Queen Elizabeth and Duke of Edinburgh Current Events 27: June 2018 - April 2021

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
OK. Maybe I'm a bit surprised at the reaction to the "strong words" issued by HM in regards to people getting the vaccine. Reading those words, I never realized that she never has come out and voiced that people should think of other people first as this is what I see HM, The Queen setting the example of doing every day of her life in service to the people. She expressed herself. Maybe she's never supposed to do that at all?

So, in other words, I wasn't shocked at all. I took it as just saying what she feels. No stronger than vowing that whether her life be short or long, it'd be spent in service to the people.

TBH I feel the media are making a bigger thing of it than needs be - it is pretty clear that the more people who get the vaccine the better. But I can't think of a time when in public she has stated such a strong opinion - of course we all know she has opinions of her own but she does seem to have made it her mission in life to never say them out loud in public. The last such strong opinion I can think of is when she said the Chinese delegation during a state visit had been "very rude". I think, and this is just my opinion, that it seems so unusual for HM because it is quite a personal, somewhat emotional statement. If she had said "everyone who can, should make sure they get the vaccine" it wouldn't have garnered as much comment I bet.

As it wasn't a political opinion or one that "takes sides" between groups of people in the UK, I hope everyone listened to her and decides to be vaccinated. She spoke words of wisdom IMO. ?

The Prince of Wales did something similar by urging people to get the vaccine.

Alot of minorities groups in the UK- and here in the US are reluctant to get the vaccine. However, what has not been talked about or addressed is the historical abuse, distrust, and fear minority groups have over vaccine programs and public health programs.

Even Julia Hartley-Brewer (Republican and anti-lockdown) has retweeted The Queen's conference meeting with health official on the Royal Family account.
https://twitter.com/JuliaHB1

I think it's the anti-vaxxers and COVID-19 deniers (people like Piers Corbyn, whose twitter account is suspended) who are angry and making lots of noises on social media. These are the people who believed that "COVID is a hoax" and has previously refused to take vaccines. I'm not talking about those people who are worried about the new COVID-19 vaccine or lockdown/mask sceptics (e.g. Toby Young, Peter Hitchens, Laurence Fox).

Laurence Fox actually tweeted God Save The Queen:
Michael Fabricant (Conservative MP for Lichfield) has also tweeted in support of The Queen
Michael Fabricant [Flag of United Kingdom] @Mike_Fabricant
And she’s 100% right.
That also goes for a few MPs I know.
9:02 AM · Feb 26, 2021·Twitter for iPad​

Last edited:
Last week, The Queen held a virtual meeting with His Excellency the Hon. Hieu Van Le (Governor of South Australia) and Steven Marshall (Premier of South Australia). The Queen was briefed on South Australia's COVID response and vaccination rollout. She also unveiled a new statue of herself on Government House in Adelaide by sculptor Robert Hannaford AM.
The Royal Family @RoyalFamily
[Flag of Australia] The Queen held a meeting last week with the Governor of South Australia, His Excellency the Hon. Hieu Van Le and
@marshall_steven, the Premier of South Australia.
[Movie camera] HM was briefed on the region’s Covid-19 response and the rollout of the vaccination to frontline workers.
6:58 AM · Mar 2, 2021·Twitter Media Studio

Replying to @RoyalFamily
The Queen also unveiled a new statue of Her Majesty by sculptor Robert Hannaford AM which was recently installed in the grounds of Government House in Adelaide.
[Camera with flash] Her Majesty was interested to hear that the statue has become a popular spot for photographs!
7:00 AM · Mar 2, 2021·Twitter for iPhone

Replying to @RoyalFamily
#DidYouKnow The Queen has visited Australia 16 times over her reign?
[Camera with flash] The new statue is situated outside the Morning Room at Government House, Adelaide.
Her Majesty has previously hosted Audiences in the Morning Room as part of official visits to the country.
7:02 AM · Mar 2, 2021·Twitter for iPhone

Replying to @RoyalFamily
The Queen was presented with a scale model of the statue - a ‘maquette’ - at the end of the meeting, which will be sent from South Australia to Her Majesty as a memento.
See more from the conversation here: https://bit.ly/3b74G2V
7:06 AM · Mar 2, 2021·Twitter for iPhone​

I like the statue. About as far as you could get from the great imperial statues of Queen Victoria. Friendly, smiling & holding a handbag.:D

Reading up on HE The Governor, he had quite a dramatic escape & passage to Australia. He seemed a little star struck bless him.?

