The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > British Royals > Queen Elizabeth II and the Duke of Edinburgh

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 09-13-2015, 05:21 PM
Courtier

I am amazed The Fail has not noted H.M wears matching dress and coat just like D.O.C. Crumbs, should not have said that out loud that will be in tomorrows paper...just off to ring them, have to get my fee...

Old 09-15-2015, 05:50 PM
Administrator

The Duke of Edinburgh as Colonel-in-Chief of the Royal Electrical and Mechanical Engineers visited the 2 Close Support Battalion in Leuchars, St Andrews, Fife, today, September 15:

** bbc: Duke in army visit to former RAF base at Leuchars in Fife **

** dailyrecord.co.uk: In pictures: Prince Philip visits army battalion which recently relocated to former RAF base at Leuchars **

Old 09-15-2015, 06:33 PM
Heir Apparent

It's great to Philip still proudly doing his engagements! What a man really! I can't believe he is 94 and out and about! Younger generations: take the leaf out of his book please!
Old 09-16-2015, 11:25 AM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marty91charmed View Post
It's great to Philip still proudly doing his engagements! What a man really! I can't believe he is 94 and out and about! Younger generations: take the leaf out of his book please!
The fact that he is still working may have something to do with how long he has lived. IMO people need to be active as much as they can otherwise they wither away & die.
Old 09-16-2015, 08:14 PM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by BMC View Post
The fact that he is still working may have something to do with how long he has lived. IMO people need to be active as much as they can otherwise they wither away & die.
Exactly. His Highness, and Her Majesty enjoy being active, so it's not a surprise that they're out, and about.

Sent from my iPad using The Royals Community mobile app

I'm not obsessed with royalty...I just think intensely about it.
Old 09-16-2015, 08:40 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by BMC View Post

My grandfather stopped working at the age of 70 and for the remaining 15 years of his life he stated several times that it was the worst choice he ever made. He hated not going to work every day and basically wasted away out of boredom.

Sent from my iPhone using The Royals Community mobile app
Old 09-16-2015, 10:03 PM
Imperial Majesty

My parents both retired in their 50s and were busier than ever after that - didn't know how they ever fitted in their working time.

The important thing is to remain active so if not working in a job work at something else - charity work, join clubs that do things actively etc.

Sitting at home doing nothing is what causes people to stop when they retire rather than retirement itself I believe.
Old 09-17-2015, 01:13 AM
Imperial Majesty

It is important to remain active as one gets older.

GENTLEMAN'S ESSENTIALS
Old 09-28-2015, 08:00 PM
Royal Highness

From the British Monarchy facebook page.

The Queen visited the Royal Scots Dragoon Guards' new barracks at Leuchars Station in Scotland today.

Her Majesty, Colonel-in-Chief of the regiment, met serving soldiers and their families, hearing about the regiment's work and activities.

During the visit, Her Majesty unveiled a plaque naming Leuchars Station 'Waterloo Barracks', and also took the time to feed Talavera, the regimental drum horse.

The Royal Scots Dragoon Guards was formed in July 1971 at Holyrood, Edinburgh; they have gradually relocated from Germany during the spring and summer of 2015. Their new station will be at full manning capacity in the summer of 2016.

https://scontent-ams2-1.xx.fbcdn.net...d0&oe=56922CDA

https://scontent-ams2-1.xx.fbcdn.net...f0&oe=569F0A73

https://scontent-ams2-1.xx.fbcdn.net...9d&oe=566062B5

From The Army in Scotland facebook page.

https://scontent-ams2-1.xx.fbcdn.net...22&oe=5696F05C

https://scontent-ams2-1.xx.fbcdn.net...72&oe=56945E94

https://scontent-ams2-1.xx.fbcdn.net...b3&oe=56604E78

https://scontent-ams2-1.xx.fbcdn.net...69&oe=56996C6E

https://scontent-ams2-1.xx.fbcdn.net...44&oe=56A1AA25
Old 09-28-2015, 08:49 PM
Majesty

Location: On the west side of North up from Back, United States
These two photos of HM have to be the very best I've seen in a while. Of course HM's smile lights up wherever she goes but in these pictures, we see a woman that is definitely very happy with life and all that is around her.

If I didn't know better, I would never guess this woman to be fast approaching 90 years of age. There is just a quality about her that bears the title "forever young" in my book.

Thanks Royal Norway for sharing these pictures.
“When I was 5 years old, my mother always told me that happiness was the key to life. When I went to school, they asked me what I wanted to be when I grew up. I wrote down ‘happy’. They told me I didn’t understand the assignment, and I told them they didn’t understand life.”
― John Lennon
Old 09-28-2015, 10:06 PM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Osipi View Post
These two photos of HM have to be the very best I've seen in a while. Of course HM's smile lights up wherever she goes but in these pictures, we see a woman that is definitely very happy with life and all that is around her.

If I didn't know better, I would never guess this woman to be fast approaching 90 years of age. There is just a quality about her that bears the title "forever young" in my book.

Thanks Royal Norway for sharing these pictures.
Those are my favorite too. She looks so happy, and almost carefree. There's a twinkle in her eyes, and her smile can definitely light up a room, if not an entire block.

Old 09-29-2015, 10:58 AM
Administrator

Here's a nice additional gallery of the visit to the Royal Scots Dragoon Guards:

** pm: Elizabeth, une rose parmi les uniformes **
Old 09-29-2015, 12:34 PM
Heir Apparent

Add me to those who loved the pictures- and thinks that Her Majesty has a smile that lights up the block! I also really liked the first photo Royal Norway posted of Her Majesty smiling at the children.
Old 09-30-2015, 03:33 AM
Administrator

As Patron of the Royal College of Surgeons of Edinburgh the Duke of Edinburgh reopened the Surgeons Hall Museum on September 28:

** Pic **
Old 09-30-2015, 07:43 AM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by roseroyal View Post
Add me to those who loved the pictures- and thinks that Her Majesty has a smile that lights up the block! I also really liked the first photo Royal Norway posted of Her Majesty smiling at the children.
The pictures with the children are precious.

Old 10-07-2015, 11:35 AM
Heir Apparent

The Times has an article today saying that there will be a Spanish State Visit to UK in Spring 2016.

The Palace have not confirmed, so this is speculation which is why I've not started a separate thread.

Not sure if this is the correct thread anyway so please feel free to move it.

This precious stone set in the silver sea,......
This blessed plot, this earth, this realm, this England,
Old 10-07-2015, 12:22 PM
Royal Highness

The Times is more reliable than Ephraim Hardcastle in the fail who claimed that the Queen was going to Spain on a state visit in 2016.
Old 10-07-2015, 12:32 PM
Heir Apparent

The Queen make the a state visit to the Spain? That must be the joke of the day.
Old 10-07-2015, 01:36 PM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by eya View Post
The Queen make the a state visit to the Spain? That must be the joke of the day.
You can read about it here, but the most of what he says is so stupid that it actually becomes funny.

General News & Information for Queen Elizabeth and Duke of Edinburgh - Page 19 - The Royal Forums

And I've now read the article in The Times and I cannot say that I was impressed. Just the stupid headline says all you need to know.

Watch out Kate, it’s the competition | The Times
Quote:
A spokesman for Buckingham Palace said: “Any future state visit would be formally announced in due course in the usual way.”
Old 10-07-2015, 01:48 PM
Heir Apparent

Even the headlines is so stupid ,imagine the article. Waste of time.

Tags
queen elizabeth ii, the duke of edinburgh