The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 02-23-2016, 07:34 PM
Heir Apparent

The role of the HOS will always be different then that of even the POW or lower members. of course she is busy with duties that are not 'patronages' and it will be the same for Charles and one day for William. The queen and Prince Philip do have plenty of patronages, but they have a different role.

Anne, Edward and Sophie an so on, are a better comparison. They have patronages and they do at least twice as many as the Cambridges. They all have patronages that make a huge impact on society (Camilla and osteoporosis and literacy, Princess Anne and Save the Children, Edward with the DOE awards and the Parolympics, Sophie is involved with Guiding, Andrew is big into blindness and does a lot of work with the military including the Canadian military,Charles has the Prince's trust). They make many visits for these patronages as well as the 'behind the scenes work' as well as representing other patronages.

Old 02-23-2016, 09:28 PM
Courtier

After he turns 95, I can see him cutting down to about 100 engagements per year. I think he'll spend more time at Sandringham, he seems to enjoy the countryside, and it will allow him more time with his friend Penny Romsey.

Old 02-23-2016, 09:37 PM
Heir Apparent

Considering retirement age is 65, him slowing down and 'only' doing 100 engagements would be understandable, less even would be. Enough to keep him busy and feeling like he isn't abandoning ship, but he can relax and enjoy the country, the animals, and hopefully his great-grandkids.
Old 02-23-2016, 09:46 PM
Heir Apparent

I think he'll carry on till he drops frankly! He is a work-horse, believes in "getting on with it". He may have earned a rest, but I don't think he wants one

This precious stone set in the silver sea,......
This blessed plot, this earth, this realm, this England,
Old 02-23-2016, 09:57 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by JR76 View Post
Philip will go down with his ship. If he keeled over during an engagement and died right away I'm sure he'd die a happy man.

Sent from my iPhone using The Royals Community mobile app

I think so too. I just get that sense from him.

Sent from my iPad using The Royals Community mobile app
Old 02-23-2016, 10:19 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Countessmeout View Post
Considering retirement age is 65, him slowing down and 'only' doing 100 engagements would be understandable, less even would be. Enough to keep him busy and feeling like he isn't abandoning ship, but he can relax and enjoy the country, the animals, and hopefully his great-grandkids.
If he spent more time at Sandringham, he would have more quality time with George and Charlotte. I thought it was sweet that he was the only non-Cambridge royal to attend George's 2nd birthday.