The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > British Royals > Queen Elizabeth II and the Duke of Edinburgh

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 02-01-2015, 04:26 PM
Imperial Majesty

Shortly after the 6th February. She always spends her Ascension Day at Sandringham so she should be back in London next week.

Old 02-01-2015, 11:10 PM
Royal Highness

Our beloved Queen at Sandringham today.

The Queen greets well-wishers after Sunday service on the Sandringham estate | Daily Mail Online

Quote:
Both the 83-year-old Prince and the Queen have been enjoying the winter break, having reduced the number of formal engagements she makes recently.
He is 93.

Brrr Majesty! It's too chilly for the Queen: Her Majesty grimaces as she attends church despite being wrapped up in hat and scarf * | Daily Mail Online

Old 02-02-2015, 09:02 AM
Imperial Majesty
Royal Blogger

@RoyalCentral: The Queen requested to see Kristin Scott Thomas's portrayal of Her Majesty in The Audience. It chronicles her weekly meetings w/ her PM's.

@RoyalCentral: The Queen and The Duke of Edinburgh will open the new South Lynn Fire Station in King's Lynn, Norfolk today.
Old 02-02-2015, 09:47 AM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lumutqueen View Post
@RoyalCentral: The Queen requested to see Kristin Scott Thomas's portrayal of Her Majesty in The Audience. It chronicles her weekly meetings w/ her PM's.

How interesting! I wonder if HM will watch the performance in the theatre at a regular performance, or have a private showing?
Old 02-02-2015, 11:35 AM
Administrator

As mentioned above Queen Elizabeth accompanied by the Duke of Edinburgh opened South Lynn Fire Station in King's Lynn, Norfolk, today, February 2nd:

** gettyimages/zimbio gallery: The Queen & Duke Of Edinburgh Visit Norfolk **

** edp24.co.uk: Video and photo gallery: The Queen and Duke of Edinburgh open new South Lynn fire station **
Old 02-02-2015, 11:50 AM
Heir Apparent

Is it just me or does she look more like her mum in this color? Nice smiles today!
Old 02-02-2015, 04:39 PM
Imperial Majesty

Video:
The Queen and Duke of Edinburgh have been to the new South Lynn Fire Station where Her Majesty unveiled a plaque to officially open the fire station-

Home - ITNSource News

Quote:
Originally Posted by AdmirerUS View Post
Is it just me or does she look more like her mum in this color? Nice smiles today!
She look like her mother is some ways, but she remind me more of her grandmother, Queen Mary.

GENTLEMAN'S ESSENTIALS
Old 02-02-2015, 05:08 PM
Royal Highness

Queen wraps up in Karl Ludwig fur-trimmed coat to open fire station in King's Lynn | Daily Mail Online
Old 02-02-2015, 08:00 PM
Royal Highness

It might be just me but the Queens coats always look too big for her.
The shoulders appear to be way too wide and they are shapeless. I'm not asking for anything at all figure hugging at her age that would be terrible but something fitting better on her shoulders
Unless there could be a medical reason for it covering something

Sent from my iPhone using The Royals Community
Old 02-02-2015, 11:19 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lumutqueen View Post

@RoyalCentral: The Queen and The Duke of Edinburgh will open the new South Lynn Fire Station in King's Lynn, Norfolk today.
First- First article- Lovely! The Queen looks divine!
Second article- First picture- priceless! Love the Duke's tie!
Second- Didn't Helen Mirren star in the play? And Robert Hardy before he fell? So now the monarch is going, and 2 of my favorite actors won't be there? Figures.
Third- Nice pictures, but really dislike HM outfit!
Old 02-03-2015, 01:49 AM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by roseroyal View Post
First- First article- Lovely! The Queen looks divine!
Second article- First picture- priceless! Love the Duke's tie!
Second- Didn't Helen Mirren star in the play? And Robert Hardy before he fell? So now the monarch is going, and 2 of my favorite actors won't be there? Figures.
Third- Nice pictures, but really dislike HM outfit!
I never been a fan of HM's large and shapeless overcoats. It's cold so she have to wrap up though.

GENTLEMAN'S ESSENTIALS
Old 02-03-2015, 03:02 PM
Imperial Majesty

Video:
The Duke of Edinburgh has opened the South Creake Memorial Pavillion in Norfolk today, where he met with members of the local community. Prince Philip was shown how areas of pavillion are used for different activities including fitness and art classes. .

Home - ITNSource News

GENTLEMAN'S ESSENTIALS
Old 02-03-2015, 05:00 PM
Administrator

In addition to the video some nice pics of the opening of the South Creake Memorial Pavilion today:

** gettyimages gallery **

** edp24.co.uk: Photo gallery: The Duke of Edinburgh opens new South Creake Memorial Pavilion **
Old 02-04-2015, 12:48 PM
Imperial Majesty

Royal Central @RoyalCentral · 4h 4 hours ago
On 9 March The Queen & The Duke of Edinburgh will attend the Commonwealth Observance at Westminster Abbey.

The Observance is the biggest multi-faith celebration in the UK
featuring a mixture of testimonies, readings, hymns & musical performances

GENTLEMAN'S ESSENTIALS
Old 02-04-2015, 12:50 PM
Imperial Majesty

The Queen, Sponsor, will visit HMS Ocean in Plymouth, Devon on 20 March.

Her Majesty first visited HMS Ocean in 1998 to officially name the ship and again in 2003 to present a new colour to the Royal Navy.

GENTLEMAN'S ESSENTIALS
Old 02-05-2015, 06:38 PM
Heir Apparent

It is 22:30 on 5th February 1952. About the time George VI retired to bed . He died in the night. Elizabeth becomes Queen.

(if this should be on another thread, can Mods move)

This precious stone set in the silver sea,......
This blessed plot, this earth, this realm, this England,
Old 02-05-2015, 07:43 PM
Majesty

Location: On the west side of North up from Back, United States
Quote:
Originally Posted by cepe View Post
It is 22:30 on 5th February 1952. About the time George VI retired to bed . He died in the night. Elizabeth becomes Queen.
I find it touching that the Queen stays at Sandringham until the anniversary of her father's death passes. To me, it means she still holds him very near and dear to her heart and her memories with her family stay strong. If anything, I regret that she was in Africa at the time of his passing and wasn't with him when he died. Sometimes those "last words" mean so very much.
“When I was 5 years old, my mother always told me that happiness was the key to life. When I went to school, they asked me what I wanted to be when I grew up. I wrote down ‘happy’. They told me I didn’t understand the assignment, and I told them they didn’t understand life.”
― John Lennon
Old 02-05-2015, 08:08 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Osipi View Post
I find it touching that the Queen stays at Sandringham until the anniversary of her father's death passes. To me, it means she still holds him very near and dear to her heart and her memories with her family stay strong. If anything, I regret that she was in Africa at the time of his passing and wasn't with him when he died. Sometimes those "last words" mean so very much.
He died in his sleep so no last words.

Old 02-05-2015, 08:23 PM
Nobility

Thought I would add another comment on because when the previous comment showed up on the app I nearly freaked out!!
Old 02-05-2015, 08:39 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by TortillaChips View Post
Thought I would add another comment on because when the previous comment showed up on the app I nearly freaked out!!
so sorry if it confused you.

Tags
queen elizabeth ii, the duke of edinburgh