesty
Quote:
Which came first, the Queen or the cardigan trend? Perhaps Her Majesty has been taking her cue from the catwalk revival, as she was spotted this week in two new button-downs worn with classic tartan kilts at Balmoral Castle.

Cardigans are no longer reserved for ‘grannies’, she will undoubtedly be aware, thanks to Christopher Kane, Gucci and Prada, who have all reappropriated the knitwear staple in cool new incarnations for autumn.
Article from the fail, but worth a read/watch:
Balmoral drawing room reflects Queen's respect for history | Daily Mail Online
Quote:
Does it play Queen? Her Majesty reveals she has an old-style iPod as she gives a glimpse inside ANOTHER of her rooms in Balmoral

From the family heirlooms to the priceless artwork, Balmoral Castle is steeped in royal history.
But a photograph taken inside the drawing room today reveals how Her Majesty has also added her own modern touches.

For sitting atop one of the curved dark wood side tables is an old-school silver iPod mounted in a speaker dock. The gadgets will allow Her Majesty to listen to thousands of her favourite songs at the touch of a button, although it is not known which tunes have made it on to the royal playlist.

Elsewhere the decor is decidedly more traditional. Indeed some of the pieces, including a set of white figurine candlestick holders, are believed to have been installed by the Queen's great-great grandmother, Queen Victoria more than 150 years ago.

The picture was taken during a private audience between the Queen and Sir Peter Cosgrove, the Governor General of Australia and his wife, Lady Cosgrove, on Thursday. It offers the public a glimpse inside a second room in Balmoral just 24 hours after the monarch, 91, was pictured inside the library during another engagement.
A photo from the Telegraph:
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/content/d...g?imwidth=1400

Photo gallery from Getty Images of the audiences from today and yesterday:
Pictures and Photos | Getty Images

And as I wrote in the canadian thread, the Queen is just so damn cute sometimes.
Old 09-21-2017, 06:03 PM
Super Moderator
Royal Blogger

I loved the blazing fire in the background so much I lit my own,though not quite as fancy as Balmoral!
Old 09-21-2017, 06:24 PM
Heir Apparent

I just love to see pictures of the Queen in her spare-time clothes, and of course from the rooms at Balmoral.

(I was about to put the above post in the australian thread, but then I saw that you had posted the ITN video here, so I did the same)

Tags
queen elizabeth ii, the duke of edinburgh