And in the land of the driest humour on earth HM can hold her own!

I like the statue. About as far as you could get from the great imperial statues of Queen Victoria. Friendly, smiling & holding a handbag.:D

Reading up on HE The Governor, he had quite a dramatic escape & passage to Australia. He seemed a little star struck bless him.?

And in the land of the driest humour on earth HM can hold her own!

So do I ! Even though it’s made of metal, it conveys HM’s warmth and charm.

Her Majesty of The Queen had a phone-call with The Chancellor of the Exchequer on Tuesday 2nd March ahead of the 2021's Budget, which will be delivered on 3rd March at House of Commons.
HM Treasury @hmtreasury
Ahead of #Budget2021 tomorrow, the Chancellor @RishiSunak today had a traditional pre-budget audience with the Queen.
7:49 AM · Mar 3, 2021·Twitter Web App​

The Royal Family twitter account has quoted/re-tweeted HM Treasury's above tweet.
Earlier this evening, The Queen held an Audience via telephone with the Chancellor of the Exchequer, the Rt. Hon. Rishi Sunak MP.
7:57 AM · Mar 3, 2021·Twitter for iPhone​

The Queen had a telephone audience on Thursday 4th March with Air Chief Marshal Sir Mike Wigston, Chief of the Air Staff to discuss the Royal Air Force commitment to support nation during the pandemic.
Royal Air Force @RoyalAirForce
Today Her Majesty the Queen discussed Royal Air Force operations with @ChiefofAirStaff, the contribution of all our people to the defence of the nation, and our support for the national effort against COVID-19.
11:35 PM · Mar 4, 2021·Twitter Web App​

This afternoon, Her Majesty held a telephone Audience with the @ChiefofAirStaff, and heard about the @RoyalAirForce’s commitment to supporting the nation’s response to the pandemic.
The Queen has spoken to the Heads of the three Services of the Armed Forces in recent weeks.
2:22 AM · Mar 5, 2021·Twitter for iPhone​

The Queen taking part in the virtual British Science Week 2021.

I'm really enjoying the queen's virtual meetings

Question - "What was he like?"

HM - "Russian"

Priceless!!

For Day of Reflection, The Queen has sends flowers and message to NHS staffs at St Bartholomew's Hospital, where Prince Philip underwent cardiac surgery.
The Royal Family@RoyalFamily
BlossomA @MarieCurieUK nurse observes a minute’s silence @BartsHospital in London earlier today to remember all those who have died and lost loved ones in the past year. The silence was held across the UK as part of today’s national #DayofReflection.
3:59 AM · Mar 24, 2021·Twitter for iPhone

Replying to @RoyalFamily
Bouquet The flowers were sent by The Queen with a note reading: “As we look forward to a brighter future together, today we pause to reflect on the grief and loss that continues to be felt by so many ... and pay tribute to the immeasurable service of those who have supported us all.”
4:03 AM · Mar 24, 2021·Twitter for iPhone

Replying to @RoyalFamily
[Hospital] The bouquet is now on display in @BartsHospital atrium for staff and patients to enjoy. It is made up of iris, tulips, mixed narcissi (mini daffodils) and ranunculus.
4:03 AM · Mar 24, 2021·Twitter for iPhone​

Queen Elizabeth held a telephone audience with the Archbishop of Canterbury Justin Welby today, March 30:

** Tweet **

Lovely surprise engagement for the RAAF 100. She asked if they were chasing Russians.

It's wonderful to see her out and about. She's had her 2nd dose of the vaccine now, and she looks to be in very good form! We're allowed to travel to visit to meet friends and relations now, as long as it's outdoors and no more than 6 people or 2 households, so maybe she'll be able to see the new babies soon.

Today, Queen Elizabeth had an audience via telephone with Julia Longbottom upon her appointment as Her Majesty's Ambassador to Japan:

** Tweet **

Lovely surprise engagement for the RAAF 100. She asked if they were chasing Russians.

Yes it was lovely. I'm sure the Russians would be surprised to know the Aussies had them in their sights.:D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom