The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > British Royals > Queen Elizabeth II and the Duke of Edinburgh

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 04-22-2016, 11:19 AM
Heir Apparent

Barack and Michelle Obama have lunch with the Queen at Windsor Castle | Daily Mail Online

Old 04-22-2016, 12:49 PM
Royal Highness

I really like the Obamas and I like seeing them with Her Majesty the Queen.

Old 04-22-2016, 01:20 PM
Aristocracy

I was watching the Obama's arrival to meet HM and Prince Philip and noticed that Michelle did not curtsy to the Queen. Should she have?
Old 04-22-2016, 01:33 PM
Imperial Majesty
Royal Blogger

Curtsying/Bowing is always optional and is a sign of respect. She doesn't have to. I believe she has done before.
Old 04-22-2016, 02:40 PM
Super Moderator
Picture of the Week Coordinator

I've deleted and edited a number of posts discussing the cost of this trip to US taxpayers. Please remain on topic. Any further off-topic posts will be deleted.
Old 04-22-2016, 02:45 PM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lumutqueen View Post
Obama had lunch with the Queen and the DoE and will have dinner with the Duke and Duchess of Cambridge. Where are the PoW and the Duchess of Cornwall ?
Old 04-22-2016, 03:41 PM
Imperial Majesty
Royal Blogger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mbruno View Post
Obama had lunch with the Queen and the DoE and will have dinner with the Duke and Duchess of Cambridge. Where are the PoW and the Duchess of Cornwall ?
He's having dinner with The Duke and Duchess and Prince Henry. Frankly i understand why he visited The Queen for lunch, i don't know why he's with the Cambridge and Henry tonight. He's spent most of his afternoon plugging Brexit for Cameron. It's not a state visit, so Charles and Camilla don't need to be there.
Old 04-22-2016, 04:00 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by duchessrachel View Post
I was watching the Obama's arrival to meet HM and Prince Philip and noticed that Michelle did not curtsy to the Queen. Should she have?
No, she's the wife of a head of state.

When the Kennedys visited the Queen back in the early 60's Jacqueline was given that advice and did not curtsey. She later curtseyed to Prince Philip when she met him at the White House after JFKs funeral and explained she was no longer the wife of a head of state.
Old 04-23-2016, 10:29 AM
Serene Highness

Today is St Georges Day, typically the day the new members into the Knight of the Garter are announced. Any rumblings on announcements?

( not sure right thread..... Could not find one on Knight of the Garter. Mods: please move as appropriate)
Old 04-23-2016, 12:51 PM
Imperial Majesty
Royal Blogger

Quote:
Originally Posted by MichelleQ2 View Post
Today is St Georges Day, typically the day the new members into the Knight of the Garter are announced. Any rumblings on announcements?

( not sure right thread..... Could not find one on Knight of the Garter. Mods: please move as appropriate)
It would more than likely come under this thread;
The Honours thread

But i can't find anything as being announced.
Old 05-05-2016, 04:38 PM
Super Moderator
Royal Blogger

H.M.The Queen met with the Japanese Prime Minister Shinzo Abe, and his wife Akie, at Buckingham Palace today.

Getty Images

http://www.gettyimages.co.uk/photos/...rs&sort=newest

Belga

Belga Image - Editorial
Old 05-06-2016, 08:07 AM
Imperial Majesty
Royal Blogger

Mark Stewart ‏@RegalEyes 15m15 minutes ago
HM The Queen visits Berkhamsted School as part of the school's 475th Anniversary celebrations.
https://twitter.com/RegalEyes/status/728537658998272000
Old 05-06-2016, 08:15 AM
Administrator

Here are some more pics:

** gettyimages: GBR: The Queen Visits Berkhamsted School **
Old 05-06-2016, 01:26 PM
Imperial Majesty

The Queen seen with mystery bruise on her leg on official visit to school - Mirror Online

GENTLEMAN'S ESSENTIALS
Old 05-06-2016, 02:11 PM
Imperial Majesty
Royal Blogger

I've solved the mystery, she bumped into something! I'm a genius, where's my article?
Old 05-06-2016, 02:30 PM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lumutqueen View Post
I've solved the mystery, she bumped into something! I'm a genius, where's my article?
I guessed the same thing, but it could a busted blood vessel in her leg as well.

GENTLEMAN'S ESSENTIALS
Old 05-06-2016, 02:37 PM
Royal Highness

Superficial bruises of that type appear, I believe, quite often in people who are in their 90s like the Queen.
Old 05-06-2016, 03:32 PM
Royal Highness

Our matchless Queen looked to be in excellent form during today's engagements, as usual.

BBC Local Live: Beds, Herts & Bucks on Friday, 6 May 2016 - BBC News
Quote:
The Queen has left Berkhamsted after a three-and-a-half-hour visit. Thousands turned out to see her.

She met many excited - and very smart children - at Berkhamsted School.
More pictures:
Queen Elizabeth II Photos - The Queen Visits Berkhamsted School - Zimbio

http://www1.pictures.zimbio.com/gi/Q...qfirAesQul.jpg

The Queen wears an eye-catching fuchsia ensemble as she meets Berkhamsted School children | Daily Mail Online

HM with the pupils - she looked at them with her sweet smile, as she always do with children:
http://i.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2016/...2548003778.jpg

http://i.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2016/...2548635006.jpg

http://i.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2016/...2552626843.jpg

Crowds lined the streets again. She should use the Queenmobile more often, as she did before, so people can se her. I guarantee that people will meet up, but that will of course be a security nightmare for the police, as it was at Windsor last month.

This is a Queen who used to go on walkabouts constantly from 1970 till 2012, and people are still showing up with their flowers unaware that she's not doing it anymore. I know of several people (young and old) who have been disappointed, but people should know that she is 90 and that we have to think about security.

http://media.gettyimages.com/photos/...re-id528549680

http://media.gettyimages.com/photos/...re-id528549686

Videos:
The Queen wears a striking fuchsia outfit on Berkhamstead visit | Daily Mail Online
Old 05-06-2016, 03:33 PM
Imperial Majesty

Video:
A Royal Welcome for The Queen in Berkhamstead-
Home - ITNSource News

The Queen met up with The Duchess of Cambridge's protection officer, Emma Probert and I think her son.

GENTLEMAN'S ESSENTIALS
Old 05-06-2016, 03:57 PM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dman View Post
Video:
A Royal Welcome for The Queen in Berkhamstead-
Home - ITNSource News

The Queen met up with The Duchess of Cambridge's protection officer, Emma Probert and I think her son.
Look at the crowds in the beginning of the video. I've talked with a friend who was there, and he said that this is just a small part of all the people who stood along the roads to see her.

Tags
queen elizabeth ii, the duke of edinburgh