The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > British Royals > Queen Elizabeth II and the Duke of Edinburgh

Join The Royal Forums Today
Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
 
  #301  
Old 07-04-2015, 12:46 PM
roseroyal's Avatar
Heir Apparent
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: Rose Bush, United States
Posts: 5,214
Quote:
Originally Posted by ROYAL NORWAY View Post
The Queen, accompanied by the Duke of Edinburgh, visited the University of Strathclyde. She also opened The Queen Elizabeth University Hospital, the Royal Hospital for Children and The Queen Elizabeth Teaching and Learning Centre - July 3, 2015.

She looked great as usual.

https://scontent-ams2-1.xx.fbcdn.net...e0&oe=560F6FA4

https://scontent-ams2-1.xx.fbcdn.net...a9&oe=5612D115

https://scontent-ams2-1.xx.fbcdn.net...27&oe=561A20B5

The Queen meeting patients at the Royal Hospital for Sick Children.

https://scontent-ams2-1.xx.fbcdn.net...70&oe=561FBD3E

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/CI_eLlgWcAA7X4w.jpg
First- The Queen has a smile that lights up the room.
Second- I did not see HM the Queen- I saw a loving Granny. A Granny the kids adored. The kids look like they won the lottery!
__________________

__________________
One of my friends is fundraising for and hoping to adopt at least 2 of the 3 of these special needs orphans. Please give/ help now!
Go to Reece's Rainbow, and donate torwards the adoption of Holland, Starr, and Grace- Ann!
My avatar is my RH- that is the exact RH I have in my heart constantly!
Reply With Quote
  #302  
Old 07-04-2015, 02:02 PM
Iluvbertie's Avatar
Imperial Majesty
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: Bathurst, Australia
Posts: 10,194
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marty91charmed View Post
What a tragedy... I would have been so overwhelmed if I had been there to share that painful minute of silence...
I was at Westminster Bridge at the time and saw no one observe the silence. It simply didn't register with the people I was with. I was surprised when I looked up at Big Ben as the chimes came out and everyone kept on talking and going about their business given the way the media had built up this 'minute's silence'. I expected it to be like 11.00 o'clock on Remembrance Day but no one stopped at all. Elsewhere around Westminster they obviously observed it but I am only talking about the people on or near Westminster Bridge that I could see and hear.
__________________

Reply With Quote
  #303  
Old 07-04-2015, 02:04 PM
Daria_S's Avatar
Majesty
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: My own head, United States
Posts: 8,109
The girl in the first picture looks like she's been visited by a fairy godmother. It's precious. Her Majesty does have a smile that lights up a room, and I've noticed that around children she drops her 'Queen' face, if you will. I remember in 2012, she visited a school around Windsor, and the children were learning about castles. The whole room had something castle-related, including a reading nook. The children were pulling Her Majesty over to it with such pride, and she spent a good part of the visit watching them read in it. The look on her face was the one of a loving and indulgent granny. I wonder if she ever had a chance to visit her own grandkids at school when they were younger. I think she would have loved it.


Sent from my iPad using The Royals Community mobile app
__________________
"My guiding principles in life are to be honest, genuine, thoughtful and caring".
~Prince William~


I'm not obsessed with royalty...I just think intensely about it.
Reply With Quote
  #304  
Old 07-04-2015, 02:53 PM
roseroyal's Avatar
Heir Apparent
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: Rose Bush, United States
Posts: 5,214
Quote:
Originally Posted by Daria_S View Post
The girl in the first picture looks like she's been visited by a fairy godmother. It's precious. Her Majesty does have a smile that lights up a room, and I've noticed that around children she drops her 'Queen' face, if you will. I remember in 2012, she visited a school around Windsor, and the children were learning about castles. The whole room had something castle-related, including a reading nook. The children were pulling Her Majesty over to it with such pride, and she spent a good part of the visit watching them read in it. The look on her face was the one of a loving and indulgent granny. I wonder if she ever had a chance to visit her own grandkids at school when they were younger. I think she would have loved it.


