Prince Philip in Hospital after Suffering Chest Pains: December 24-27, 2011

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Just read about this in the paper. Hope Prince Phillip is feeling better. What a bummer to not feel well during Christmas.

Lovely to know they are visiting him. BBC news reported that all his children have been to visit him and currently Charles and Camilla are there. No reports of grandchildren, or Sophie and Tim, visiting. In this case, I think less is more.

Lovely to know they are visiting him. BBC news reported that all his children have been to visit him and currently Charles and Camilla are there. No reports of grandchildren, or Sophie and Tim, visiting. In this case, I think less is more.

I guess they all rerouted on their way to Sandringham to stop at the hospital in Cambridgeshire. Hope the prince can join the family tomorrow - they can surely send a doctor and a nurse to take care of him at home?

I guess they all rerouted on their way to Sandringham to stop at the hospital in Cambridgeshire. Hope the prince can join the family tomorrow - they can surely send a doctor and a nurse to take care of him at home?

I can see it now. HM at his bedside and each one of the kids and grandkids coming in to see him and have a few minutes and after they've all gone.. Philip looks at his wife and goes "its not funeral but a damn good wake!"

Its always been said you can't keep a good man down.

I think they would go separately to visit him as if they all go at once it might get a bit to crowded/busy & I know many doctors who don't like too many visitors at once. To what I have read is that the whole family arrived to Sandringham yesterday.

The Queen was joined in the helicopter from Sandringham by Anne, Andrew and Edward. The BBC have footage of them getting into the helicopter to fly back to Norfolk. They appeared to be in good form, Andrew in particular was laughing. Charles and Camilla apparently drove from Highgrove to Papworth.

BP have said that the Church service tomorrow morning will go ahead as planned and that they don't anticipate any changes to the RF's celebrations.

I'm so glad that all appears to be turning out well. I'm sure the Duke will be home soon. It must have been a distressing night for the whole family, especially HM. They have been together for so long that I just can't picture one without the other.

The Queen doesn't like to helicopter does she?

I can see it now. HM at his bedside and each one of the kids and grandkids coming in to see him and have a few minutes and after they've all gone.. Philip looks at his wife and goes "its not funeral but a damn good wake!"

Yes, I could just imagine Philip saying something like that.:lol: I would think while he's recuperating, they'd try to limit the amount of visitors coming en masse to see him. I'm glad the procedure went well, but with a person of that age, his post-op care has to be monitored extensively. My best wishes for a speedy recovery.

Last edited:
I'm glad to hear he's doing well. Since we know he'll be OK, it's fun to imagine (tongue in check, of course) all the possible scenarios that could have given Philip a heart attack:
-- He heard that Princess Beatrice was giving everyone hats for Christmas
-- The Queen told him Fergie was coming for New Year's
-- Due to royal belt-tightening they're hunting pigeons on Boxing Day
-- Harry announced that he eloped with a showgirl in Vegas last month

The list of possibilities is endless. :)

I'm glad to hear that The Duke is doing well, after what must have been a scary situation :)

what annoying news.
I hope he is fine,that he could go hime celebrate the Christmas with his family.

I'd just like to say that it's good to see Edward wearing his "visit family members in hospital" jacket on. I am sure every time Sophie was in hospital with their children and he visited her he was wearing that jacket. Hilarious.

Good to hear Philip is on the mend.

Thank you for the laugh :ROFLMAO:. I needed it.

On a serious note, I hope that His Highness will recover soon and be able to join his family. I'm sure he enjoyed seeing his wife and children today as well.

Warm regards to the BRF and wish for the duke to make a quick recovery. My thoughts and prayers go out to the house of Windsor.

That's a bleary thought for Christmas eve. I do hope people wish to be understood - and to be understanding, here. Prince Philip may not die next month either - and abbreviating death to D day is flippant. But, if that's one's sentiment, that's one's sentiment.

Hopefully, the DoE has many years left.

Merry Christmas, everyone! Try to be cheery!

I'm not keen on Philip, but I sincerely hope he'll be around to support the Queen in completing her Diamond Jubilee celebrations.....

Just finishing our Christmas Lunch but have logged on here to say that the latest news is that William, Catherine and Harry are expected to visit the Duke in hospital this afternoon. This implies that he will be spending tonight in Papworth as well, on the basis that his family would not be visiting if he was about to be discharged today.

Perhaps Beatrice and Eugenie will also be with him if it is 'grandchildren' visiting today.

Must rush back to the festivities, although before doing so would like to wish everyone Happy Christmas/Happy Holidays and I will post more about Prince Philip if anything else comes to light.

Regards,

A merrily-feasting Alex.

It's Christmas morning for us on the US West Coast. I'm having my first cup of coffee with some 'Christmas Cheer' in it, getting ready to listen to HM speech on streaming broadcast on my laptop. I'm glad the Duke passed a peaceful night & I'm sure will enjoy family visits. I'm also sure he is raring to get home to Sandringham for the rest of the festivities.

Where ever you are, forum friends, I wish you a Wonderful Christmas. And all best wishes to the Royal Family for a peaceful holiday.

Thank you, same to you. I've got to run and get dressed for my own Christmas festivities or I'll be extremely late! Merry Christmas to all.

It's nice that they drove each other.

so glad for philip that his grandchildren came and visited him too!

Nothing is more important than being with family - especially the older folks - on Christmas! Philip is a very lucky man.

Merry Christmas to all of you here on the Royal Forums as well!

Please treat this with appropriate caution, but the word in my circle is that Prince Philip actually suffered a mild heart attack whilst at Sandringham. Obviously we must await a formal announcement from Buckingham Palace [if they choose to provide details] but I thought that I would mention this here in case it is of interest.

Alex

Thank goodness for the prompt action. I'm glad it was mild. I'm glad they're sharing information with all of us.

All heart attacks are very serious. Mild is a euphemistic attempt at degree.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom