Queen Elizabeth & Prince Philip: State Visit to Slovenia & Slovakia - Oct 21-24, 2008

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Warren

Administrator in Memoriam
City
Sydney
Country
Australia
Queen Elizabeth & Prince Philip: State Visit to Slovenia & Slovakia - Oct 21-24, 2008

State Visit to Slovenia and Slovakia

21-24 October 2008

The Queen and the Duke of Edinburgh will make a state visit to Slovenia (October 21-22) at the invitation of the president of Slovenia, Dr Danilo Turk, and to Slovakia (October 23- 24) at the invitation of the president of Slovakia, Mr Ivan Gasparovic," a statement from Buckingham Palace said.

Queen to make state visit to Slovenia, Slovakia - Yahoo! News UK

Pics from Getty
The Queen And The Duke of Edinburgh Arrive in Slovenia, 21 Oct 2008.

Image Results

Thank you for the link to the pics. Love the color of HM's coat & dress, but the style of it, plus the hat makes her look like she is channeling Queen Mary! I can't wait until tonight and the state banquet. I'm betting on the GofGB tiara.

I just saw their agenda...quite a program over the next few days for the couple. I think I would collapse by the end of the first day and I'm half of their age.

Doesn't the Queen look terrific? Love the arrival outfit even though that style of hat - a toque - is very difficult to wear - the Queen pulls it off.
The ruby tiara is magnificent - her snow white hair really sets off those diamonds and rubies.

The Duke of Edinborough has really aged, but he still seems to have lots of energy.

Doesn't the Queen look terrific? Love the arrival outfit even though that style of hat - a toque - is very difficult to wear - the Queen pulls it off.
The ruby tiara is magnificent - her snow white hair really sets off those diamonds and rubies.
agree pamk; the queen looks terrific:wub:
but this dress is new one?? i didn't see it before !

The blue outfit today is so Queen Mary it's unreal but perfect for HM. I adore the ruby tiara so its nice to see it get an outing and I demand to own the gown with the white fur trim. Majestic. The Duke does look old but he is old and long trips like this one are bound to put the pressure on both of them so I'm not suprised by their appearance, I'm more inspired that they've still got the drive and the patience to do these trips.

The blue outfit today is so Queen Mary it's unreal but perfect for HM. I adore the ruby tiara so its nice to see it get an outing and I demand to own the gown with the white fur trim. Majestic. The Duke does look old but he is old and long trips like this one are bound to put the pressure on both of them so I'm not suprised by their appearance, I'm more inspired that they've still got the drive and the patience to do these trips.
You can have the frock dear, the rubies are mine! :D

HM looks very nice in the arrival outfit, but for a moment I thought the lines on the dress were the handrails!:ohmy::ROFLMAO:
-----------------------------------
The Queen has used 'credit crunch couture' to cut the cost of her trip to Slovenia and Slovakia by making and recycling old items of clothing, rather than investing in a new wardrobe.

Queen chooses 'Credit Crunch Couture' for latest tour - Telegraph

It's sad to see how stooped HM has become. The picture of her coming into the banquet really accentuated the problem. I wonder whether she might have osteoporosis?:eek:

The Duke of Edinborough has really aged, but he still seems to have lots of energy.

Hmm, I have a feeling it may have more to do with the fact HM is top heavy. Certainly with age gravity pulls and HM's bust is sure to weigh her down a little.

I don't recollect seeing the queen in her arrival outfit before, love the hat with brooch and is that little trim 'black bear fur'?' So nice to see a change of tiara, very beautiful jewellery, and is the silver fur trim on the dress especially to enrage Pink.

Last edited:
I have to say that over the last few years I have thought the Queen has a strong family resemblance to Queen Mary. The toque she wore is very Queen Mary in style and the style of outfits she wears these days have quite a 1920's / 1930's look about them. It's interesting that the Queen now has an "in-house" design team at Buckingham Palace who design and make her clothes alot of the time. I guess they have access to alot of archive photos and base some of their designs and patterns worn by generations past. I certainly think the Queen's taste in fashion has developed a great deal over the years and I'm sure she's being more brave with colour schemes and designs!

I love them! They might be relicts from the past but still mean so much. The president yesterday said that HM is a global icon, very true. For a woman of her age she has the most lovely smile and I don't think the Duke looked particulary fragile - yes he looks old, he is old, very old, most people of his age are either dead or live in care homes, but still sports such a stamina and energy.

Let's enjoy these occasions as there might not many be left. I know life goes on and the world keeps on turning after they have gone but it will be an enormous loss for the image of the British monarchy - these two have defined it on the world stage for over 60 years.

Let's enjoy these occasions as there might not many be left. I know life goes on and the world keeps on turning after they have gone but it will be an enormous loss for the image of the British monarchy - these two have defined it on the world stage for over 60 years.
If Her Majesty follows in the footsteps of her mother, we still have some 20 years to enjoy. I truly hope so.

... I know life goes on and the world keeps on turning ...
Ah, but threre are some reassuring constants...the media is still trotting out the "turns off all the lights" line some 30 (or is it 40?) years after it was first mentioned.
I wouldn't be surprised if it turned up yet again in her obituary. :D

The Queen not amused in a very funny pic here. (Daily Mail)
I wonder what cave Mr. Jeremy Hibbin was educated in. It is not amusing, but utterly ill-bred to make funny faces in the presence of Her Majesty.
Her Majesty looked magnificent "wearing a silver gown made from material given to her as a present more than 20 years ago". It is great to see her performing official engagements.

The Queen and the Duke are still doing in their old ages a 3-day State Visit..
They are brave !

More Pics from Day 2 in Slovenia
The Duke of Edinburgh visit the Lipica Stud Farm;
HM Queen Elizabeth II accompanied by HRH The Duke of Edinburgh attend an awards ceremony for the Duke of Edinburgh Awards. The event was held at the Philharmonic Hall in Ljubljana.

http://www.iblbildarkiv.net/fotoweb/Grid.fwx?archiveid=5018&search=(IPTC025%20contains%20(GAS2046996))&position=1

Pics from Getty
The Queen and Duke of Edinburgh's Tour of Slovakia, Day 1, 23 Oct 2008.
http://legacyeditorial.gettyimages....|0|0|83393228|0|0|0|0|0|||0|0|0|0|0&p=7&tag=2

Gorgeous red on the Queen there. The hat's a stunner too, a much better arrival outfit that the one for Slovenia (though I loved that one it's more a Scotland job).

She got given an amazing stud in Lipica! I bet she was pleased by that gorgeous horse.

Did she change on the plane? I don't think she left Slovenia in that red. And I agree, red is much better than the blue dress she wore in Slovenia.

The horse was amazing, it's a shame it's not coming back to England.

By the way, welcome to the forums!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom