The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > British Royals > Queen Elizabeth II and the Duke of Edinburgh

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 06-25-2016, 04:58 PM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spheno View Post
Thanks!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Osipi View Post
No matter what is happening in the world or regardless of the weather, when it comes to our beloved Queen (yes, I know I'm American but this wonderful woman is very much respected and loved around the globe), people turn out in droves just to see her and catch a glimpse of her wonderful smile. She means something to those around her and no matter what, she's a icon of stability, unity and a reassurance that there are things that are constant in an ever changing world.

I loved how HM made a point of going off center of the balcony and waving to people that perhaps weren't front and center to where she was. Its the little thoughts of consideration that HM puts into things that should be a role model for the rest of us.
Yes, and the fun thing is that although she hasn't gone on a walkabout since 2012 (with the exception of her 90th birthday in Windsor) and almost never uses the Queenmobile anymore, and her (now very rare) upcoming visits is barely mentioned because of security, people (young and old) still meets up with their phones and flovers to greet her.

And let's hope her wonderful smile will continue to be smiling over us for many years to come, because when she dies, I think (as a royal expert said in 2015) that the vast majority of this country will be absolutely bereft.

Old 06-27-2016, 09:26 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
The Queen and Duke of Edinburgh will visit the Giant's Causeway on Tuesday and stop at Bushmills for the unveiling of a statue to Robert Quigg, who won a Victoria Cross in the First World War.

They will have lunch at Royal Portrush Golf Club and travel by steam train to officially open Bellarena Railway Station.

The royal party flies in today and will travel to Hillsborough Castle to meet Secretary of State Theresa Villiers, First Minister Arlene Foster and Deputy First Minister Martin McGuinness.
Read more: Queen and Duke fly in for Antrim coast visit - BelfastTelegraph.co.uk

Old 06-27-2016, 12:48 PM
Majesty

i hear that the queen is (rightly so) furious about brexit. is this true? have their been any reports as to the queen's opinion on the matter?
http://www.theanimalrescuesite.com/
Take some time to sign the petitions @: http://www.thepetitionsite.com/animal-welfare/all
Old 06-27-2016, 01:14 PM
Majesty

Location: On the west side of North up from Back, United States
I doubt that anyone really knows the Queen's thoughts or feelings on Brexit. Its an area of politics and HM is a master of not alluding to her feelings regarding them. We'll probably never know what she personally thinks or feels.
“When I was 5 years old, my mother always told me that happiness was the key to life. When I went to school, they asked me what I wanted to be when I grew up. I wrote down ‘happy’. They told me I didn’t understand the assignment, and I told them they didn’t understand life.”
― John Lennon
Old 06-27-2016, 02:51 PM
Imperial Majesty

Video:
The Queen and Prince Philip arrive at Hillsborough Castle-
Home - ITNSource News

GENTLEMAN'S ESSENTIALS
Old 06-27-2016, 04:15 PM

Queen Elizabeth and the Duke of Edinburgh Current Events 26: December 2014

Airport arrival in Belfast this afternoon. The Queen was greeted on arrival by Mrs Fionnuala Jay-O'Boyle CBE, HM Lord-Lieutenant of Belfast.

https://m.facebook.com/Harrison-Phot...1007055601189/

Audiences at Hillsborough Castle

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-northern-ireland-36635180

Sent from my iPad using The Royals Community

God Save The Queen!

Old 06-27-2016, 05:15 PM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by RoyalProtocol View Post
Quote:
The Queen has met First Minister Arlene Foster and Deputy First Minister Martin McGuinness as she arrived in Northern Ireland for a two-day visit.

The pair greeted the Queen separately at a room in Hillsborough Castle in County Down.

Sinn Féin's Mr McGuinness, who first met the Queen exactly four years ago, told her was nice to see her again and asked if she was feeling well.

The Queen laughed as she replied: "Well I'm still alive anyway."

The 90-year-old monarch shook his hand and told him there had been "quite a lot going on" in recent months.

"I've had two birthdays which have been quite busy," the Queen said.
And thank god for that
Old 06-27-2016, 05:36 PM
Super Moderator
Royal Blogger

The Queen and Duke in Northern Ireland

Getty Images

http://www.gettyimages.co.uk/photos/...rs&sort=newest

Belga

Belga Image - Editorial
Old 06-28-2016, 02:12 AM
Imperial Majesty
TRF Author

The Queen and Prince Philip arrive at Hillsborough Castle to kick off NI visit | Daily Mail Online
Old 06-28-2016, 07:50 AM

The Queen and The Duke of Edinburgh begin today's tour of Counties Antrim and Londonderry at the Giant's Causeway

https://mobile.twitter.com/NITourist...7Ctwgr%5Etweet

The Queen was greeted on her arrival by Mrs Joan Christie OBE, HM Lord-Lieutenant of County Antrim.

The Giant's Causeway is a World Heritage Site managed by the National Trust. HM and HRH visited the fairly new Visitors' Centre and the famous causeway itself.

God Save The Queen!

Old 06-28-2016, 09:27 AM
Super Moderator
Royal Blogger

Day2

Visit to the Giants Causway and village of Busmills.

Queen Elizabeth Ii Pictures And Photos | Getty Images
Old 06-28-2016, 09:32 AM
Imperial Majesty
TRF Author

Queen visits Giant's Causeway where Game of Thrones is filmed | Daily Mail Online
Old 06-28-2016, 09:55 AM

http://www.itv.com/news/utv/story/20...thern-ireland/

More footage from today's visit. This time The Queen in Bushmills, County Antrim

God Save The Queen!

Old 06-28-2016, 01:06 PM
Imperial Majesty

Videos:
The Queen and Duke of Edinburgh takes the Giant's Causeway Tour-
Home - ITNSource News

The Queen and Prince Philip takes a steam train down memory lane in Northern Ireland-
http://itnsourcenews.com/?SearchTerm...hern%20Ireland

GENTLEMAN'S ESSENTIALS
Old 06-28-2016, 04:33 PM
Heir Apparent

Queen retraces Northern Ireland train journey from coronation year - BT
Old 06-28-2016, 04:45 PM
Majesty

Location: On the west side of North up from Back, United States
It sounds like it was quite a wonderful day for HM and the DoE. From giants to nostalgic train ride with many people turning out, regardless of the weather, to wave hello at their monarch.

What impressed me the most though was how touched the Quigg family was with not only having a family war hero honored by HM, The Queen, but also being probably very surprised and honored that this woman that has met so many people over the years could actually say that she remembered shaking their relative's hand back in 1953. All I can say to that is "WoW!" No one can top HM when it comes to meeting and greeting people.
“When I was 5 years old, my mother always told me that happiness was the key to life. When I went to school, they asked me what I wanted to be when I grew up. I wrote down ‘happy’. They told me I didn’t understand the assignment, and I told them they didn’t understand life.”
― John Lennon
Old 06-28-2016, 05:01 PM
Royal Highness

To see HM out and about with her wonderful smile is very reassuring in these unstable times.

And as a reporter said on Sky News today, ''so much has changed in the last few days, but the Queen is the constant, and for many the most reassuring presense, as the UK prepares to depart from EU.''

And thanks to everyone for your posts about HM's visit to Northern Ireland, especially to RoyalProtocol who has started posting again.
Old 06-28-2016, 05:21 PM
Heir Apparent

Kirsten Elder @KirstenElder
Some photos from Bushmills earlier. Not everyday you see HM Queen and Duke of Edinburgh

https://twitter.com/KirstenElder/sta...84337480220672
Old 06-28-2016, 05:35 PM
Nobility

So typical, HM is in my neck of the woods and I happen to be in the US! The last time she was here, I had a job interview so couldn't see her then either. Hopefully one day.

Bushmills is a nice little town. The railway line from Coleraine to Londonderry is so beautiful, well worth a visit if you happen to be in NI.
Old 06-28-2016, 05:55 PM
Heir Apparent

The Queen unveils a statue to Robert Quigg, who was awarded the Victoria Cross for bravery during the Battle of the Somme in 1916, as she continues her visit to Northern Ireland.

Tags
queen elizabeth ii, the duke of edinburgh