The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 01-27-2017, 07:29 AM
Administrator

Queen Elizabeth viewed the Fiji Exhibition at the University of East Anglia in Norwich today, January 27:

** gettyimages/zimbio gallery **

** edp24.co.uk: Queen greeted by Fijian warriors as she arrives for UEA visit to Sainsbury Centre for Visual Arts **

** dailymail: That made her morning! The Queen flashes a smile as she's greeted by topless men in traditional Fijian grass skirts at an exhibition in Norwich **

Old 01-27-2017, 09:06 AM
Imperial Majesty

I hope Prince Philip is okay since he's not at his planned engagement with The Queen today.

A.W. TOZER
Old 01-27-2017, 09:22 AM
Nobility

I hope so too Dman

I love the Queen's face as she exits her SUV & sees the shirtless performers (who must have been freezing - picture 6 in the gallery iceflower linked to). Probably nothing to do with the half naked men, but funny nonetheless.

She looks so pretty in bright colors!
Old 01-27-2017, 09:43 AM
Imperial Majesty

Video:
Queen visits Fiji Exhibition at UEA-
Home - ITNSource News

Queen Elizabeth smiles as topless men greet her in Norwich | Daily Mail Online

A.W. TOZER
Old 01-27-2017, 10:03 AM
Imperial Majesty
Royal Blogger

Apparently it was a diary error and Prince Philip was never meant to attend this event, he's fine at Sandringham.
Old 01-29-2017, 05:09 PM
Heir Apparent

According to The Sunday Times, the US State visit will take place in June.

THis is for information only, not for response as the proper thread is closed.

This precious stone set in the silver sea,......
This blessed plot, this earth, this realm, this England,
Old 02-01-2017, 02:16 PM
Heir Apparent

Roya Nikkhah ‏@RoyaNikkhah
The Queen & Duke of Edinburgh will open the @GCHQ National Cyber Security Centre in London on February 14th
Old 02-05-2017, 08:51 AM
Heir Presumptive

The day before she becomes the Sapphire Queen, our record breaking smiling monarch atended church and went on a short walkabout:
The Queen attends a church service in Norfolk | Daily Mail Online
Quote:
The Queen seemed to be in especially high spirits today as she prepares to become the first monarch to reach a sapphire jubilee tomorrow.

Her Majesty seemed as spiritely as ever as she arrived a church service at St Peter and St Paul West Newton in Norfolk this morning.

The monarch, 90, could barely take the smile off her face as she greeted well-wishers awaiting her arrival.
Pictures:
http://i.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2017/...6300084056.jpg

http://i.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2017/...6300095202.jpg

http://i.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2017/...6300115916.jpg
Old 02-05-2017, 09:18 AM
Super Moderator
Royal Blogger

Here are a few more photos

Queen Elizabeth Ii Queen's Sapphire Jubilee Pictures and Photos | Getty Images
Old 02-05-2017, 10:22 AM
Heir Presumptive

Queen all smiles on walkabout ahead of Sapphire Jubilee - ITV News
Quote:
Well-wishers were greeted with a smile as the Queen went on a walkabout on the eve of becoming the first British monarch to reach their Sapphire Jubilee.

The 90 year-old was handed bouquets from the waiting crowds after the church service at St Peter and St Paul in West Newton, Norfolk.

Monday will mark 65 years to the day since Elizabeth II came to the throne.
Old 02-05-2017, 07:39 PM
Imperial Majesty

Video:
The Queen and Duke of Edinburgh attend church service in Norfolk-
Home - ITNSource News

A.W. TOZER
Old 02-07-2017, 07:15 AM
Administrator

Queen Elizabeth arrived at King's Lynn Station after the Christmas break at Sandringham today, February 7:

** gettyimages gallery **

** dailymail: Welcome back, Ma'am! The Queen looks cheerful in vibrant green as she returns to London **
Old 02-07-2017, 08:34 AM
Heir Presumptive

I was about to post about this in the General News thread (since this is not a current event) but since you as administrator have postet about here, then I assume that it's okay to post about it here.

Our Sapphire Queen looked great:
Queen boards train from Norfolk after traditional break - ITV News
Quote:
Traditionally the Queen spends Christmas and the new year period at her private Sandringham estate.

This winter there were concerns as Her Majesty suffered from a heavy cold which forced her to miss church over Christmas, however she appeared to be in good health today as she made her way back to London.
Queen boards train for journey back to London as she finishes winter break at*Sandringham
Quote:
The Queen has made the journey by train back to London after her traditional winter break came to an end.

Looking relaxed and wearing a lime green coat and a headscarf, the monarch was photographed boarding a train at King's Lynn station.
Queen on the train back to London after Sapphire Jubilee milestone | Royal | News | Express.co.uk
Quote:
Lovely in lime! Queen boards train to London after Sapphire Jubilee milestone

THE Queen looked happy and relaxed as she made the journey by train back to London after her traditional winter break came to an end.
https://www.thesun.co.uk/news/280572...ngham-illness/
Quote:
WELCOME HOME, MA'AM! The Queen arrives back in London by train after her extended winter break at Sandringham through illness
She recently became the first British monarch to reign for 65 years as she celebrated her Sapphire Jubilee

FOLLOWING a winter break at Sandringham the Queen has been pictured returning to London by train today.

The 88-year-old caught the 10.54 service from King’s Lynn in Norfolk to King’s Cross.
This must be an innocent mistake, for if there is a person in this country who doesn't know that Her Majesty is 90, that person must be deaf-blind.
Old 02-07-2017, 06:21 PM
Courtier

When she makes these trips, does she ride regular first class, or is a car from her train attached to the scheduled train that is running?
Old 02-07-2017, 06:27 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by padams2359 View Post
When she makes these trips, does she ride regular first class, or is a car from her train attached to the scheduled train that is running?
That is a std first class carriage which is added to a scheduled train for her use only.

This precious stone set in the silver sea,......
This blessed plot, this earth, this realm, this England,
Old 02-07-2017, 07:36 PM
Heir Apparent

It's silly, I know, but I always hope she loves the train as much as I do. The gentle rocking and sound of a train can feel so comforting/civilized. And one need never know road rage!
Old 02-14-2017, 06:51 AM
Administrator

Today, February 14, Queen Elizabeth and the Duke of Edinburgh officially opened the National Cyber Security Centre in London.

** gettyimages/zimbio gallery **

** dailymail: GCHQ cyber security chief admits even HE struggles to remember his internet passwords as the Queen opens..**
Old 02-14-2017, 10:15 AM
Imperial Majesty

Video:
The Queen and Duke of Edinburgh Opening The National Cyber Security Centre-
Home - ITNSource News

A.W. TOZER
Old 02-15-2017, 01:43 AM
Majesty

Duke of Edinburgh: Wartime communication `wasn´t quite so secure as we thought´ | Daily Mail Online
Old 02-16-2017, 04:24 AM
Administrator

Indian High Commissioner to the UK Yashvardhan Kumar Sinha and the Republic of Seychelles Ambassador Derick Ally presented their credentials to Queen Elizabeth at Buckingham Palace yesterday, February 15:

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 ** gettyimages gallery **

Tags
queen elizabeth ii, the duke of edinburgh