The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > British Royals > Queen Elizabeth II and the Duke of Edinburgh

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 06-06-2013, 03:26 PM
Heir Apparent

dammit! I hate hearing about all these recent hospitalization especially since I myself have been in and out of hospitals most of the year. I really do hope he gets well soon. the BRF wouldn't be the same without him. I hope the surgery is a success

Old 06-06-2013, 03:26 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by cepe View Post
Dont understand - who would say what? He was at the garden party, and there are pictures to prove it so what are you saying/implying?
I think the original poster was impyling the Duke going to hopsital maybe wasn't planned in advance as the Palace said.

Old 06-06-2013, 03:28 PM
Heir Presumptive

The next royal I expected attending a hospital was for me HRH The Duchess of Cambridge for the birth of her child.

But I hope that The Duke of Edinburgh will be soon back at home with his family.
I had a dream: Let's connect our thoughts together, than we have a mission, let's connect our feelings together, than we have a mood, let's connect our dreams together, than we have a vision and let's connect our mission, our mood and our vision together than we have a perfect life.
Old 06-06-2013, 03:28 PM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by tommy100 View Post
Sky news pointing out the Duke will miss his birthday, trooping the colour and garter day
Then this is of an emergency nature...

I feel very glum now.
Old 06-06-2013, 03:31 PM
Commoner

Quote:
This is not an emergency admission -according to BP spokesman.

In fact he was at the Garden Party this afternoon and that finishes at 1800.

Latest from BBC

BBC News - Prince Philip to undergo operation on Friday

WRitten report from SKy including the statement that the PRince is feeling very well!

Prince Philip Taken To Hospital For Operation
It may not be emergency surgery but it is still very much a serious thing to put someone of the Dukes age under and open him up. The healing time and possibilities for problems to occur are very high.

Wishing the Duke a speedy recovery.
Heir Presumptive
Royal Blogger

I hope Prince Philip gets well soon. It's a shame that he can't attend his birthday, Trooping the Colour and Garter day.
"She is a little angel and like her name, she brings sunshine even on cloudy days. From the bottom of our hearts, we would like to thank each and every one of you for your lovely best wishes for our daughter. She feels very loved". HRH Princess Madeleine, Duchess of Hälsingland and Gästrikland on her daughter, HRH Princess Leonore, Duchess of Gotland.
Join my new group!
Heir Apparent

Not an emergency

Victoria Murphy ‏@QueenVicMirror 21m
Palace sources saying Philip's hospital stay not related to his cancelling the engagement on Monday evening when he simply lost his voice

Philip was told last week he would need the exploratory surgery during a routine examination by palace doctors

Aides say Philip walked into hospital himself and is not in pain

This precious stone set in the silver sea,......
This blessed plot, this earth, this realm, this England,
Old 06-06-2013, 03:32 PM
Nobility

Yes, the bulletins will say that he feels well, but you don't get admitted to the hospital because you feel good. There's a reason he's there, and I just hope it isn't too serious.
Old 06-06-2013, 03:32 PM
Heir Apparent

I'm not saying it isnt serious, I'm saying it was not an emergency admission

This precious stone set in the silver sea,......
This blessed plot, this earth, this realm, this England,
Old 06-06-2013, 03:33 PM
Royal Highness

Sad news but good to hear that it isn't an emergency. I wish the Duke of Edinburgh a swift recovery.

— Queen Margrethe II of Denmark directly addressing people suffering from depression and loneliness in her 2011 New Years address.

Old 06-06-2013, 03:33 PM

It's a worry. My concern is that they're now saying that the Duke knew he'd have to have this operation based on the results of tests last week. They're saying it's an exploratory abdominal procedure. It sounds pretty serious for a man of his great age. Here's hoping all will be well.
Old 06-06-2013, 03:36 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Not an emergency

Palace sources saying Philip's hospital stay not related to his cancelling the engagement on Monday evening when he simply lost his voice

Philip was told last week he would need the exploratory surgery during a routine examination by palace doctors

Aides say Philip walked into hospital himself and is not in pain
Sky news saying he likely may have had an endoscope to explore inside,going down his throat. Maybe this led to a sore throat/lose of voice
Old 06-06-2013, 03:37 PM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by tommy100 View Post
Sky news saying he likely may have had an endoscope to explore inside,going down his throat. Maybe this led to a sore throat/lose of voice
That wouldn't take two weeks, unless they expect to find something.....
Old 06-06-2013, 03:38 PM
Commoner

According to Sky news, he had a scope down his throat which caused him some voice problems afterwards - this would have presumably to look at his oesophagus and stomach, possibly for anaemia. No doubt he had a scope up the other end too, though they haven't mentioned that one as yet!
I think this all points towards a gastrointestinal problem, rather than bladder this time.
Old 06-06-2013, 03:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cinrit View Post
They've already done it. By the sounds of it, they've done an endoscopy and found something that needs further investigation via surgery. The same happened with my sister a few years back and they found she had Crohns Disease. There's a thousand things it could be, some very serious and some just causing mild discomfort.
Old 06-06-2013, 03:41 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by cinrit View Post
Sorry i meant it as he had already had an endescope, so this may have led to him cancelling Monday's engagements.
Old 06-06-2013, 03:44 PM
Majesty

I'm watching the BBC Coverage. I hope the operation goes well but it must be major but I think his age must be a factor for him to be in the hospital for two weeks.

We'll miss Prince Philip at the Trooping of the Colour and Order of the Garter Ceremonies.

My thoughts and prayers are with him and the royal family and I hope Prince Philip get well soon.

Also, I did see Prince Philip cough a couple of times during the Coronation Anniversary Service on Tuesday. I don't want to speculate but that's what I saw.

Dr. Maya Angelou
Old 06-06-2013, 03:48 PM
Heir Presumptive

I wish him a full recovery and I hope they ascertain what his ailments are. I often forget he's 92 (soon).
Old 06-06-2013, 03:48 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Muhler View Post
Well, it might not be an actual surgery, but more like probes being well... it's not pleasant.
And scanning.

The first thing that springs to mind is possible cancer in the bladder or intestines.
First thing I thought of too. I certainly hope not. I really do love Prince Philip.
Old 06-06-2013, 03:51 PM
Nobility

I would think 2 weeks in hospital is about right for a man of his age to recover from exploratory surgery.

The Queen Mum had a cataract removed from her left eye at 94 and in November of the same year she was admitted to hospital for a hip replacement. Source: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...long-life.html

Wishing Prince Philip a speedy recovery.