Sent from my iPad using The Royals Community mobile app
Yup. I was mainly talking about the first picture. Indeed precious. Iv'e noticed the same thing. Can you find photos from 2012?
__________________
One of my friends is fundraising for and hoping to adopt at least 2 of the 3 of these special needs orphans. Please give/ help now!
Go to Reece's Rainbow, and donate torwards the adoption of Holland, Starr, and Grace- Ann!
My avatar is my RH- that is the exact RH I have in my heart constantly!
Reply With Quote
  #305  
Old 07-04-2015, 03:27 PM
Daria_S's Avatar
Majesty
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: My own head, United States
Posts: 8,109
Queen Elizabeth and the Duke of Edinburgh Current Events 26: December 2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by roseroyal View Post
Yup. I was mainly talking about the first picture. Indeed precious. Iv'e noticed the same thing. Can you find photos from 2012?
I've looked on Google, but didn't see the pictures, or even the articles that had the pictures. I may be thinking of a different school, but I'm pretty sure it was in 2012.

OK, I think I found what I was talking about. The school wasn't in Windsor, but in King's Lynn. In any case, enjoy the pictures!

http://www.huffingtonpost.co.uk/2012...n_1257572.html


Sent from my iPad using The Royals Community mobile app
__________________
"My guiding principles in life are to be honest, genuine, thoughtful and caring".
~Prince William~


I'm not obsessed with royalty...I just think intensely about it.
Reply With Quote
  #306  
Old 07-04-2015, 04:58 PM
roseroyal's Avatar
Heir Apparent
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: Rose Bush, United States
Posts: 5,214
Quote:
Originally Posted by Daria_S View Post
I've looked on Google, but didn't see the pictures, or even the articles that had the pictures. I may be thinking of a different school, but I'm pretty sure it was in 2012.

OK, I think I found what I was talking about. The school wasn't in Windsor, but in King's Lynn. In any case, enjoy the pictures!

Queen's Diamond Jubilee: Schoolchildren 'Bring A Smile To Her Face'


Sent from my iPad using The Royals Community mobile app
Now I remember! This was so And there again, I don't see a Queen- I see a Granny. Although that child is doing some serious no improper greeting of royalty here folks!
__________________
One of my friends is fundraising for and hoping to adopt at least 2 of the 3 of these special needs orphans. Please give/ help now!
Go to Reece's Rainbow, and donate torwards the adoption of Holland, Starr, and Grace- Ann!
My avatar is my RH- that is the exact RH I have in my heart constantly!
Reply With Quote
  #307  
Old 07-04-2015, 05:26 PM
Daria_S's Avatar
Majesty
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: My own head, United States
Posts: 8,109
Quote:
Originally Posted by roseroyal View Post
Now I remember! This was so And there again, I don't see a Queen- I see a Granny. Although that child is doing some serious no improper greeting of royalty here folks!
I think that little boy stole the show, and I agree completely about your observations of Her Majesty.


Sent from my iPad using The Royals Community mobile app
__________________
"My guiding principles in life are to be honest, genuine, thoughtful and caring".
~Prince William~


I'm not obsessed with royalty...I just think intensely about it.
Reply With Quote
  #308  
Old 07-04-2015, 09:34 PM
ROYAL NORWAY's Avatar
Royal Highness
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Location: somewhere, United Kingdom, Norway
Posts: 1,875
Quote:
Originally Posted by roseroyal View Post
First- The Queen has a smile that lights up the room.
Second- I did not see HM the Queen- I saw a loving Granny. A Granny the kids adored. The kids look like they won the lottery!
I agree.

I miss the days when the Queen still was doing her walkabouts, school and hospital visits. Such events / visits have become very rare, especially for the last three years, because of her age.

The Queen during some of her many walkabouts.

2010
http://www3.pictures.zimbio.com/gi/Q...UOAaWtiBKl.jpg

http://www3.pictures.zimbio.com/gi/Q...hbgkarWzrl.jpg

http://www4.pictures.zimbio.com/gi/Q...TirkoqMghl.jpg

http://www1.pictures.zimbio.com/gi/Q...N9JjY9tvnl.jpg

http://www2.pictures.zimbio.com/gi/Q...ppdkj94yUl.jpg

http://www3.pictures.zimbio.com/gi/Q...FMpHyU51yl.jpg

http://www1.pictures.zimbio.com/gi/Q...bMxwIN6ukl.jpg

http://www3.pictures.zimbio.com/gi/Q...-TfbCy6qkl.jpg

2012
http://www4.pictures.zimbio.com/gi/Q...RO197pq1dl.jpg

http://www3.pictures.zimbio.com/bg/Q...RAdvd8Foll.jpg

http://www2.pictures.zimbio.com/bg/Q...6QLl0uX2Dl.jpg

http://www1.pictures.zimbio.com/bg/Q...08FcboU-Bl.jpg

http://www3.pictures.zimbio.com/gi/Q...0gWJFssdQl.jpg

http://www2.pictures.zimbio.com/gi/Q...dyI0xAMYMl.jpg

http://www4.pictures.zimbio.com/gi/Q...Ylmgi6XNAl.jpg

http://www4.pictures.zimbio.com/gi/Q...JnlDi9bqQl.jpg

http://www3.pictures.zimbio.com/pc/Q...CIOSbyzFvl.jpg

http://www4.pictures.zimbio.com/gi/Q...AL5ZaTPjbl.jpg

The Queen during some of her many school and hospital visits.

2010
http://www2.pictures.zimbio.com/gi/Q...vCy9xN644l.jpg

http://www4.pictures.zimbio.com/bg/Q...BFD18a3val.jpg

http://www4.pictures.zimbio.com/bg/Q...l96uPb2H7l.jpg

http://www2.pictures.zimbio.com/gi/Q..._uzqOE-u5l.jpg

http://www2.pictures.zimbio.com/gi/Q...Rmo9PLVeRl.jpg

http://www3.pictures.zimbio.com/gi/Q...4XH_Ge6YWl.jpg
__________________
The Queen is the most wonderful, forgiving, non judgmental person I know. Sarah Ferguson speaking in 2011.
Reply With Quote
  #309  
Old 07-04-2015, 09:54 PM
Daria_S's Avatar
Majesty
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: My own head, United States
Posts: 8,109
Thank you for the lovely photos. Her Majesty knows how to work a crowd. However, I think she looks the happiest when around children, and animals. Her 'work' face disappears completely during those engagements.


Sent from my iPad using The Royals Community mobile app
__________________
"My guiding principles in life are to be honest, genuine, thoughtful and caring".
~Prince William~


I'm not obsessed with royalty...I just think intensely about it.
Reply With Quote
  #310  
Old 07-05-2015, 04:43 AM
Osipi's Avatar
Majesty
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: On the west side of North up from Back, United States
Posts: 6,643
Quote:
Originally Posted by roseroyal View Post
Yup. I was mainly talking about the first picture. Indeed precious. Iv'e noticed the same thing. Can you find photos from 2012?
I remember these photos too and they most likely were in conjunction with the Diamond Jubilee celebrations. I would imagine they're archived here somewhere on TRF for the Diamond Jubilee threads.
__________________
“When I was 5 years old, my mother always told me that happiness was the key to life. When I went to school, they asked me what I wanted to be when I grew up. I wrote down ‘happy’. They told me I didn’t understand the assignment, and I told them they didn’t understand life.”
― John Lennon
Reply With Quote
  #311  
Old 07-06-2015, 12:08 PM
roseroyal's Avatar
Heir Apparent
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: Rose Bush, United States
Posts: 5,214
Quote:
Originally Posted by ROYAL NORWAY View Post
I agree.

I miss the days when the Queen still was doing her walkabouts, school and hospital visits. Such events / visits have become very rare, especially for the last three years, because of her age.

The Queen during some of her many walkabouts.

2010
http://www3.pictures.zimbio.com/gi/Q...UOAaWtiBKl.jpg

http://www3.pictures.zimbio.com/gi/Q...hbgkarWzrl.jpg

http://www4.pictures.zimbio.com/gi/Q...TirkoqMghl.jpg

http://www1.pictures.zimbio.com/gi/Q...N9JjY9tvnl.jpg

http://www2.pictures.zimbio.com/gi/Q...ppdkj94yUl.jpg

http://www3.pictures.zimbio.com/gi/Q...FMpHyU51yl.jpg

http://www1.pictures.zimbio.com/gi/Q...bMxwIN6ukl.jpg

http://www3.pictures.zimbio.com/gi/Q...-TfbCy6qkl.jpg

2012
http://www4.pictures.zimbio.com/gi/Q...RO197pq1dl.jpg

http://www3.pictures.zimbio.com/bg/Q...RAdvd8Foll.jpg

http://www2.pictures.zimbio.com/bg/Q...6QLl0uX2Dl.jpg

http://www1.pictures.zimbio.com/bg/Q...08FcboU-Bl.jpg

http://www3.pictures.zimbio.com/gi/Q...0gWJFssdQl.jpg

http://www2.pictures.zimbio.com/gi/Q...dyI0xAMYMl.jpg

http://www4.pictures.zimbio.com/gi/Q...Ylmgi6XNAl.jpg

http://www4.pictures.zimbio.com/gi/Q...JnlDi9bqQl.jpg

http://www3.pictures.zimbio.com/pc/Q...CIOSbyzFvl.jpg

http://www4.pictures.zimbio.com/gi/Q...AL5ZaTPjbl.jpg

The Queen during some of her many school and hospital visits.

2010
http://www2.pictures.zimbio.com/gi/Q...vCy9xN644l.jpg

http://www4.pictures.zimbio.com/bg/Q...BFD18a3val.jpg

http://www4.pictures.zimbio.com/bg/Q...l96uPb2H7l.jpg

http://www2.pictures.zimbio.com/gi/Q..._uzqOE-u5l.jpg

http://www2.pictures.zimbio.com/gi/Q...Rmo9PLVeRl.jpg

http://www3.pictures.zimbio.com/gi/Q...4XH_Ge6YWl.jpg
Great photos. First 2 groups- HM with kids. Love it. And I agree- she's great with animals too. And the elderly. In all 3 cases- especially the first 2 her work face comes off.
3rd group- My favorite. All those kids look like they've won the lottery. The first picture is especially precious. In a way, those pictures remind me of someone else I know.
__________________
One of my friends is fundraising for and hoping to adopt at least 2 of the 3 of these special needs orphans. Please give/ help now!
Go to Reece's Rainbow, and donate torwards the adoption of Holland, Starr, and Grace- Ann!
My avatar is my RH- that is the exact RH I have in my heart constantly!
Reply With Quote
  #312  
Old 07-06-2015, 12:42 PM
ROYAL NORWAY's Avatar
Royal Highness
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Location: somewhere, United Kingdom, Norway
Posts: 1,875
The Queen, accompanied by the Duke of Edinburgh, visited the Royal Auxiliary Air Force's (RAuxAF) 603 Squadron, Edinburgh, Scotland - July 4, 2015.

Queen Elizabeth II Photos - Queen Elizabeth II Visits The Royal Auxiliary Air Force in Scotland - Zimbio

The Queen completes Scotland tour with Air Force medal presentation ceremony | Daily Mail Online

http://i.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2015/...6037814225.jpg

http://i.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2015/...6037367912.jpg

http://i.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2015/...6037661367.jpg

http://i.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2015/...6038363300.jpg
__________________
The Queen is the most wonderful, forgiving, non judgmental person I know. Sarah Ferguson speaking in 2011.
Reply With Quote
  #313  
Old 07-06-2015, 12:44 PM
muriel's Avatar
Majesty
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: London / Guildford, United Kingdom
Posts: 6,366
Quote:
Originally Posted by ROYAL NORWAY View Post
I agree.

I miss the days when the Queen still was doing her walkabouts, school and hospital visits. Such events / visits have become very rare, especially for the last three years, because of her age.
I still think she is out and about quite a lot, although it is less than previously.
Reply With Quote
  #314  
Old 07-06-2015, 01:15 PM
ROYAL NORWAY's Avatar
Royal Highness
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Location: somewhere, United Kingdom, Norway
Posts: 1,875
Quote:
Originally Posted by muriel View Post
I still think she is out and about quite a lot, although it is less than previously.
Yes, she is still out and about, but many of her engagements now takes place inside the palaces, and school and hospital visits have become very rare. She hasn't gone on a walkabout since 2012, with the exception of a small one in Germany last month, but at nearly 90, she is very active.
__________________
The Queen is the most wonderful, forgiving, non judgmental person I know. Sarah Ferguson speaking in 2011.
Reply With Quote
  #315  
Old 07-06-2015, 01:25 PM
eya eya is offline
Heir Apparent
 
Join Date: Apr 2015
Location: -, Greece
Posts: 5,446
I agree ROYAL NORWAY . Queen for her age is a lot very active. Other royals very younger from the Queen they are not doing even half.
Reply With Quote
  #316  
Old 07-06-2015, 02:54 PM
Pranter's Avatar
Heir Apparent
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Midwest, United States
Posts: 3,022
The DoE is pretty active too for a guy of his age...but I think it's good for them as long as they can...no point sitting around in a chair waiting to die.


LaRae
Reply With Quote
  #317  
Old 07-08-2015, 08:04 AM
Royal Highness
 
Join Date: Nov 2014
Posts: 1,888
I want to know the name and where I can buy the secret tonic they are both taking. I don't know how they do it always looking interested smiling , chatting they are amazing


Sent from my iPhone using The Royals Community
Reply With Quote
  #318  
Old 07-09-2015, 10:12 AM
iceflower's Avatar
Administrator
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: , Germany
Posts: 32,714
.

Queen Elizabeth and the Duke of Edinburgh reviewed The Queen's Body Guard of the Yeoman of the Guard and afterwards gave a reception at Buckingham Palace today, July 9.



** gettyimages/zimbio gallery: The Queen Reviews The Queen's Body Guard **
__________________
**** Welcome aboard! ****
Reply With Quote
  #319  
Old 07-09-2015, 04:51 PM
Dman's Avatar
Imperial Majesty
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: Midwest, United States
Posts: 11,432
Video:
Her Majesty The Queen has reviewed The Queen’s Body Guard in the garden of Buckingham Palace this morning, accompanied by His Royal Highness The Duke of Edinburgh Prince Philip-

Home - ITNSource News
__________________
"THE REAL POWER OF A MAN IS IN THE SIZE OF THE SMILE OF THE WOMAN SITTING NEXT TO HIM."

GENTLEMAN'S ESSENTIALS
Reply With Quote
  #320  
Old 07-15-2015, 11:09 AM
Dman's Avatar
Imperial Majesty
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: Midwest, United States
Posts: 11,432
Video:
The Queen has met with the first female President of Kosovo Atifete Jahjaga at Buckingham Palace this morning-

Home - ITNSource News
__________________

__________________
"THE REAL POWER OF A MAN IS IN THE SIZE OF THE SMILE OF THE WOMAN SITTING NEXT TO HIM."

GENTLEMAN'S ESSENTIALS
Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
queen elizabeth ii, the duke of edinburgh


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Queen Elizabeth and the Duke of Edinburgh Current Events 25: April 2013-December 2014 Zonk Current Events Archive 1090 12-11-2014 01:13 AM
Queen Elizabeth and the Duke of Edinburgh Current Events 1: December 2002-April 2004 Mary Anne Current Events Archive 230 04-27-2004 12:10 PM




Popular Tags
ascot 2016 best gown best gown september 2016 best hat best outfit birthday birthday wishes catherine middleton style coup d'etat crown prince haakon crown princess mary crown princess mary fashion crown princess mette-marit current events duchess of cambridge e-mail fashion poll grand duke jean greece kate middleton king abdullah ii king felipe king felipe vi king willem-alexander member introduction monarchy new zealand nobel gala norway november 2016 october 2016 opening of parliament picture of the week president nieto; state visit prince alexander of sweden prince bernhard prince charles prince joachim princess madeleine princess marie princess mary princess mary daytime fashion princess mary fashion princess mary hats queen letizia queen letizia casual outfits queen letizia daytime fashion queen letizia fashion queen letizia style queen mathilde queen mathildes outfits queen maxima queen maxima casual wear queen maxima daytime fashion queen maxima fashion queen maxima hats queen maxima style queen rania royal fashion september 2016 sonja state visit state visit to denmark succession sweden the duchess of cambridge the duchess of cambridge casual wear the duchess of cambridge daytime fashion the duchess of cambridge fashion the duchess of cambridge hats


Our Communities

Our communities encompass many different hobbies and interests, but each one is built on friendly, intelligent membership.

» More about our Communities

Automotive Communities

Our Automotive communities encompass many different makes and models. From U.S. domestics to European Saloons.

» More about our Automotive Communities

Marine Communities

Our Marine websites focus on Cruising and Sailing Vessels, including forums and the largest cruising Wiki project on the web today.

» More about our Marine Communities


Copyright 2002- Social Knowledge, LLC All Rights Reserved.

All times are GMT -4. The time now is 09:45 AM.

Social Knowledge Networks

eXTReMe Tracker
Powered by vBulletin
Copyright ©2000 - 2016
Jelsoft Enterprises