Prince Philip in Hospital for "Exploratory Operation": June 6-17, 2013

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Elektra

Nobility
City
French countryside
Country
France
Last edited:
"Abdominal investigations"? That sounds omnious!

Oh dear, that doesn't sound good at all. Best wishes for a speedy and full recovery to the Duke of Edinburgh. :flowers:

Indeed it does, Muhler. And for such a long time as up to two weeks does not sound reassuring either.

Oh god, I hope he will be fine. It' a old man for a long surgery

wow. may he get the rest needed

Well, it might not be an actual surgery, but more like probes being well... it's not pleasant.
And scanning.

The first thing that springs to mind is possible cancer in the bladder or intestines.

A general anaesthetic for abdominal surgery is very high-risk in someone of this age.
Let's hope his strength and resolve can pull him through!

Okay! They are opening him up. That's makes it more serious.

The planned nature of this surgery would lead some to speculate that it could be cancer of some part of the gastrointestinal tract, as that would be one of the more common reasons to have 'non-emergency' abdominal surgery in this age-group.
Let's hope that's not the case.

Well, it might not be an actual surgery, but more like probes being well... it's not pleasant.
And scanning.

The first thing that springs to mind is possible cancer in the bladder or intestines.

I fear for abdominal cancer.

This is not an emergency admission -according to BP spokesman.

In fact he was at the Garden Party this afternoon and that finishes at 1800.

Latest from BBC

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-22807818

Of course they are going to say that. I am not saying that they are wrong but I could see BP holding back information or not releasing everything

Praying for Philip and the Royal Family! I Hope he pulls trough! Would be sad to see the Queen without Philip at her side,

By the way isn't this his Fifth or Sixth hospital visit in the last Two Years?

Last edited:
Hope the Duke makes a speedy recovery. Its clear now that he is no longer "fighting fit" and I suspect after this twoweek stay we'll see much less of him. He needs to rest and slow down. Hopefully it will all go okay.

I wonder if there is any particular reason he's being treated at the london Clinic rather than King Edwards VII as he has done before.

I would say that main culprit is bladder.

Oh dear. I wish him well.

Of course they are going to say that. I am not saying that they are wrong but I could see BP holding back information or not releasing everything

Praying for Philip and the Royal Family! I Hope he pulls trough! Would be sad to see the Queen without Philip at her side,

Dont understand - who would say what? He was at the garden party, and there are pictures to prove it so what are you saying/implying?

Hope the Duke makes a speedy recovery. Its clear now that he is no longer "fighting fit" and I suspect after this twoweek stay we'll see much less of him. He needs to rest and slow down. Hopefully it will all go okay.

I wonder if there is any particular reason he's being treated at the london Clinic rather than King Edwards VII as he has done before.

Special equipment perhaps? Has the London Clinic a history for special skills in regards to treatment of cancer? Or other ailments in that region?
My dad died from bladder cancer. That took a year from the diagnosis until the end and it wasn't dignified, so I sincerely hope that is not the case.

Sky news pointing out the Duke will miss his birthday, trooping the colour and garter day

dammit! I hate hearing about all these recent hospitalization especially since I myself have been in and out of hospitals most of the year. I really do hope he gets well soon. the BRF wouldn't be the same without him. I hope the surgery is a success

Dont understand - who would say what? He was at the garden party, and there are pictures to prove it so what are you saying/implying?

I think the original poster was impyling the Duke going to hopsital maybe wasn't planned in advance as the Palace said.

The next royal I expected attending a hospital was for me HRH The Duchess of Cambridge for the birth of her child.

But I hope that The Duke of Edinburgh will be soon back at home with his family.

This is not an emergency admission -according to BP spokesman.

In fact he was at the Garden Party this afternoon and that finishes at 1800.

Latest from BBC

BBC News - Prince Philip to undergo operation on Friday

WRitten report from SKy including the statement that the PRince is feeling very well!

Prince Philip Taken To Hospital For Operation

It may not be emergency surgery but it is still very much a serious thing to put someone of the Dukes age under and open him up. The healing time and possibilities for problems to occur are very high.

Wishing the Duke a speedy recovery.

I hope Prince Philip gets well soon. It's a shame that he can't attend his birthday, Trooping the Colour and Garter day. :sad:

Not an emergency

Victoria Murphy ‏@QueenVicMirror 21m
Palace sources saying Philip's hospital stay not related to his cancelling the engagement on Monday evening when he simply lost his voice

Philip was told last week he would need the exploratory surgery during a routine examination by palace doctors

Aides say Philip walked into hospital himself and is not in pain

Yes, the bulletins will say that he feels well, but you don't get admitted to the hospital because you feel good. There's a reason he's there, and I just hope it isn't too serious.

I'm not saying it isnt serious, I'm saying it was not an emergency admission

Sad news but good to hear that it isn't an emergency. I wish the Duke of Edinburgh a swift recovery.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom