The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > British Royals > Queen Elizabeth II and the Duke of Edinburgh

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 06-09-2012, 08:05 AM
Heir Apparent

He couldn't get better birthday gift!

Old 06-09-2012, 08:07 AM
Commoner

Fantastic news that he will get to spend his birthday at home with his family, especially after missing Christmas as well.

Here's hoping he has a clean bill of health for some time now.

Old 06-09-2012, 10:46 AM
Heir Apparent

Fantastic news!
Old 06-09-2012, 10:47 AM
Aristocracy

this is wonderful i was worried for a while
Old 06-09-2012, 11:03 AM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by RoyalistRiley View Post
Video of the Duke leaving hospital - BBC News - Duke of Edinburgh leaves hospital after five nights

Nice to see him up and about again!
Thanks for this video, the Duke of Edinburgh looks so beautiful and joyful!

The fruit of the spirit is love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, gentleness, . . . .
Old 06-09-2012, 11:18 AM
Courtier

Happy birthday to Prince Philip!
Old 06-09-2012, 11:19 AM
Nobility

Fantastic news - so glad he is out of hospital for his birthday.
Old 06-09-2012, 11:21 AM
Aristocracy

Wonderful! Now he can spend his birthday at home with family!

He looks quite well, too. He is really amazing.

Pss. Eugenie said some lovely things about her grandparents.
Old 06-09-2012, 11:36 AM
Heir Presumptive
Royal Blogger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Erin9 View Post
Wonderful! Now he can spend his birthday at home with family!

He looks quite well, too. He is really amazing.
Pss. Eugenie said some lovely things about her grandparents.
Indeed, she did.

'Granny and Grandpa are invincible together': But Princess Eugenie admits the Queen would have found Jubilee 'testing' without Philip by her side

Quote:
Princess Eugenie has told how her grandmother the Queen would have found the final two days of the Diamond Jubilee 'quite testing' without Prince Philip by her side. The Duke of Edinburgh was taken ill on Sunday with a bladder infection, after standing for hours in the teeming rain as the Jubilee River Pageant made its way along the Thames. Nevertheless, the princess described her grandparents as a 'power couple who kind of astound people' as she gave the first interview by a royal following the Diamond Jubilee celebrations.
Old 06-09-2012, 11:44 AM
Aristocracy

This is great news! I can't imagine the BRF without Phillip and the Queen!
Old 06-09-2012, 02:34 PM
Serene Highness

Thank goodness he is better. Im so glad he will be home with the family. After missing most of the celebrations it will be good that he will at least be home for his birthday. :)
Old 06-09-2012, 02:39 PM
Heir Apparent

That's the best birthday gift for Philip, I'm sure. And he looked great on his departure from the hospital; I hope he's feeling as good as he looks.
Old 06-09-2012, 03:50 PM
Serene Highness

The duke of Edinburgh is out! Hope all is well.
Old 06-09-2012, 04:11 PM
Nobility

I read an article that included his diary for the next few days. I hope that he simply enjoys his birthday with his family and rests. I m sure that all of these engagements require more than simple get dressed and go. He must be briefed on how is attending and some details about them so that he does not go in blind< as I am sure this applies to all royals at all engagements.
Old 06-09-2012, 04:24 PM
Nobility

Great to hear he's out and doing well. He looks quite well and hope he gets better soon.
Old 06-09-2012, 05:40 PM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Police officers guard the entrance to the King Edward VII Hospital, where Prince Philip has been hospitalised with a bladder infection
London, England - 04.06.12
WENN Photo Library - Search Results
Old 06-09-2012, 06:29 PM
Nobility

Bladder infections

My cat had one once several years ago! One day he was walking around the house whining, so my mom thought "Fluffy must have a bladder infection." She took him to the vet and explained the situation. The vet took a urine sample and confirmed that he did indeed have a bladder infection, so she gave him some medication. When I came home from school I found him under my bed. He wasn't acting like himself, so I asked my mom what was wrong, and she told me. For the next several mornings, both my parents had to go down into the basement to give him his medicine, one to hold him in a wrapped-up towel and the other to hold his mouth open and use the dropper to administer the medication. You could hear the meowing from the bedrooms on the second floor of the house!
Old 06-09-2012, 06:56 PM
Courtier

Prince Philip Over the Years
Old 06-09-2012, 07:17 PM
Heir Apparent

It was interesting- when I heard P. Eugenie refer to her grandparents as Granny and Grandpa, and then to realize that's purely what they are to her, like my Granny and Grandpa were to me, so of course that's what she calls them.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sarahedwards2 View Post
My cat had one once several years ago! One day he was walking around the house whining, so my mom thought "Fluffy must have a bladder infection." She took him to the vet and explained the situation. The vet took a urine sample and confirmed that he did indeed have a bladder infection, so she gave him some medication. When I came home from school I found him under my bed. He wasn't acting like himself, so I asked my mom what was wrong, and she told me. For the next several mornings, both my parents had to go down into the basement to give him his medicine, one to hold him in a wrapped-up towel and the other to hold his mouth open and use the dropper to administer the medication. You could hear the meowing from the bedrooms on the second floor of the house!
Sounds like that cat could have used Siegfried Farnon( vet in All Creatures Great and Small.)
Old 06-09-2012, 09:28 PM
Aristocracy

So glad he's doing better and that he gets to spend his birthday at home with his family.