Prince Philip in Hospital with Chest Infection: April 4-7, 2008

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Compared to the photos of last week, he looks incredibly pale and seems to have lost weight...The suit looks like it doesn't fit anymore and he seems almost swallowed up in it...

Don't you think that they are the oddest family - their husband/father is in hospital and they don't visit him !!! - Really werid

How do you know that they didn't?

I saw a clip of him leaving the hospital, and I thought that his manner was spry for an 86-year-old man with a chest infection.:flowers:

Compared to the photos of last week, he looks incredibly pale and seems to have lost weight...The suit looks like it doesn't fit anymore and he seems almost swallowed up in it...

Good news that P Phillip left the hospital. :) He looked tired in that picture, but I'm not surprised, most people would look grey leaving hospital. He seems doing very good for someone in his age.

He looks good,what did you expect from a 86 year old man leaving a hospital?

I bet he wasn't the easiest patient to care for- though I am equally sure he was absolutely charming to the female staff ;)

Glad he's out & back home again.

Can we please stop with the references to his enjoyment of the female staff or the appreciation of the female nurses on the part of the Prince? It is really starting to annoy me, and I kinda feel like it is disrespectful.

Well, he does have a reputation for being charming to people, particularly ladies. The time we need to worry is when he's in hospital and not in a condition to be charming to anyone, although I hope that's a long time off.

I am glad he is feeling well enough to leave the hospital and go home to his
family and he will soon be back doing his royal duties.Hope no more scares
surface until a long time from now.

Can we please stop with the references to his enjoyment of the female staff or the appreciation of the female nurses on the part of the Prince? It is really starting to annoy me, and I kinda feel like it is disrespectful.

HRH is very well known to be an extremely charming man, and his appreciation for beautiful women--at arms' length, to be sure--is also well known.

HRH is very well known to be an extremely charming man, and his appreciation for beautiful women--at arms' length, to be sure--is also well known

See, thats just the thing, it isn't sure that it was "at arms' length." I just feel that its the kind of situation where if you knew a couple where the husband or wife was perchance not faithful, you wouldn't walk up to either the wife or the husband and say "Did you see the legs on that one?" or "Wasn't he gorgeous/ attractive?" It can be insensitive, because you don't know the entire story, you don't know the situation of the marriage, and you don't know what might hurt the respective spouses feelings or bring up bad memories. I'm not saying that either of them are reading this forum, because I think it quite unlikely, but if I were in the situation where my husband was not faithful, or there were many rumors about it, statements that suggest his possible abundance of interest in other women would annoy the heck out of me.

Thats the best way I can explain it I think.

And yes, he does have a reputation for being charming to people, not just women which is a good thing, and I hope that doesn't change any time soon.

QueenM, that depends on the couple as well. Mr. Russo is an incredible FLIRT! He enjoys teasing and cajoling beautiful women all the time but it doesn't mean he goes home with them or that he takes their phone number or e-mail addy. (Besides, I work with him and I'd know! :D) I am very secure in my relationship with Mr. Russo and we both will flirt and cajole with the opposite sex. But at the end of the day, nobody but him will do for me and vice versa! :wub:

QueenM, that depends on the couple as well. Mr. Russo is an incredible FLIRT! He enjoys teasing and cajoling beautiful women all the time but it doesn't mean he goes home with them or that he takes their phone number or e-mail addy. (Besides, I work with him and I'd know!
biggrin.gif
) I am very secure in my relationship with Mr. Russo and we both will flirt and cajole with the opposite sex. But at the end of the day, nobody but him will do for me and vice versa!

I'm very happy that is the case for you, really I do think that is great, I'm just saying that we don't know that is the case with the Queen and Prince Philip. For all we know it could really drive them nuts for people to keep referring to his "wandering eyes" you know?

Maybe the old goat needs to sit down and finally take a rest. Good grief he is almost 87 years of age

I'm happy he's better.
So am I, ElisaR, so am I!

It has been a bit of a shock to see him look so frail. It has reminded us all the no one is immortal, and we are so used to saying "the Queen and the Duke of Edinburgh" almost as if they were one entity.

It's been an unpleasant reminder that they are both in their eighties and either one or indeed both may not last another couple of years let alone decades.

Somehow I just can't imagine one without the other.

I'm very happy that is the case for you, really I do think that is great,
Oh, you don't wanna puke your guts out over all this lovey dovey stuff?
:D
You know, all men have "wandering eyes" with women. If they don't, IMO, I would suspect they're gay. (And even then they may be wandering to good-looking men! :rolleyes:) To make an "issue" out of it, I think is unfair. But that's just me. Some would argue that it's disrespectful of the person you have married (HRH) to do that in their company.
He is what he is and I, too, am glad he's on the mend!

Oh, you don't wanna puke your guts out over all this lovey dovey stuff?
Nooooo, lovey dovey stuff doesn't make me want to puke my guts out.........well.......not.....generally........:D

Being the curious person I am....(and I suppose there could be a double meaning to that statement......) I do wonder what the chest infection was.

Bronchitis? Our older friend gets pneumonia an awful lot as well.

87, and that's the first time he's seriously hospitalized? That speaks well for his health, doesn't it?

Maybe the old goat needs to sit down and finally take a rest. Good grief he is almost 87 years of age

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom