The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > British Royals > Queen Elizabeth II and the Duke of Edinburgh

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 10-30-2015, 10:12 PM
Heir Presumptive

Very cool- one of the pictures on the table behind the Queen appears to be Zara Phillips on Toytown.

Old 10-30-2015, 11:00 PM
Serene Highness

HM certainly looks lovely in that red dress, one of her prettiest looks. I sometime do not like the flowered dresses that look like they are all made alike.

Old 10-30-2015, 11:06 PM
Heir Apparent

As John Key is a monarchist and they have met several times before I'm sure the Queen feels very comfortable chatting to him.
Old 10-30-2015, 11:14 PM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by Curryong View Post
As John Key is a monarchist and they have met several times before I'm sure the Queen feels very comfortable chatting to him.
In all fairness, the Queen of New Zealand always seems to enjoy her chances to have talks with Prime Ministers from her other realms.
Old 10-30-2015, 11:28 PM
Imperial Majesty

I really like the room they're in. It seems like a nice comfortable setting for sitting with the family and catching up.

GENTLEMAN'S ESSENTIALS
Old 10-31-2015, 12:39 AM
Royal Highness

Quote:
I agree, but the Queen is known to get all people (whether it's monarchists or republicans) that she has private conversations with to feel comfortable, and from what I've heard/seen she seems to be very comfortable with them too. I think even when she meets Jeremy Corbyn, as some so-called royal experts also have said.
Old 10-31-2015, 12:48 AM
Heir Apparent

^ I'm sure she does, but the Commonwealth and her realms are very important to the Queen and it's always a bit nicer chatting to someone whom you feel isn't going to go home and happily plan the next referendum to remove you and your successors!
Old 10-31-2015, 01:05 AM
Royal Highness

Quote:
^ I'm sure she does, but the Commonwealth and her realms are very important to the Queen and it's always a bit nicer chatting to someone whom you feel isn't going to go home and happily plan the next referendum to remove you and your successors!
Yes, of course it is!
Old 11-04-2015, 12:34 PM
Royal Highness

Ninety-four years young and out and about. I am no fan of Prince Philip, but he has been a great support to the Queen.

Video:
Prince Philip was given a tour of the progress being made for the Crossrail station at Farringdon this morning. Farringdon station is undergoing a major redevelopment to increase capacity, improve accessibility and upgrade interchanges as part of the building of Crossrail. The Duke of Edinburgh chatted with staff and asked how much longer the development would take, and took the time to chat to the only female civil engineer working on the project.

Home - ITNSource News
Old 11-04-2015, 12:44 PM
Majesty

4 November 2015

President Nazarbaev met with Queen Elizabeth II | Akorda |

President Nazarbaev was accompanied by Dariga Nazarbaeva, his eldest daughter.
Old 11-04-2015, 12:55 PM
Administrator

The Duke of Edinburgh visiting the Crossrail's underground construction site at Farringdon Station in London today:

** gettyimages/zimbio gallery **
Old 11-04-2015, 04:43 PM
Heir Apparent

Now... that is a legendary image... Prince Philip is still rocking at 94
Old 11-04-2015, 05:00 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by iceflower View Post
. The Duke of Edinburgh visiting the Crossrail's underground construction site at Farringdon Station in London today: ** gettyimages/zimbio gallery **
He is amazing. And clearly enjoyed himself!
Old 11-05-2015, 12:14 PM
Royal Highness

The Queen visited the Ministry of Defence, Innsworth House, Imjin Barracks, Innsworth, Gloucester. She also attended a lunch at the Officers' Mess, Allied Rapid Reaction Corps Headquarters, Imjin Barracks, Innsworth, Gloucester - November 5, 2015.

Queen Elizabeth II Photos - Queens Visits the Joint Casualty and Compassionate Centre - Zimbio

http://www3.pictures.zimbio.com/gi/Q...yFm9p9T6Tl.jpg

http://www4.pictures.zimbio.com/gi/Q...LoT2FRzLWl.jpg

http://www1.pictures.zimbio.com/gi/Q...ESj-02SN7l.jpg

Queen's tribute to army who locates lost soldiers in military graves | Royal | News | Daily Express
Quote:
THE Queen spoke about her family's painful search for the missing body of her uncle today when she met defence officials who helped trace military graves.

"Well yes, I think some of their work led to the discovery of where my mother's brother fell," the Queen said.
Video:
The Queen was given a glimpse into the Royal Family's military past during two armed forces-related engagements in Gloucestershire. She visited the Defence Business Service, based at Imjin Barracks, and saw its medal room - which featured several military accolades issued by her ancestors. She also spoke with staff at its Joint Casualty and Compassionate Centre (JCCC) - which helps bereaved families deal with the administrative challenges following a death.

Home - ITNSource News
Old 11-05-2015, 03:48 PM
Heir Apparent

Oh my... she looks truly gorgeous!
Old 11-05-2015, 08:55 PM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by AdmirerUS View Post
He is amazing. And clearly enjoyed himself!

He really is. I'm amazed at how active and involved he continues to be.
Old 11-09-2015, 10:54 AM
Imperial Majesty

Royal Central ‏@RoyalCentral 2h2 hours ago
The Queen and Duke of Edinburgh will visit Birmingham next week it has been announced.

GENTLEMAN'S ESSENTIALS
Old 11-09-2015, 11:11 AM
Serene Highness

This is one occasion that I think the color on HM is not flattering. It just does not do justice to her lovely skin and is rather overwhelming, IMO.
Old 11-10-2015, 11:18 AM
Imperial Majesty
Royal Blogger

Benedict Cumberbatch is honoured with CBE from the Queen | Daily Mail Online
Old 11-10-2015, 12:13 PM
Heir Apparent

Off topic, but he looks magnificent and Sophie Hunter is working that veiled fascinator. We learned elsewhere this week how offensive those veils are. An appropriately dignified looking couple for the honor.

Tags
queen elizabeth ii, the duke of edinburgh