Queen Elizabeth and the Duke of Edinburgh Current Events 26: December 2014 - May 2018

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
And very lovely and welcoming she looks! This isn't a criticism but I do wonder why the handbag is ever-present, even when the Queen is at 'home' at BP. Hankie, glasses, cough drops inside, perhaps?

I believe the handbag is used to convey messages to the servants - depending on its positioning it means different things, including "this person is boring, please provide an escape."

Plus it'll carry the hanky, lipstick, glasses, etc. She doesn't typically have pockets, and even at "home" she's not going to leave her lipstick in the bathroom closest to wherever her engagement is - or leave her engagement to go back to her private quarters so she can use her personal bathroom to touch up her lipstick.

The handbag was in the christening photos for both George and Charlotte. She doesn't leave the handbag for no one.?

Sent from my iPhone using The Royals Community

Video:
The Queen, accompanied by The Duke of Edinburgh, opened a new School of Veterinary Medicine at the University of Surrey, on Thursday. Her Majesty and His Royal Highness visited the Large Animals Clinical Skills Building and viewed animals in the equine examination area, stables and livestock pens. The Queen and The Duke met Veterinary Medicine academics and students, who demonstrated the use of the teaching space and animal handling-

Home - ITNSource News

. Queen Elizabeth together with the Duke of Edinburgh opened the School of Veterinary Medicine at the University of Surrey in Guildford today, October 15: ** gettyimages gallery **

I really do love the smiles that horse people (or dog people, cat people, etc. people) share between one another. They share happy secrets that the rest of us don't know. :flowers:

Queen Elizabeth together with the Duke of Edinburgh opened the School of Veterinary Medicine at the University of Surrey in Guildford today, October 15:

** gettyimages gallery **

I really do love the smiles that horse people (or dog people, cat people, etc. people) share between one another. They share happy secrets that the rest of us don't know. :flowers:

First- Wow! You couldn't miss HM in that! :lol: Love it- she rocks it- I just need sun shades- :lol::seestars: :sun:
Next- I always love these engagements. HM in heaven- I get my ACGAS / RH vibe... This was no exception! :D;) Only thing better would be to have RH there.
@ Admirer US- I know exactly what you mean. I've seen it often on the faces of HM, Donald Sinclair( Siegfried Farnon) , and Robert Hardy, and it's a blessing every time it occurs! :D

The Duke of Edinburgh is attending the RWC semi-final between New Zealand and South Africa this afternoon at Twickenham

:previous: Good. I'm glad one of them turned up to the final involving two Commonwealth countries, one of which still has HM as its Head of State. (And congratulations to New Zealand!)

I am hoping a member of the RF will turn up to watch Australia play Argentina, and support us, but I'm not holding my breath.

On Channel4 Sat 31/10 at 20:00 "How to be Queen - 63 yrs and counting"

Assessment of how HMQ has retained her place in country's affections. "Royal watchers" contribute and the format is apparently the top 10 reasons she is held in high esteem compared to other members of the BRF. So this might just be an excuse to do a hatchet job on everyone else.

If this is the wrong thread then could mods please move. Thanks.

Queen Elizabeth II meets the Prime Minister of New Zealand John Key at Windsor Castle .

Getty Images

Queen Elizabeth Ii Pictures | Getty Images

Belga
Belga Image - Editorial

I like that the Queen holds some of her audiences in her private rooms. This is the same room where she held an audience with Willem-Alexander and Máxima of the Netherlands. And unlike most of her colleagues in Europe and elsewhere when it comes to the interior, she is not snobbish, but humble and simple.

Queen Elizabeth II Photos - Weekly Bucket - Oct 26 - Nov 1 - Zimbio

http://www3.pictures.zimbio.com/gi/Queen+Elizabeth+II+Weekly+Bucket+Oct+26+Nov+NYV0pEvupptl.jpg

http://www4.pictures.zimbio.com/gi/Queen+Elizabeth+II+Weekly+Bucket+Oct+26+Nov+wLd7nvvNTJ8l.jpg

I like seeing the Queen sitting in the couch listening to John Key, while one of her dogs lying on the floor, and I like this room too.

http://www4.pictures.zimbio.com/gi/Queen+Elizabeth+II+Weekly+Bucket+Oct+26+Nov+VkbOwMw-0RJl.jpg

Last edited:
Very cool- one of the pictures on the table behind the Queen appears to be Zara Phillips on Toytown.

HM certainly looks lovely in that red dress, one of her prettiest looks. I sometime do not like the flowered dresses that look like they are all made alike.

As John Key is a monarchist and they have met several times before I'm sure the Queen feels very comfortable chatting to him.

As John Key is a monarchist and they have met several times before I'm sure the Queen feels very comfortable chatting to him.

In all fairness, the Queen of New Zealand always seems to enjoy her chances to have talks with Prime Ministers from her other realms.

I really like the room they're in. It seems like a nice comfortable setting for sitting with the family and catching up.

I agree, but the Queen is known to get all people (whether it's monarchists or republicans) that she has private conversations with to feel comfortable, and from what I've heard/seen she seems to be very comfortable with them too. I think even when she meets Jeremy Corbyn, as some so-called royal experts also have said.

^ I'm sure she does, but the Commonwealth and her realms are very important to the Queen and it's always a bit nicer chatting to someone whom you feel isn't going to go home and happily plan the next referendum to remove you and your successors!

^ I'm sure she does, but the Commonwealth and her realms are very important to the Queen and it's always a bit nicer chatting to someone whom you feel isn't going to go home and happily plan the next referendum to remove you and your successors!

Yes, of course it is!

Ninety-four years young and out and about. I am no fan of Prince Philip, but he has been a great support to the Queen.

Video:
Prince Philip was given a tour of the progress being made for the Crossrail station at Farringdon this morning. Farringdon station is undergoing a major redevelopment to increase capacity, improve accessibility and upgrade interchanges as part of the building of Crossrail. The Duke of Edinburgh chatted with staff and asked how much longer the development would take, and took the time to chat to the only female civil engineer working on the project.

Home - ITNSource News

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom