The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > British Royals > Queen Elizabeth II and the Duke of Edinburgh

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 01-06-2015, 02:36 PM
Heir Apparent

Hope Robert Hardy is invited to this. Know he's taking part in the national celebration- we shall see! Oh time, hurry up!

Old 01-06-2015, 03:12 PM
Imperial Majesty

Royal Central @RoyalCentral · 1h
The Duke of Edinburgh will open the South Creake Memorial Pavilion in Fakenham on 3 February. This is his first scheduled event for 2015.

GENTLEMAN'S ESSENTIALS
Old 01-08-2015, 10:19 AM
Royal Highness

The Queen awards prize to school student at Sandringham

Quote:
Fergus spoke of his meeting with the Monarch, “She was smiley, very happy and we talked about what I would like to do with my future. I said to her that I would like to be a sound technician one day. She was very relaxed and a very nice person. I almost forgot she was The Queen when we were having a conversation.”

Although Fergus Pateman was at Sandringham to meet The Queen, he also had an encounter with four other pinnacle members of The Queen’s household, the Corgi’s, “I also got to see four Corgi’s in the hallway and The Queen also told me it was minus 3 outside today. It really was a pleasure to meet her.”
Old 01-11-2015, 06:31 PM
Heir Apparent

Church today (and why i bother to scan the DM): The Queen looks elegant in a sky blue coat as she and Prince Philip attend Sunday service at St Mary Magdalene, Sandringham | Daily Mail Online
Old 01-19-2015, 07:08 AM
Royal Highness

Church cancels Queen's visit over loose plaster health and safety fears - Telegraph

The Queen wears a chic all-cream ensemble, with Cossack hat, during Sunday church visit | Daily Mail Online
Old 01-19-2015, 12:31 PM
Heir Apparent

What on earth is on the Queen's head? I have no words! Worst road- kill hat I have ever seen!
Old 01-19-2015, 12:48 PM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by roseroyal View Post
What on earth is on the Queen's head? I have no words! Worst road- kill hat I have ever seen!
Oh, thank goodness! I thought it was her hair!

Abraham Lincoln
Old 01-19-2015, 05:27 PM
Imperial Majesty
Royal Blogger

It!'s a fur hat, it's designed I imagine for warmth. Most woman where them or at least headbands these days. The Queen looks very stylish.
Old 01-19-2015, 06:19 PM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by ladongas View Post
Oh, thank goodness! I thought it was her hair!

Ha ha Haven't seen many of these lately but a Queen can get away with it

Sent from my iPhone using The Royals Community
Old 01-19-2015, 06:27 PM
Courtier

Personally, I like it!
Old 01-19-2015, 06:54 PM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarNoe View Post
Personally, I like it!
I like it, too. It imbues the Queen's face with a radiant glow.

Abraham Lincoln
Old 01-22-2015, 07:20 AM
Nobility

Are the couple likely to be travelling abroad at all this year?
Old 01-22-2015, 07:24 AM
Imperial Majesty

They have a State Visit to Germany in June.

I would also expect them to go to Malta for CHOGM.
Old 01-22-2015, 11:25 PM
Imperial Majesty

In pictures: Dame Penelope Keith entertains the Queen at Women’s Institute meeting in West Newton-
In pictures: Dame Penelope Keith entertains the Queen at Women’s Institute meeting in West Newton - News - Eastern Daily Press

GENTLEMAN'S ESSENTIALS
Old 01-23-2015, 03:13 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dman View Post
In pictures: Dame Penelope Keith entertains the Queen at Women’s Institute meeting in West Newton-
In pictures: Dame Penelope Keith entertains the Queen at Women’s Institute meeting in West Newton - News - Eastern Daily Press
Lovely! Great photos. Queen looked gorgeous, and her smile lights up the room as usual....
Old 01-23-2015, 06:32 PM
Royal Highness

Her Majesty The Queen joins Penelope Keith for Women's Institue meeting | Daily Mail Online
Old 01-23-2015, 11:26 PM
Heir Apparent

Again, lovely photos.
Old 01-26-2015, 12:57 AM
Royal Highness

Prince reveals injury to his ear as he attends church with the Queen for Sunday sermon | Daily Mail Online
Old 01-26-2015, 01:53 AM
Royal Highness

Probably cut himself when he was in shock after hearing prime minister Abbott had made him a Sir in the Australia Day honors I know the whole of Australia was in shock !!!

Sent from my iPhone using The Royals Community
Old 01-26-2015, 02:06 AM
Imperial Majesty

I don't know about the 'whole' of Australia. I had heard this rumour a few weeks ago when I was visiting friends in Canberra, none of whom work for the government. They told me that it was in the works for either Australia Day or the Queen's Birthday this year according to a number of mutual friends they knew in various relevant government departments.

Philip would have known months ago as he would have had to accept the honour. The honourees are notified at least 2 months in advance with about 2 weeks to accept or reject the offer.

Tags
queen elizabeth ii, the duke of edinburgh