Prince Philip in Hospital for "Exploratory Operation": June 6-17, 2013

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Nice to see the family visiting Philip today, I am bit surprised Catherine didn't visit but I suppose he is only her "grandpa-in-law"....

Frankly, hospitals are the not healthy places so I think that she should avoid them. I'm sure she sent her best wishes or even a card via William.

Most people in hospital have a limited tolerance for visitors. After a while, you just want them to leave!

tbh I don't remember Catherine ever visiting Phillip during his recent hospitalizations
as Autumn, as Tindall

They are newcomers in this family and meet Philip only during family gatherings.
Now Pilip needs only 'the nearest and dearest'.

Last edited:
as Autumn, as Tindall

They are newcomers in this family and meets Philip only during family gatherings.
Now Pilip needs only 'the nearest and dearest'.
Good point I totally forgot about those two.

Most people in hospital have a limited tolerance for visitors. After a while, you just want them to leave!
:previous: Yes! This!

The visitor list seems 'orderly' to me. So far, we have seen Philip's wife, his children and their spouses (I suspect we'll see Anne soon) and his grandchildren (although we haven't seen Zara and Peter yet).

So far, we haven't seen any spouses of grandchildren - Catherine, Autumn. It will be interesting to see if this pattern continues.

Last edited:
:previous: Yes! This!

The visitor list seems 'orderly' to me. So far, we have seen Philip's wife, his children and their spouses (I suspect we'll see Anne soon) and his grandchildren (although we haven't seen Zara and Peter yet).

So far, we haven't seen any spouses of grandchildren - Catherine, Autumn. It will be interesting to see if this pattern continues.

I can't see them showing up. Autumn might if Peter visits And like someone said Kate has other things on her mind and of her child is concentrating on preparing for the birth during this last month of her Pregnancy, If she showed up there would be Mass Hysteria.

The only way I could see them both showing up is if things took a sudden turn for the worse overnight for some reason (let hope not) and the whole family was Summoned to the hospital to Philip bed side and Philip was at Death door.

Last edited:
Beatrice and Eugenie are so somberly dressed! We never see them these days with their legs covered (in tights) and in flat shoes. I think this means Phillip's condition is serious. They are dressed for a funeral.

Beatrice and Eugenie are so somberly dressed! We never see them these days with their legs covered (in tights) and in flat shoes. I think this means Phillip's condition is serious. They are dressed for a funeral.

No way, that's just the way they are. Why would they dress for a funeral when they visit him? to worsen his spirits?
Also, the Countess wore her Paris dress which was much brighter.
I just think the Countess' children should really visit (pictures!) :D

They are in casual/work stuff and look like any other 22/24 year that you will see in London.

It may be June but it isnt warm and it isnt sunny

Both girls have probably come straight from work to the hospital. Their outfits make sense if you correspond them with their jobs.

Frankly, hospitals are the not healthy places so I think that she should avoid them. I'm sure she sent her best wishes or even a card via William.

Agree. Also it Probably nice to have just the Four Mens there (Philip, Charles, William and Harry). Father, Son, Grandfather and Grandson. And with Sunday being Father Day. Can only imagined what they talk about.

Agree. Also it Probably nice to have just the Four Mens there (Philip, Charles, William and Harry). Father, Son, Grandfather and Grandson. And with Sunday being Father Day. Can only imagined what they talk about.

The women in their lives of course! ;) I'd love to be a fly on the wall for that conversation.

I should think that Philip wanted to know how the Colonels meeting went - he cant have missed one in years.

She is wearing "flossies" - v comfortable.

She is interning with the Royal Collection

I can't see them showing up. Autumn might if Peter visits And like someone said Kate has other things on her mind and of her child is concentrating on preparing for the birth during this last month of her Pregnancy, If she showed up there would be Mass Hysteria.

The only way I could see them both showing up is if things took a sudden turn for the worse overnight for some reason (let hope not) and the whole family was Summoned to the hospital to Philip bed side and Philip was at Death door.
You misunderstood my post. I meant that I think it's likely only Philip's children and their spouses and his grandchildren would visit. And I think it's unlikely that the grandchildren's spouses (Autumn, Catherine) would visit.

Although it remains to be seen, of course :flowers:

She is wearing "flossies" - v comfortable.

She is interning with the Royal Collection

Thanks. Yes, they do look comfortable, but they do look like slippers to me. :D

Working with the Royal Collection would be fascinating, I think.

Father's Day is Hallmark stuff here. It means nothing there. They are concerned, he is quite elderly and sick. Perhaps, there are things he would like to impart to them. Very wise. But Philip is wise.

In many, instances, it is photo ops, that they, supposedly hate, but I am sure there are ways into the hospital without all the fanfare. Oh, look who is visiting now, stuff. He must be doing well, stuff. Great family stuff. I know they do care, so that was a reaction to the posts.

A P.S. Just saw a photo of Beatrice and Eugenie, they looked fine. Casual, less photo op, just girls visiting their grandfather.

Last edited by a moderator:
The Royal Family is a real Family with feelings. I am sure Father/Mother means something to them and it is not a Photo op! This is their Husband, Father, Grandfather, Father in law and Who are Five People's that would like to meet?

Last edited by a moderator:
All the male children of P Phillip have visited him. Not just Charles and his children. I'm sure Anne, his favorite, will come too. Who knows, she may call him, which he may prefer. I know my mother absolutely forbid hospital visits when she could

Hopefully PA visits her father with Tim. Maybe tomorrow after Trooping the Colors.

All the male children of P Phillip have visited him. Not just Charles and his children. I'm sure Anne, his favorite, will come too. Who knows, she may call him, which he may prefer. I know my mother absolutely forbid hospital visits when she could

I think Anne may have already visited .....or was there during the surgery. She just seems more of a back door visitor and its nobody's biz when I visit my father.

I think Anne may have already visited .....or was there during the surgery. She just seems more of a back door visitor and its nobody's biz when I visit my father.

Anne's such a daddy's girl. (That's a compliment!)

Last edited:
I glad to know phillip is going well! and of course see the family is very good for a sick person, I tell for my own experience in an hospital

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom