Prince Philip Hospitalised Due to Bladder Infection: June 4-9, 2012

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Think back 11 years and we were saying the same things about The Queen Mum but now 11 years on we are well and truly used to life without her.

Iluvbertie said:
Think back 11 years and we were saying the same things about The Queen Mum but now 11 years on we are well and truly used to life without her.

Indeed, the world keeps turning and it would be a lot stranger if nothing ever changed. At least, whenever it is the time for Phillip to go, it will be after a long, healthy and fantastic life. I wish everyone was as lucky.

As unfeeling as it may sound I hope nothing happens to him this year. Didn't HM lose her mum and her sister during her golden jubilee?

As unfeeling as it may sound I hope nothing happens to him this year. Didn't HM lose her mum and her sister during her golden jubilee?

Yes she lost Margaret in February and her mother in March as well as Philip's last surviving sister the previous November.

Jenafran said:

Completely agree.... I've thought of that often this past week. But thankfully he looked so much better today.... I truly believe he has turned a corner and will make it through the year. This past week I was worried if he would make it through the Olympics. I hope this continues to be a wonderful year for HM.

He looked much, much better today. He also looked like he thoroughly enjoyed talking to Carole Middleton which I thought was very nice.

I think its amazing that these two people made it that far together, its something very special and something to be grateful for.

As a reality check, Philip is 91, other people of his age are either dead or in a nursery home. Of course he looks frail & not very well, everything he is able to do at this stage is a bonus. I am stunned how he goes through events like the Trooping of the Colour, standing still most of the time wearing his bearskinhat.

Whatever happens and when, the tenor must be of gratefulness that he's made it that far in the special life he had, 99% dont.

He and The Queen still have a very important milestone to celebrate later this year and that will also be a spur - to reach 65 years married.

On Ascot day Prince Philip was looking not well at all !

rominet09 said:
On Ascot day Prince Philip was looking not well at all !

You mean Ascot week? It's not over yet. :)
He hasn't looked well since he left hospital but he's fighting on to support his wife.

I thought Philip looked pretty good for a 91 year old who just had a hospital stay.

You mean Ascot week? It's not over yet. :)
He hasn't looked well since he left hospital but he's fighting on to support his wife.

I do think there is a remarkable difference between how he looked at the Jubilee Thames pageant and how he has looked since then. It does seem like that infection has taken the wind out of his sails physically but then again, that could be due to medication he is on. I've always been prone to looking washed out a bit too when taking antibiotics and I imagine that at 91, it'll take some time to look hale and healthy again and considering his age, he does look a lot healthier than some older folks I know that are younger than he is.

He is a man of extraordinary stamina and most probably too damned ornery to throw in the towel any time soon. :D

I think its amazing that these two people made it that far together, its something very special and something to be grateful for.

As a reality check, Philip is 91, other people of his age are either dead or in a nursery home. Of course he looks frail & not very well, everything he is able to do at this stage is a bonus. I am stunned how he goes through events like the Trooping of the Colour, standing still most of the time wearing his bearskinhat.

Whatever happens and when, the tenor must be of gratefulness that he's made it that far in the special life he had, 99% dont.

Very true. It is impressive. Just last week I was reading about how President Bush, Sr (87) isn't getting around anymore without assistance and how hard that was on him. He's always been quite active--skydiving on his birthday in his 80s!

Philip's remarkable. That he does what he does and gets around so well is astounding, especially since he just got out of the hospital. He has been quite fortunate.

I think Philip has looked wonderful Day 3 & 4 of Ascot. Definitely has some some color back in his cheeks. but i agree - every day/year is a gift that he is able to be as active that he is.

He looks better Day 4 of Ascot. As others have mentioned, each day is a gift at this age.

Back
Top Bottom