The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 05-30-2016, 05:53 PM
Imperial Majesty

I hope Prince Philip make it to all of those events!

A.W. TOZER
Old 05-30-2016, 06:13 PM
Majesty

Location: On the west side of North up from Back, United States
I noticed in the article posted it mentioned that the event at Jutland was prone to be quite windy. Maybe its a precautionary measure as we've seen what happened with the DoE when he was exposed to the weather for the Thames Diamond Jubilee Pageant. He ended up in the hospital.

Better to be safe than sorry especially with all the events coming up soon.

Old 05-30-2016, 06:31 PM
Heir Presumptive

Golly I hope we don't over react every time something like this happens. They are both in their '90s this is what is going to happen from now on. The have the best medical care in the world and are well looked after.
Old 05-30-2016, 06:59 PM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by royal rob View Post
Golly I hope we don't over react every time something like this happens. They are both in their '90s this is what is going to happen from now on. The have the best medical care in the world and are well looked after.
Well, I think people are realizing the inevitable is getting closer and people tend to show concern for Philip and The Queen's health more now than ever.

A.W. TOZER
Old 05-31-2016, 03:41 AM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dman View Post
Video:
Prince Philip's son in law, Vice Admiral Tim Laurence, explains Philip's disappointment in missing the event-
Philip 'Frustrated' To Miss Jutland Memorial
From this article:
Quote:
Sky News understands that he is staying privately in Scotland with the Queen.
Quote:
I had been in agreement with you if he had been a ordinary 95 year old, but he's not. This is the Queen's husband and it is quite natural that people becomes worried when the palace says this:
Quote:
Following doctor's advice, the Duke of Edinburgh has reluctantly decided not to attend the commemorations marking the Battle of Jutland tomorrow in Kirkwall and Hoy.
Old 05-31-2016, 04:29 AM
Courtier

Quote:

Hear, hear.
Old 05-31-2016, 11:04 AM
Heir Apparent

I'm sure the DM will launch an investigation into how much this private jet is costing us... I'm still waiting on the break down for Sophie using the helicopter two days in a row

Peter Hunt @BBCPeterHunt
Prince Philip flew back from Balmoral with his wife. And two corgis.

https://twitter.com/BBCPeterHunt/sta...57906557014016
Old 05-31-2016, 11:16 AM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rudolph View Post
I'm sure the DM will launch an investigation into how much this private jet is costing us... I'm still waiting on the break down for Sophie using the helicopter two days in a row

Peter Hunt @BBCPeterHunt

Not going to happen

A.W. TOZER
Old 05-31-2016, 02:47 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rudolph View Post

Peter Hunt @BBCPeterHunt

He has now changed his tweet:

Peter Hunt ‏@BBCPeterHunt
Twitter users have placed me on the naughty step. Try again. Prince Philip flew back with the Queen. And two corgis.
Old 06-01-2016, 11:26 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Prince Philip had to reluctantly bow out of official duties earlier this week after doctors advised him to stay at home. On Wednesday, however, the Duke was well enough to carry out an engagement alongside his wife the Queen.

The Prince, 94, was on hand to welcome the President of Germany Joachim Gauck to Buckingham Palace.

A photo from the royal family's official Twitter account was posted online, showing the trio chatting.
Read more: Prince Philip's first appearance since missing engagement on doctor's orders
Old 06-01-2016, 12:01 PM
Heir Presumptive

And here's a video:
The Queen and the Duke of Edinburgh have met Joachim Gauck, the President of the Federal Republic of Germany, at Buckingham Palace.
Home - ITNSource News
Old 06-01-2016, 02:22 PM
Imperial Majesty

Video:
The Queen visits the Honourable Artillery Company in London-
Home - ITNSource News

A.W. TOZER
Old 06-01-2016, 02:43 PM
Heir Apparent

Considering his 95th birthday coming up, he is going strong Its understandable he may have to miss events for health reasons but he was right back at it. Thinking of people who are excited to retire at 65, this is a man who has worked an extra 30 years and is still going.
Old 06-01-2016, 02:54 PM
Royal Highness

In the video you can hear Philip 'apologise for not being there yesterday'. Better safe than sorry and he got change to meet the president today so no harm done
Old 06-02-2016, 07:44 AM
Heir Apparent

Press Association ‏@PA
The Duke of Edinburgh visits Veterans Aid hostel after missing Battle of Jutland anniversary

Duke of Edinburgh to visit Veterans Aid's flagship hostel in London - AOL News UK
Old 06-02-2016, 07:59 PM
Imperial Majesty

Video:
The Duke of Edinburgh takes the Salute at the Sounding Retreat-
http://itnsourcenews.com/?SearchTerm...ding%20retreat

A.W. TOZER
Old 06-03-2016, 05:33 AM
Super Moderator
Royal Blogger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dman View Post
Video:
The Duke of Edinburgh takes the Salute at the Sounding Retreat-
Home - ITNSource News
Here are a few photos from that ceremony

Belga

Belga Image - Editorial
Old 06-16-2016, 03:45 PM
Heir Presumptive

The Birthday girl is coming to Liverpool:

Read more: Queen Elizabeth and the Duke of Edinburgh will spend a busy day in Liverpool – Royal Central
Quote:
The Queen and Duke of Edinburgh, will be attending a number of engagements in Liverpool next Wednesday. These acknowledge both the great history and heritage of the city, but also how Great Britain is becoming a centre of excellence in a number of fields on the world stage. The Royal Party will travel to Liverpool’s Lime Street station by the Royal Train, where they will be welcomed by a party led by the Lord Lieutenant of Merseyside, Dame Lorna Muirhead.
Old 06-22-2016, 06:48 AM
Administrator

Queen Elizabeth and the Duke of Edinburgh in Liverpool today, June 22:

** gettyimages gallery **

** liverpoolecho.co.uk: The Queen in Liverpool: Royal visit to the city - Live updates **
Old 06-22-2016, 07:03 AM
Moderator Emeritus
Blog Editor
Royal Blogger

Queen of thrift! Her Majesty recycles her 2013 Royal Ascot pink outfit for a visit to Liverpool with Prince Philip

Read more: The Queen recycles her 2013 Royal Ascot outfit for a visit to Liverpool* | Daily Mail Online

Tags
queen elizabeth ii, the duke of edinburgh