Prince Philip in Hospital for "Exploratory Operation": June 6-17, 2013

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I think Anne may have already visited .....or was there during the surgery. She just seems more of a back door visitor and its nobody's biz when I visit my father.

I dont agree. She was in Somerset when the Duke was admitted and IMO she would not have gone to see him ahead of the Queen. As for during surgery - doing what exactly?

She has been in in other parts of the country - mainly Yorkshire and on the North Sea (on a ship) - for the past week.

She would walk in the front door like everyone else.

If you want to actually know where the royals were at any time, you can look up the Royal Circular on the Royal web site.

Peter Hunt ‏@BBCPeterHunt 29m
After Trooping the Colour, and after lunch, the Queen is visiting her husband, Prince Philip at the private London Clinic.

I think Anne may have already visited .....or was there during the surgery. She just seems more of a back door visitor and its nobody's biz when I visit my father.

My point, exactly. She loves her father, so do the others, I never said they don't, the queen adores Philip. I just questioned the photo op, which they all "say they hate", but use it a great deal for their advantage. To the poster who said I "detest the RF". That is not true. I neither like them nor dislike them. They just are. It amuses me that many see them as "demi Gods" They are a family, some good, some bad, some silly. They spend a great deal of their time posing for events, which is their task. They, really, have not much else to do. Sometimes they are hypocrites. I like Philip a great deal, he and Anne just do their job, mostly without the fanfare.

My point, exactly. She loves her father, so do the others, I never said they don't, the queen adores Philip. I just questioned the photo op, which they all "say they hate", but use it a great deal for their advantage. To the poster who said I "detest the RF". That is not true. I neither like them nor dislike them. They just are. It amuses me that many see them as "demi Gods" They are a family, some good, some bad, some silly. They spend a great deal of their time posing for events, which is their task. They, really, have not much else to do. Sometimes they are hypocrites. I like Philip a great deal, he and Anne just do their job, mostly without the fanfare.

I never said you detest them. I was quoting what someone said in a post on a different thread a few days ago which has suddenly disappeared, but sometimes it seems like it. Maybe it how I read it or how it worded.

And they do more then posing for event. In this day and age there are always going to be photographers and the media wherever the Royals are so it may seem like it but it more then that. They are not perfect... No one said that they were

Last edited:

Generally they are happy when pictured on official engagements and you're right - that is their job.

And they also "put up with" organised photo ops when on holiday (I'm thinking of skiing holidays here) which some of them could handle better as they are organised by the BRF.

They loathe intrusion into private holidays - and this is understandable and loads has been written about that and I'm going to repeat it.

The photos outside the London hospital the senior royals are handling quite happily because they reassure the public that all is well with Prince Philip.

Harry needs to sort himself out because scowling like a 9 year old every time he sees a camera does him no favours what so ever. Especially when he knows well in advance that the media are parked outside the hospital.

So there is not one approach - it depends on the circs an, at the moment, the royal in question.

Looking at the court Circular Anne is not away again until the 19th so she will probably visit her father some time in teh next few days. I'm sure she has spoken to him and is being kept up to date. She, like her father, is unlikey to cancel everything and visit him unless it is extremely serious.

The photos outside the London hospital the senior royals are handling quite happily because they reassure the public that all is well with Prince Philip.
Harry needs to sort himself out because scowling like a 9 year old every time he sees a camera does him no favours what so ever. Especially when he knows well in advance that the media are parked outside the hospital.
I didn't think Prince Harry was scowling. Both of the Princes look upset. That may not mean that Prince Phillip is not coming along but it is hard to see someone you love and is up and active very ill. I think it's harder on younger people.
Just because the Queen or Edward give a smile to the press doesn't mean they are not worried. It just means they are more practiced in dealing with these situations.

My children are in their teens. I had 2 critical illness one month apart. With the second one I passed out I my home in front of the kids. My kids were scared my daughter( 15) came to the hospital once --my son (19) didn't come. He told my husband he didn't want to cry in front of me.
People handle things differently.

Last edited by a moderator:
You are right. How Philip is we will never know, unless he dies, then they will say he is dead, maybe. Emotion, which is natural to normal people is forbidden for them, because of long ago ideas. When I was 47, I lost my first husband, suddenly and my father, exactly the month before, suddenly. We survived and went on, but we had emotion and knew it was not incorrect to feel that. This publicity nonsense is what they want. The queen loves Philip, no question, his grandchildren love him, he is elderly, one never knows. They are the same as all families, this posing for photo ops disgusts me, because, they say they hate this stuff. Otherwise it is great!!!

People handle emotions in different ways. In my family we were taught not to show emotions in public, most importantly surrounding illness and death. Never be seen crying in public. If you need to cry do it alone in private at home.It goes along with being told that your name should only be in the papers at birth, marriage and death.....and not even then if you can arrange it. It works for us, might not for others. I know it was a bit difficult to learn for my sisters in law.

People handle emotions in different ways. In my family we were taught not to show emotions in public, most importantly surrounding illness and death. Never be seen crying in public. If you need to cry do it alone in private at home.It goes along with being told that your name should only be in the papers at birth, marriage and death.....and not even then if you can arrange it. It works for us, might not for others. I know it was a bit difficult to learn for my sisters in law.

I think the reason why Anne hasn't visited her father in the hospital is that she's in denial; in her mind he isn't. She should visit, one day he could slip away on her.

I think the reason why Anne hasn't visited her father in the hospital is that she's in denial; in her mind he isn't. She should visit, one day he could slip away on her.

I'm sorry?! I didn't know you knew Princess Anne or her inner most thoughts and feelings that well.

Princess Anne and her father have a good relationship, if she wanted to visit her father (and she may already have) I'm sure she would have. Leave the "slipping away" stuff to your imagination please.

Just my point on your opinion as I said in the Kate Maternity section. So you say you are the one who knows them now and knows how they feel. Once again acting like you are the one who knows all. It is just ones opinions and the person did not say at all that the two had a bad relationship.

Just my point on your opinion as I said in the Kate Maternity section. So you say you are the one who knows them now and knows how they feel. Once again acting like you are the one who knows all. It is just ones opinions and the person did not say at all that the two had a bad relationship.

I'm sorry but what?

SarahEdwards claimed that Anne had not been to see her father because she was in denial about him being ill, and that she should go visit him because "he could slip away on her". We have no idea if what Sarah said is accurate and nowhere did she write that it was her belief that Anne was in denial. It was stated as fact. I take issue with people who claim to know royals inside out from a few news articles and pictures.

Can I ask where to use your words,

"say you are the one who knows them now and knows how they feel?"

that I said I knew them and how they feel? In fact it was the poster I quoted who claimed to know exactly how The Princess Royal felt.

I stated Anne and Philip had a good relationship, apparently, this was neither a reflection on what the poster said and was part of my own response.

I too, thought the original comment that labeled what the forum member thought Anne was thinking was over the line. Sometimes it works better in the Forums if you compose something then re-read it and ask yourself if you are just being petty, or mean, or offensive, or creepy. I know I have deleted a lot of posts by doing that. Unlike some forums where the goal seems to be how much you can offend others, we at least try to get along. The Mods, too, wear big boots and freely give constructive criticism.

There is nothing wrong with expressing an opinion. The goal, however should be to offer an opinion that opens people up to a unique point of view, rather than offending them so they dismiss what you say. It's usually in the delivery, rather than the opinion.

Sorry if that sounds a bit preachy. I know I still am learning the ropes in doing this, too. ;)

I think that people who have followed the Royal family for years have built up a certain "knowledge" - based on actions, comments etc by the royals. The Princess Royal strikes me as a down to earth, pragmatic, realistic person who would not go into "denial" when her 92 year old father is admitted to hospital. She knows the facts - we only have assumptions.

As usual with this family - duty comes first and she had engagements today in Winchester; tomorrow she will take part in the Garter Ceremony. Some people may not like or accept that duty is a priority over a hospital visit but that is how the BRF operate.

I think imposing one's own feeling onto others is a mistake. Saying what one would do in similar circumstances is fine. I really don't agree with the speculation and pseudo-psychology stuff which has been present in the past week on this thread.

JMO.

This forum is not about having a row - can we please get back on topic.

There seems to be little else to do until Prince Philip is released or someone else comes to visit him. I had thought that some or one of his children would have visited today, after all it is Father's Day. :flowers:

Queen had an engagement I know and so did Anne. William and Harry being papped by a demented woman at the polo.

I hated having visitors when I was in hospital. PRince PHilip probably arranged to get Sky and has been watching the cricket - which we won!

Prince Philip pulling strings, I don't believe it ;)

As far as I know, Prince Philip has 4 children neither of which include The Queen.:lol:

I thought Charles and his sons visited yesterday, or was that Friday?

i'vealways wondered if the royal family make much of Fathers Day, can't see Philip encouraging it personally!

Just a quick comment on the previous page comments - I think sometimes this is a forum which by definition means "meeting or medium where ideas and views on a particular issue can be exchanged". Some time people have different views from our own but everyone is entitled to a personal opinion and view on an issue. Even if we don't all agree we have to respect everyones right to have that opinion, that's the point in these forums isn't it - to share ideas and thoughts.

I never said you detest them. I was quoting what someone said in a post on a different thread a few days ago which has suddenly disappeared, but sometimes it seems like it. Maybe it how I read it or how it worded.

And they do more then posing for event. In this day and age there are always going to be photographers and the media wherever the Royals are so it may seem like it but it more then that. They are not perfect... No one said that they were

You are right. And, I don't detest them. I feel sorry for them. They all love him, in their own way and rightly so. They all know the place of mortality that he occupies, I know because my Mom is going to be 99 and still can do almost everything, including walking up and down a flight of stairs numerous times a day, but I know the fragility of life. They will scream and yell, oh they took this picture of this or that, but they can come and go and never be seen. Perhaps, they do, several times a day and this is the bone they throw to the media

You are right. And, I don't detest them. I feel sorry for them. They all love him, in their own way and rightly so. They all know the place of mortality that he occupies, I know because my Mom is going to be 99 and still can do almost everything, including walking up and down a flight of stairs numerous times a day, but I know the fragility of life. They will scream and yell, oh they took this picture of this or that, but they can come and go and never be seen. Perhaps, they do, several times a day and this is the bone they throw to the media

Great Point!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom