Prince Philip in Hospital for "Exploratory Operation": June 6-17, 2013

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Sorry for your loss.

Last edited by a moderator:
I doubt, from laproscopic surgery, Philip has tubes sticking out all over him. But, of course, they lie, so who really knows what has occurred. When you are in a high power job, on the Public payroll, your health issues are public. This mystique disappeared years ago. Philip may live for many years, he may die, tomorrow. No one knows and all this Bravado is nonsense.

One thing they could pass on though (gasp) and answer the question we all NEED to know.

"is it an innie or an outie".

I don't think the Duke will retire, the Queen Mother didn't and I bet Philip will be damned if he'll stop doing anything the Queen Mother managed to do. However I think the Queen, her family and staff will slowly persuade the Duke to do less and less, we've already seen this a little since his last health problems. He'll continue to support charities and good causes and be at important events but prehaps less travelling and more rest.

I have to remember that it was just last year when Philip was 90/91 he perhps gave one of his best quips for an old codger.

"I bet I'd be arrested if I unzipped that".

blunt, honest and definitely with great eyesight. :ROFLMAO:

I was fortunate enough to see HM as she left the London Clinic on Monday evening after visiting the DoE on his 92nd birthday. I attach a picture I took.

Attachments

• 100613.jpg
    100613.jpg
    202.9 KB · Views: 249
I, apologize, I thought that is what I read. And, why if that is true, did they do that, because, as I have said, they will not do chemo or radiation at his age. So for what purpose? The tubes will be minimal. If he were a patient on your insurance plans he would be home by now. I happen to like him, quite a great deal, but also, know hype when I see it. He would hate it, too. He is a witty and practical man, I think many views have been fabricated. Unfortunately, the queen has been raised to buck up, no matter the situation. It is okay to have feelings.

Has it been announced that he has cancer? Where are you getting this information? Thanks!

Has it been announced that he has cancer? Where are you getting this information? Thanks!

Absolutely not! No announcement has been made, all the comments on this thread are speculation.

Absolutely not! No announcement has been made, all the comments on this thread are speculation.

Thanks cepe! Countess, I may have misread your post...sorry:flowers:

Last edited:
Royal Central ‏@RoyalCentral 1h
BREAKING NEWS: Prince Andrew has arrived at the London Clinic, visiting his father the Duke of Edinburgh in hospital.

My heart skipped a beat when I read BREAKING NEWS in all caps... Aaaaand then it was just about Prince Andrew, lol! Moving on...

Paul Harrison ‏@SkyNewsRoyal 14m
#royal Princesses #Beatrice and #Eugenie arrive at the London Clinic to pay Grandfather Prince Philip a visit

Paul Harrison ‏@SkyNewsRoyal 60s
#royal Princesses #Eugenie & #Beatrice are the Duke's 5th and 6th visitors since his op last Friday pic.twitter.com/5iiGAQcxyC

Better pictures may emerge!

Nice of the Princesses to visit, they brought him books. I imagine William and Harry will visit tomorrow after Trooping the Colour. I wonder if Autumn, Mike and Catherine will visit as well.

Video:
Princesses Beatrice and Eugenie are the latest royals to have paid a visit to Prince Philip as he recovers from an exploratory operation in hospital-
Home - ITNSource News

Paul Harrison ‏@SkyNewsRoyal 14m Paul Harrison ‏@SkyNewsRoyal 60s #royal Princesses #Eugenie & #Beatrice are the Duke's 5th and 6th visitors since his op last Friday pic.twitter.com/5iiGAQcxyC

Better pictures may emerge!

With all those photogs, count on it. And I highly doubt he has only had 6 visitors total. :ROFLMAO:

Royal Central ‏@RoyalCentral 22m
RT @BBCPeterHunt: Charles and Camilla are visiting Prince Philip in hospital.

Paul Harrison ‏@SkyNewsRoyal 6m
#royal Princes Harry and William have just arrived to visit #Philip

Royal Central ‏@RoyalCentral 22m
RT @BBCPeterHunt: Charles and Camilla are visiting Prince Philip in hospital.

Paul Harrison ‏@SkyNewsRoyal 6m
#royal Princes Harry and William have just arrived to visit #Philip

Has Anne, Andrew, Peter or Zara visited yet?

Has Anne, Andrew, Peter or Zara visited yet?

Andrew was there yesterday but got only 1 or 2 mentions on twitter.

Anne has been in Scotland on engagements so no visit
Zara is competing in Germany
No Peter but he was been overseeing his first major project this week.

They are spreading these visits out. And there will have been no "secret" visits either.

Paul Harrison ‏@SkyNewsRoyal 1m
#royal #Charles tells me Duke is doing "much better"

pic.twitter.com/gGUUwOBxaB

Very good that the family is getting out and visiting Prince Philip. I'm sure he's happy to see everybody.

Nice to see the family visiting Philip today, I am bit surprised Catherine didn't visit but I suppose he is only her "grandpa-in-law"....

He must be feeling stronger if he can have more than 1 visitor at a time.

I'm sure if she would visit if she could.

Nice to see the family visiting Philip today, I am bit surprised Catherine didn't visit but I suppose he is only her "grandpa-in-law"....
I think Kate's thoughts are now concentrated on the future baby and she does everything to feel relaxed and avoid photoghraphs and crowds.

I think Kate's thoughts are now concentrated on the future baby and she does everything to feel relaxed and avoid photoghraphs and crowds.

She isn't the first pregnant Royal (or woman) and she wont be the last... I was simply commenting that I wonder if she will visit, but I doubt she will.

Photos of her entering any hospital for whatever reason at this stage of her pregnancy would cause mass hysteria.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom