The Queen with the first group of #QueensYoungLeaders
https://twitter.com/BritishMonarchy/...42755665793024

A.W. TOZER
Old 06-22-2015, 05:20 PM
Heir Apparent
Royal Blogger

Quote:
He is considered football royalty.
But David Beckham was in the presence of a true regal figure when he attended a formal reception at Buckingham Palace on Monday, hosted by none other than Her Royal Highness.
The handsome sportsman was a special guest at HRH The Queen's Young Leaders Event, which celebrates the UK's emerging business talent.
David Beckham attends the Queen's Young Leaders reception at Buckingham Palace | Daily Mail Online

"Think of all the beauty still left around you and be happy". Anne Frank
Old 06-22-2015, 06:21 PM
Heir Presumptive

The Queen hosted a reception at Buckingham Palace to celebrate her Young Leaders programme and present awards to the first successful winners of the Commonwealth project - June 22, 2015.

The Queen hosts reception to winners of Young Leaders programme at Buckingham Palace | Daily Mail Online

Queen Elizabeth II Photos - The Queen Hosts Reception to Present The Queen's Young Leaders Awards - Zimbio

http://www2.pictures.zimbio.com/gi/Q...WgUx7wGqvl.jpg

http://www1.pictures.zimbio.com/gi/Q...46cxfwRlkl.jpg

http://www3.pictures.zimbio.com/gi/Q...LjW2b93wTl.jpg

http://www4.pictures.zimbio.com/gi/Q...MhFtgXz5ml.jpg

http://www2.pictures.zimbio.com/gi/Q..._gPh8ZNSEl.jpg

http://www2.pictures.zimbio.com/gi/Q...nheMAqJ6fl.jpg
Old 06-22-2015, 09:34 PM
Heir Apparent

Even though Beatrice turned up to this first reception it's a pity that neither William or Harry were there to support their grandmother. Both have been appointed ambassadors to the Commonwealth-based programme and have made announcements and speeches about it. Neither could be bothered to turn up for an hour or so, however. It's pretty poor, IMO.
Old 06-22-2015, 11:44 PM
Heir Presumptive

I'm sure it wasn't that they couldn't be bothered the firm of BRF know who should go to these things and who doesn't
Old 06-22-2015, 11:50 PM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Curryong View Post
Even though Beatrice turned up to this first reception it's a pity that neither William or Harry were there to support their grandmother. Both have been appointed ambassadors to the Commonwealth-based programme and have made announcements and speeches about it. Neither could be bothered to turn up for an hour or so, however. It's pretty poor, IMO.
Wow...Pretty judgmental. William has a job in Norfolk and Harry hasn't checked in yet and explained himself. If HM had wanted one of them there, it would have been scheduled accordingly and they would have been there. And my opinion is that HM allowed Beatrice to be there to give her some experience and exposure not that HM needed her there.
Old 06-22-2015, 11:52 PM
Heir Apparent

They were both appointed ambassadors to it though, and made speeches promoting it. They are both associated with this programme. Bea isn't. If Harry is out of the country, then William should have turned up.

It's not being judgemental. As an Australian the Commonwealth is important to me, and I know it certainly is to the Queen. How do we know Bea wasn't being supportive to her grandmother?
Old 06-23-2015, 12:12 AM
Heir Presumptive

And if Will did go I'm sure there would be some who wouldn't like him out shining Beatrice
Old 06-23-2015, 12:16 AM
Heir Apparent

I don't think so. I don't think it's that type of event. It is very important IMO for the younger royals to show an interest in Commonwealth programmes like this one.
Old 06-30-2015, 06:01 PM
Heir Presumptive

The Queen, accompanied by the Duke of Edinburgh, arrived at the Palace of Holyroodhouse, Edinburgh, at the start of her annual week of Scottish engagements. Her Majesty was presented with the Keys of the City which she returned in the traditional Ceremony of the Keys - June 30, 2015.

Queen takes part in ceremony receiving her into Edinburgh for Holyrood | Daily Mail Online
Old 07-01-2015, 05:05 PM
Heir Presumptive

The Queen received the First Minister of Scotland, Nicola Sturgeon, for an audience at the Palace of Holyroodhouse - July 1, 2015.

Britain's most powerful woman Nicola Sturgeon meets the Queen | Daily Mail Online

http://i.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2015/...5759590739.jpg
Old 07-02-2015, 05:26 AM
Serene Highness

In regards to the Young Leaders programme, we need to have an understanding of how the Firm works. The Lord Chamberlain would have had meetings with dept heads of William, Harry etc etc, probably up to six months prior. They discuss who is going to be available and possibly HM asked for Beatrice to be present, especially as Prince Andrew has been pushing for more duties for his daughters. Just because we don't see William, Kate, Harry or the others out and about, doesn't mean they aren't working for The Firm behind the scenes.
Old 07-02-2015, 02:17 PM
Imperial Majesty

The Queen and the Duke of Edinburgh will join people across the UK in a minute's silence as a tribute to the victims of last week's Tunisia attack-
Queen to join minute's silence for victims of Tunisia attack - ITV News

A.W. TOZER
Old 07-02-2015, 04:47 PM
Administrator

Queen Elizabeth as Patron visited the Scottish Veterans' Garden City Association's new housing development for disabled veterans at Salvesen Gardens, Edinburgh, today, July 2nd:

** startraksphoto.com gallery ** fifetoday.co.uk: Queen in veterans' project visit **
Old 07-02-2015, 04:51 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by iceflower View Post

Queen Elizabeth as Patron visited the Scottish Veterans' Garden City Association's new housing development for disabled veterans at Salvesen Gardens, Edinburgh, today, July 2nd:

** fifetoday.co.uk: Queen in veterans' project visit **
That picture is Awww...
Old 07-02-2015, 11:05 PM
Imperial Majesty

Video:
Her Majesty The Queen, Patron, has visited the Scottish Veterans' Garden City Association's new housing development for disabled veterans at Salvesen Gardens, Edinburgh. Her Majesty met representatives of the SVGCA and veterans from Salvesen Gardens, Edinburgh as well as veterans from Inverness and Angus. Her Majesty also unveiled a commemorative stone and planted a tree-

Home - ITNSource News

A.W. TOZER
Old 07-03-2015, 07:53 AM
Heir Presumptive

A nation united in grief: The Queen and family who lost three loved ones join minute's silence for 30 UK victims of Tunisian massacre.
The Queen and David Cameron lead Tunisian massacre minute's silence for British victims | Daily Mail Online

Tunisia attack: Minute's silence held for victims - BBC News

http://ichef.bbci.co.uk/news/624/cps...queenagain.jpg

Queen observes minute's silence for Tunisia victims - ITV News

Live Updates: Tunisia Attack Victims Remembered

http://media.skynews.com/media/image...1-1600x900.jpg

Videos
Britain honours Tunisia victims with minute's silence - ITV News

The Queen leads minute's silence for Tunisia victims | Daily Mail Online
Old 07-03-2015, 08:32 AM
Majesty

What a tragedy... I would have been so overwhelmed if I had been there to share that painful minute of silence...
Old 07-04-2015, 04:08 AM
Heir Presumptive

The Queen, accompanied by the Duke of Edinburgh, visited the University of Strathclyde. She also opened The Queen Elizabeth University Hospital, the Royal Hospital for Children and The Queen Elizabeth Teaching and Learning Centre - July 3, 2015.

She looked great as usual.

https://scontent-ams2-1.xx.fbcdn.net...e0&oe=560F6FA4

https://scontent-ams2-1.xx.fbcdn.net...a9&oe=5612D115

https://scontent-ams2-1.xx.fbcdn.net...27&oe=561A20B5

The Queen meeting patients at the Royal Hospital for Sick Children.

https://scontent-ams2-1.xx.fbcdn.net...70&oe=561FBD3E

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/CI_eLlgWcAA7X4w.jpg
Old 07-04-2015, 11:01 AM
Imperial Majesty

The Queen came face to face with a retired RAF pilot she ticked off for smoking 72 years ago during a visit to Edinburgh today-
Queen meets retired RAF pilot she ticked off for smoking 70 years ago - ITV News

A.W. TOZER

Tags
queen elizabeth ii, the duke of edinburgh