The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > British Royals > Queen Elizabeth II and the Duke of Edinburgh

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 06-16-2013, 04:19 PM
Aristocracy

Is it Father's Day in Britain today?

Old 06-16-2013, 04:21 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alexey 1904 View Post
Yes it is.

They may not have visited but the wires might have been red-hot with Philip hrrumping and saying "Lot of nonsense"

This precious stone set in the silver sea,......
This blessed plot, this earth, this realm, this England,
Old 06-16-2013, 04:22 PM
Aristocracy

I thought Charles and his sons visited yesterday, or was that Friday?
Old 06-16-2013, 04:23 PM
Imperial Majesty
Royal Blogger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alexey 1904 View Post
Indeed it is celebrated on the third sunday of June in 74 countries.
Old 06-16-2013, 04:47 PM
Courtier

i'vealways wondered if the royal family make much of Fathers Day, can't see Philip encouraging it personally!

Just a quick comment on the previous page comments - I think sometimes this is a forum which by definition means "meeting or medium where ideas and views on a particular issue can be exchanged". Some time people have different views from our own but everyone is entitled to a personal opinion and view on an issue. Even if we don't all agree we have to respect everyones right to have that opinion, that's the point in these forums isn't it - to share ideas and thoughts.
Old 06-16-2013, 08:10 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by BritishRoyalist View Post
I never said you detest them. I was quoting what someone said in a post on a different thread a few days ago which has suddenly disappeared, but sometimes it seems like it. Maybe it how I read it or how it worded.

And they do more then posing for event. In this day and age there are always going to be photographers and the media wherever the Royals are so it may seem like it but it more then that. They are not perfect... No one said that they were
You are right. And, I don't detest them. I feel sorry for them. They all love him, in their own way and rightly so. They all know the place of mortality that he occupies, I know because my Mom is going to be 99 and still can do almost everything, including walking up and down a flight of stairs numerous times a day, but I know the fragility of life. They will scream and yell, oh they took this picture of this or that, but they can come and go and never be seen. Perhaps, they do, several times a day and this is the bone they throw to the media
Old 06-16-2013, 09:17 PM
Gentry

Quote:
Originally Posted by COUNTESS View Post

You are right. And, I don't detest them. I feel sorry for them. They all love him, in their own way and rightly so. They all know the place of mortality that he occupies, I know because my Mom is going to be 99 and still can do almost everything, including walking up and down a flight of stairs numerous times a day, but I know the fragility of life. They will scream and yell, oh they took this picture of this or that, but they can come and go and never be seen. Perhaps, they do, several times a day and this is the bone they throw to the media
Great Point!!!
Old 06-17-2013, 05:20 AM
Super Moderator

https://twitter.com/BBCPeterHunt/sta...57255224811523

@BBCPeterHunt

Prince Philip is leaving the private London Clinic.

https://twitter.com/BBCPeterHunt/sta...60267636846593

In a statement, Prince Philip thanked the medical team and members of the public who have sent him good wishes.
Old 06-17-2013, 05:45 AM
Nobility

Prince Philip Leaves Hospital After Operation

Includes video
Old 06-17-2013, 05:49 AM
Serene Highness

Smiling Prince Philip leaves hospital with a royal wave 11 days after being admitted for abdominal surgery | Mail Online

This dear Phil wanted to stop all the nonsense expressed on this thread lately and finally decided to leave the clinic...
You have to love this man !
Old 06-17-2013, 05:51 AM
Heir Presumptive

Good to see him being discharged, wish him all the best and hope his health returns. :)
Old 06-17-2013, 06:04 AM
Heir Apparent

This is very good news.

I hope he will take it easy and don't feel obligated to start on the job too soon.
Old 06-17-2013, 06:37 AM
Heir Apparent

Location: On the west side of North up from Back, United States
Wow! Just WOW!

Here is a man that is 92 years young, has been in the hospital for the past 11 days, had abdominal surgery and leaves the hospital looking like a million bucks!

I'm happy he's back under his own steam again and off to Windsor and relaxing in his own environment and sleeping in his own bed. That has got to be a big relief for him.
Old 06-17-2013, 06:46 AM
Majesty

It's good to know he's back home and now I hope he gets the rest he needs. Just the way he walked out of that hospital, he needs rest.

Dr. Maya Angelou
Old 06-17-2013, 08:25 AM
Heir Presumptive

good news the phillip leae the hospital. he look more skinny but hhat is normal after a surgery.
Today the world has embraced new royal Princesses in the form of Mary of Denmark and Maxima of the Netherlands. But it's questionable whether even these hugely popular, increasingly glamorous future Queens will ever capture the world's imagination in the same way as Diana.
As Mario acknowledges: "She really was a true Princess".
-www.theroyalist.net-
Old 06-17-2013, 09:33 AM
Majesty

Peter Hunt ‏@BBCPeterHunt 2m
Book "mystery" solved. Prince Philip left hospital clutching a copy of "Crucible of War" by the American historian Fred Anderson.

Peter Hunt ‏@BBCPeterHunt 13m
After surgery and a spell in intensive care, Prince Philip leaves hospital: http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-22935678 …

Peter Hunt ‏@BBCPeterHunt 3m
Prince Philip is now recuperating at Windsor Castle. He didn't attend the lunch held there for members of the Order of the Garter.

Dr. Maya Angelou
Old 06-17-2013, 10:15 AM
Majesty

Great news indeed! I hope His Highness will get all the rest he needs.

I'm not obsessed with royalty...I just think intensely about it.
Old 06-17-2013, 02:05 PM
Gentry

At 92 he looked better than I did at 32 and had stomach surgery. He stood up well and had a bounce, if you know what i mean, to his step.
Old 06-17-2013, 02:22 PM
Royal Highness

You do lose a lot of weight right after abdominal surgery - as your digestive tract just stops working. That's all completely normal.

It was a wonderful shock to turn on my computer this morning, scan the news, and see that the Duke marched himself right out of that hospital. My mother was over 20 years younger with an abdominal surgery, and we practically had to carry her out.

I'm glad he's home in his own bed, with his own familiar surroundings. Best place for a patient to convalesce.
Old 06-18-2013, 04:09 AM
Nobility

Remarkable and delightful to see him looking so chipper.
I wish him an uneventful convalescence.