Prince Philip in Hospital for "Exploratory Operation": June 6-17, 2013

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Good to see him being discharged, wish him all the best and hope his health returns. :)

This is very good news.

I hope he will take it easy and don't feel obligated to start on the job too soon.

Wow! Just WOW!

Here is a man that is 92 years young, has been in the hospital for the past 11 days, had abdominal surgery and leaves the hospital looking like a million bucks!

I'm happy he's back under his own steam again and off to Windsor and relaxing in his own environment and sleeping in his own bed. That has got to be a big relief for him.

It's good to know he's back home and now I hope he gets the rest he needs. Just the way he walked out of that hospital, he needs rest.

good news the phillip leae the hospital. he look more skinny but hhat is normal after a surgery.

Peter Hunt ‏@BBCPeterHunt 2m
Book "mystery" solved. Prince Philip left hospital clutching a copy of "Crucible of War" by the American historian Fred Anderson.

Peter Hunt ‏@BBCPeterHunt 13m
After surgery and a spell in intensive care, Prince Philip leaves hospital: http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-22935678 …

Peter Hunt ‏@BBCPeterHunt 3m
Prince Philip is now recuperating at Windsor Castle. He didn't attend the lunch held there for members of the Order of the Garter.

Great news indeed! I hope His Highness will get all the rest he needs.

At 92 he looked better than I did at 32 and had stomach surgery. He stood up well and had a bounce, if you know what i mean, to his step.

Last edited by a moderator:
You do lose a lot of weight right after abdominal surgery - as your digestive tract just stops working. That's all completely normal.

It was a wonderful shock to turn on my computer this morning, scan the news, and see that the Duke marched himself right out of that hospital. My mother was over 20 years younger with an abdominal surgery, and we practically had to carry her out.

I'm glad he's home in his own bed, with his own familiar surroundings. Best place for a patient to convalesce.

Remarkable and delightful to see him looking so chipper.
I wish him an uneventful convalescence.

My goodness he's a tough old bird! :D Doesn't he look well! I bet he'll be happy to be home.

My goodness he's a tough old bird! :D Doesn't he look well! I bet he'll be happy to be home.

And probably up to old tricks. He's not a man to be coddled and I think even a Queen's order wouldn't keep him down. Its probably why they kept him in the hospital for 11 days. :D

I'm sure he had medical advisors around him at Windsor. I just hope he pays attention to them.

Richard Palmer ‏@RoyalReporter 2h
Palace officials insist they will give details about future hospital treatments/illnesses of the Queen and Prince Philip, just not this one.

Palace officials insist they will give details about future hospital treatments/illnesses of the Queen and Prince Philip, just not this one.

I wonder what could be the reason for this.
Ofcourse it is up to the Royal Family to decide how to inform the public or not to release any information.
Maybe this surgery was for a quite serious reason and the Palace is afraid that if they told the real condition much more speculation would come from the press.
And the RF ofcourse want peace and quiet, especially with a royal birth coming up. But somethings it is better to be open about things.
Normally the RF is open about medical conditions, so there must be a special reason for not doing that this time I think.
However the situation is, I hope Prince Philip will recover fully and will be with us for a couple of more years!:flowers:

Kind of a statement that makes you wonder why not this one.

I am sure The Duke is on top medical permanent control at the Palace with doctor and nurses.

This is great news! Like others here, I hope he gets all the rest he needs.

Last edited by a moderator:
Kind of a statement that makes you wonder why not this one.

It definitely makes me wonder why not this one. :ohmy: There has to be a reason, and the only reason I can think of is that it is something very serious and potentially life-shortening.

It definitely makes me wonder why not this one. :ohmy: There has to be a reason, and the only reason I can think of is that it is something very serious and potentially life-shortening.

For goodness sake stop speculating. We'll never know, the family looks happy, but then if you want to be miserable about it, go ahead!

For goodness sake stop speculating. We'll never know, the family looks happy, but then if you want to be miserable about it, go ahead!

I'm not being miserable, just stating my reaction to the statement that has been made. This illness was singled out for special comment, and there has to be a reason. I think it's only natural to wonder why and speculate.

An off the cuff statement made by a reporter who doesnt agree with the fact the BRF havent given a blow by blow statement on what is wrong with DoE.

If it makes you happy to speculate go ahead. I think it's better to wait for the facts.
MAybe the palace were considering his dignity but overall his privacy which everyone is entitled to when it comes to their health. The only exception is Head of Government, IMO, so DoE doesnt apply.

I'm a glass is half full kind of guy so I will go with "this wasnt that serious after all so until something really serious/life threatening occurs it is not really any of your business so bugger off now and leave him alone."

Just a thought - how do you define 'life-shortening' in a 92 year old?
I guess we shouldn't be too concerned, and be thankful that he looks so well for now.

Does anyone think Prince Philip will show up at church on sunday?

Regular church attendances are not reported. The media turn up for specific events. So we wont know.

So has there been any more information coming out regarding the Dukes condition? There has not been much for a little while now. I was just curious. I suppose he is resting quietly and is being well taken care of.

So has there been any more information coming out regarding the Dukes condition? There has not been much for a little while now. I was just curious. I suppose he is resting quietly and is being well taken care of.

I have been wondering the same thing too. I suppose in this instance no news is good news.

I think Prince Phillip is 92 and most people of that age start to have their health deteriate especially when they continue to work. Most 80 years old don't do what Prince Phillip continues to do. I think he should get as much rest as he can and maybe even semi retire from public life. He is a man who doesn't like a fuss so whatever is wrong with him is being kept within the family something we should respect. Honestly, I won't be surprised by anything that may happen in the next year or two. There comes a time when the mind might be willing but the body isn't. The Queen has done a couple of engagements with Princess Anne it may be something that is done more often.

I think Prince Phillip is 92 and most people of that age start to have their health deteriate especially when they continue to work. Most 80 years old don't do what Prince Phillip continues to do. Phillip I think he should get as much rest as he can and maybe even semi retire from public life. He is a man who doesn't like a fuss so whatever is wrong with him is being kept within the family something we should respect. Honestly, I won't be surprised by anything that may happen in the next year or two. There comes a time when the mind might be willing but the body isn't. The Queen has done a couple of engagements with Princess Anne it may be something that is done more often.

I have to say it was nice to see The Queen doing sone Engagements with Princess Anne. Usually it with one of her Sons when Philip cant make it was nice to see Anne. almost like Mother-daughter bonding.

Also is Philip at Windsor Castle? Did someone call him when the baby was born? Maybe the Queen ir even William himself.

I was watching Sky News while they awaited the appearance of Prince xxxxx of Cambridge and the reporter their said that Philip is actually at Sandringham and that The Queen will 'pick him up' on her way to Balmoral - I don't somehow get an image of The Queen driving the car to Sandringham, tooting the hoon and waiting for him to get into the car to continue driving north to Balmoral.

I did find it significant that they said that Philip will be going to Balmoral from Sandringham.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom