The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > British Royals > Queen Elizabeth II and the Duke of Edinburgh

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 09-03-2016, 07:15 PM
Courtier

The bandage on her right leg has been there for a very long time. Even at her advanced age, that is a long time for a injury to heal.

Old 09-03-2016, 11:06 PM
Courtier

HM is wearing a rather large bandage on her right leg; anyone know what happened?

Old 09-03-2016, 11:41 PM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by gerry View Post
HM is wearing a rather large bandage on her right leg; anyone know what happened?

She has been wearing a bandage over a bruise etc on that leg since the summer. Maybe a very slow healing injury - not uncommon in the very old.
Old 09-04-2016, 12:07 AM
Heir Apparent

Yes, that's been there for a very long time now, perhaps the result of a knock. I hope it's not developing into an ulcer. The Queen should get some fresh air and sunshine on it.
Old 09-04-2016, 12:17 AM
Imperial Majesty

Picture:
The Queen at the Games-
Queen Elizabeth II attends The 2016 Braemar Highland Gathering on... News Photo | Getty Images

It appears to have healed. She's no longer wearing the patch over it.

GENTLEMAN'S ESSENTIALS
Old 09-04-2016, 11:13 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dman View Post
Picture:
The Queen at the Games-
Queen Elizabeth II attends The 2016 Braemar Highland Gathering on... News Photo | Getty Images

It appears to have healed. She's no longer wearing the patch over it.
I agree - needed extended rest to heal. I don't know about the rest of you but I am relived.
Old 09-19-2016, 03:27 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Prince Philip has agreed to a rare chat with presenter Phillip Schofield on camera.

The 95-year-old Duke, who in the past has given seasoned interviewers short shrift, has taken questions from his namesake for a documentary to mark 60 years of the Duke of Edinburgh Award.

His decision to allow the cameras to follow him comes after five years of declining TV interviews since he sat down with the BBC’s Fiona Bruce for his 90th birthday in June 2011.

During the awkward chat Philip admitted he did not want to be interviewed and said about the Duke of Edinburgh scheme: “I don’t run it - I’ve said it’s all fairly secondhand the whole business.

“I mean, I eventually got landed with the responsibility or the credit for it.

“I’ve got no reason to be proud of it. It’s satisfying that we’ve set up a formula that works - that’s it.”
Read more: Phillip Schofield to interview Prince Philip in rare TV chat to mark 60 years of Duke of Edinburgh Award - Mirror Online
Old 09-19-2016, 03:44 PM
Majesty

Location: On the west side of North up from Back, United States
That's Philip. Blunt and to the point. He doesn't want fanfare, glory, accolades or any of that. He does what he does and that's it. No airs about this guy at all. He gives the credit to where its due. I like that in a person.
“When I was 5 years old, my mother always told me that happiness was the key to life. When I went to school, they asked me what I wanted to be when I grew up. I wrote down ‘happy’. They told me I didn’t understand the assignment, and I told them they didn’t understand life.”
― John Lennon
Old 09-27-2016, 02:39 PM
Heir Apparent

Queen meets Ballater flooding victims - BBC News
Old 10-11-2016, 11:39 AM
Heir Apparent

The Queen receives the President of Croatia, Kolinda Grabar-Kitarovic, at Buckingham Palace today, 11 October 2016.

https://scontent.fath3-1.fna.fbcdn.n...c1&oe=589EAE6F
Old 10-11-2016, 02:02 PM
Imperial Majesty

Video:
The Queen has hosted the Croatian President Kolinda Grabar-Kitarovic at Buckingham Palace.
http://itnsourcenews.com/?SearchTerm...INDA%20GRABAR-

GENTLEMAN'S ESSENTIALS
Old 10-11-2016, 06:01 PM
Super Moderator
Royal Blogger

The Queen and Duke attended the Royal Academy of Arts on October 11th in London.

Queen Elizabeth Ii Pictures and Photos | Getty Images
Old 10-11-2016, 06:15 PM
Heir Apparent

I'm so pleased to see them together! They both look really good!
Old 10-11-2016, 09:27 PM
Heir Apparent

Yes, they're both looking very spry and dapper. The Queen appears to be a bit frail, but very sparkling and lovely. There's no-one like her really.
Old 10-12-2016, 12:13 AM
Imperial Majesty

Queen and Duke of Edinburgh receive long service medals

Congrats to them.

Video:
The Queen and Duke of Edinburgh at the Royal Academy-
Home - ITNSource News

http://www.express.co.uk/news/royal/...Michael-Fallon

GENTLEMAN'S ESSENTIALS
Old 10-12-2016, 09:49 AM
Majesty

I think this is simply fantastic and have expressed my sentiments on it in the General Information thread.

This is definitely newsworthy!
“When I was 5 years old, my mother always told me that happiness was the key to life. When I went to school, they asked me what I wanted to be when I grew up. I wrote down ‘happy’. They told me I didn’t understand the assignment, and I told them they didn’t understand life.”
― John Lennon
Old 10-12-2016, 10:38 AM
Majesty

Queen Elizabeth II is to meet His Holiness Patriarch Kirill of Moscow and All Russia

Quote:
On October 11, 2016, Metropolitan Hilarion of Volokolamsk, head of the Moscow Patriarchate’s department for external church relations (DECR), met with Great Britain’s ambassador to Russia Dr. Laurie Bristow. Participating in the meeting from the side of the British diplomatic mission was the first secretary Jonathan Evans. From the DECR side there was Archpriest Sergiy Zvonarev, secretary for the far abroad.
Metropolitan Hilarion warmly welcomed the high-ranking diplomat to the synodal department.

They discussed various matters concerning the forthcoming pastoral visit of His Holiness Patriarch Kirill of Moscow and All Russia to Great Britain to take place from October 15 to 18, 2016. The visit is devoted to the 300th anniversary of the Russian Orthodox Church’s presence in the British islands.
https://mospat.ru/en/2016/10/11/news136962/

Quote:
Patriarch Kirill expected to meet with Queen Elizabeth II in London (updated)

Moscow, October 5, Interfax - Patriarch Kirill of Moscow and All Russia is expected to meet with Queen Elizabeth II while visiting the United Kingdom on October 15-18.

"Patriarch Kirill is expected to meet with Queen Elizabeth II of the United Kingdom, who celebrated her 90th birthday this year, and with Archbishop Justin Welby, the leader of the Church of England," Metropolitan Hilarion of Volokolamsk, the chairman of the Moscow Patriarchate's Department for External Church Relations, said in an interview with Interfax-Religion on Wednesday.
He did not disclose the agenda of the meetings.
Interfax-Religion
Old 10-12-2016, 03:21 PM
Majesty

Thanks for posting this Al_bina. It blows my mind that they are celebrating 300 years of the Russian Orthodox Church being in Britain. It blows my mind in the respect that the country I live in hasn't even existed for 300 years.

I'm wondering too if Charles will want to participate in this visit too. Its always seemed to me that Charles has a deep respect and interest in the other faiths that make up the diverse communities that are Great Britain.
― John Lennon
Old 10-13-2016, 09:56 AM
Heir Apparent

PA Images ‏@PAImages
Queen Elizabeth II visits the Corps of Royal Engineers at Brompton Barracks in Chatham, Kent

https://www.paimages.co.uk/headline/891278
Old 10-13-2016, 10:41 AM
Imperial Majesty

The Queen arrives at Brompton Barracks*in her Range Rover | Daily Mail Online

GENTLEMAN'S ESSENTIALS

Tags
queen elizabeth ii, the duke of edinburgh