Queen Elizabeth & Prince Philip: State Visit to Slovenia & Slovakia - Oct 21-24, 2008

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes, I understand what you mean, Al-Bina. No doubt this comment will go down in popular history, whereas some of the more important things accomplished on the Slovenia trip will be forgotten. :rolleyes:

It does not really matter what Prince Philip has meant, the "national prostitution" tends to sound both awkward and embarrassing.

I agree....good for prince Philip,i think the queen is a lucky women to have this terrific person as a husband !
He's a great character, I like him:wub:god bless you :angel:
Yes, he does speak a lot of sense and I also agree with him. Even by those that consider it a gaff, it is worth bearing in mind the many gaffs probably made by visiting dignitaries that remain unrepeated or unreported. Perhaps the focus should be on the person who chose to make a private conversation with the Prince, her 5 minutes of fame! :whistling:

Words can have different connotations in different countries, as evidenced on here. :flowers:

The Duke stands for substance and authenticity for many decades now and people respect him for that - whether they like his gaffes or not is a different question but it's part of his personality.

His achievements as a consort are on the highest level and when I look at some of his peers and or at some of those who are currently in training to become a monarch's consort in the future I fear that it will be impossible to get anywhere near the importance or the impact of what he has achieved so far.

----snipped---His achievements as a consort are on the highest level and when I look at some of his peers and or at some of those who are currently in training to become a monarch's consort in the future I fear that it will be impossible to get anywhere near the importance or the impact of what he has achieved so far.
I can only bring to mind his early service during the war and the awards scheme, what else has he done, apart from being husband to HM?:ermm:

I can only bring to mind his early service during the war and the awards scheme, what else has he done, apart from being husband to HM?:ermm:

Apart from that, there are over 800 patronages and a keen interest in various subjects from industry to nature (here most notably a long-term presidency of the WWF) and an iron understanding of duty that still drives him at the age of 87, performing more duties than some royals in their prime of their lifes. I doubt any other consort or future consort can keep up with what the Duke has achieved or done in the last decades.

Then, not to forget, he has not only survived but managed to "wear the trousers" in a family of dominating women and despite a predetermined - for some depressing - path of life as Mr Windsor, husband of ;)

:previous:
Thanks for that, best to omit the WWF, considering his hunting reputation!:whistling: As I said, I couldn't bring to mind very many but the Monarchy website and Wiki showed quite a few, many I had no idea he was connected to. It was more his impact on anything I was having trouble with.

Don't misunderstand, I think he is absolutely marvelous, both as a consort and as a person, (apart from the hunting).:flowers:

:previous: :welcome:
Welcome. Thank you for posting those lovely pictures, you must have been very close.:flowers:

:previous: :welcome:
Welcome. Thank you for posting those lovely pictures, you must have been very close.:flowers:

Thank you! Yeah, I was pretty close to her. And I missed my school lessons; I said I had a meeting with The Queen - and the teacher was like what? And then I showed her the picture and she was really jealous :lol:.

I have heard from a couple of friends (who now cannot locate where they saw it) that they saw a picture of HM on this latest tour, wearing a "Pale green outfit with a toque (stove pipe) hat" It may or may not have had a fur collar. I watched & searched very carefully all around the tour, but cannot find anything.

I'd be very grateful if anyone can locate the photo they are talking about....?

Could they have meant the arrival outfit? The blue one? I don't remember a pale green.:flowers:

I have heard from a couple of friends (who now cannot locate where they saw it) that they saw a picture of HM on this latest tour, wearing a "Pale green outfit with a toque (stove pipe) hat" It may or may not have had a fur collar. I watched & searched very carefully all around the tour, but cannot find anything.

I'd be very grateful if anyone can locate the photo they are talking about....?

It's exciting to see the Queen in person? Were you, like most people, surprised by how small she is?

Hello everybody!

I am new here and I would just like to say that I saw Her Majesty last week when she was here, in Slovenia. I have one picture of her, I took it, when she was leaving hotel Union in Ljubljana. They were on their way to the airport Brnik.

http://shrani.si/f/37/eY/3LX63s8h/1/dsc01422.jpg
http://shrani.si/f/E/8V/26a44m8q/dsc01415.jpg

I was very happy when I saw her and her husbant. I respect them very much.

Could they have meant the arrival outfit? The blue one? I don't remember a pale green.:flowers:

No - both were adamant it was (pale or even mint) green and not the same one as the bright turquoise.....

It's exciting to see the Queen in person? Were you, like most people, surprised by how small she is?

Well, she may be petite but when you think about all the things that One has done, you realise the grandness of Her Majesty. :)

Oh yes, definitely. I feel pessimistic about a future king or queen having the same kind of reign that Her Majesty has had. She's managed to keep her privacy and her dignity intact and fulfill her constitutional role with discretion.:flowers:

Well, she may be petite but when you think about all the things that One has done, you realise the grandness of Her Majesty. :)

I have heard from a couple of friends (who now cannot locate where they saw it) that they saw a picture of HM on this latest tour, wearing a "Pale green outfit with a toque (stove pipe) hat" It may or may not have had a fur collar.

Could it be the outfit pictured in the "Glam Granny" article posted by Skydragon at post No. 47. It isn't green, but could be taken for mint green.

Crowning glory: How the Queen transformed into a glam granny for her latest royal tour | Mail Online

I call it HM's Queen Mary outfit, since that style of hat was so often worn by Queen Mary.

It's sad to see how stooped HM has become. The picture of her coming into the banquet really accentuated the problem. I wonder whether she might have osteoporosis?:eek:

Both HM and HRH are in very advanced age, and I think they have every right to show their age. This is why it is so important for other members of the family to step up and take on more duties traditionally performed by HM. However, I still love to see the Queen and the Duke of Edinburgh out-and-about. Nobody can do it quite like the sovereign couple.

I love some of the outfits Her Majesty chose to recycle for this trip. Especially the silver-ish one with the brownish fur trim--which makes me wonder--is any of that fur "faux," or does she always wear the real thing? I would hope that she would at least be open to wearing some faux fur, as there seem to be so many pelts in her wardrobe.

Queen Elizabeth is more like Queen Mother and she is 82!!! Wow wow beautiful dress and elegant big hat!!! She have many black bag and golden bag!!! Tonight dress is much beautiful his older!!! Prince Philip is 87 and high age visit at three days!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom