Prince Philip Hospitalised Due to Bladder Infection: June 4-9, 2012

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Hopefully, they'll have a birthday cake and small celebration for him there.

I think she loves all her children in the same way.

I disagree.

Yes she loves them all but it is clear that she is definitely closer to her younger sons then to the older two children. It is also clear that she has a good relationship with Anne and that the child with whom she has the uneasiest relationship is Charles.

With Philip I would say he prefers Anne but also is closer to the younger sons.

That means that although they both love Charles and he them he also knows that they would prefer any of his siblings to himself - sad but to my mind very obvious.

They love all their children, but Charles has written that he had a distant relationship with them, which hurt him. I, believe, to a, certain, extent Camilla fills that roll. Not good or bad, just is.

Last edited by a moderator:
They love all their children, but Charles has written that he had a distant relationship with them, which hurt him. I, believe, to a, certain, extent Camilla fills that roll. Not good or bad, just is.

I too think to a certain extent that Camilla is Charles "parent" and that this just is - plenty of people have similar relationships.

I'm staring to get a little worried about Prince Phillip's condition - he has been in now for quite a while, and the family visits are of very short duration, with small numbers of people. I'm not sure that this was a "precaution." Why are they only staying 20 minutes or so, and why didn't Kate go with William?

The thing that makes me less concerned (although concerned) is that The Queen hasn't visited since Wednesday. If there were really serious concerns she would be at her husband's side not at Sandringham planning a Garden Party for Tuesday of this upcoming week.

The thing that makes me less concerned (although concerned) is that The Queen hasn't visited since Wednesday. If there were really serious concerns she would be at her husband's side not at Sandringham planning a Garden Party for Tuesday of this upcoming week.

True! :)

I'm staring to get a little worried about Prince Phillip's condition - he has been in now for quite a while, and the family visits are of very short duration, with small numbers of people. I'm not sure that this was a "precaution." Why are they only staying 20 minutes or so, and why didn't Kate go with William?

I think a lot of it has to do with Philip's distaste for fuss. He may feel that it's not necessary to keep people in a hospital room for long hours, and keep them from whatever it is that they need to do (which he may feel is more important than being in a hospital room and fussing over him, since I'm sure there are plenty of nurses and doctors who do that day in and day out). Also, he may not want his kids and grandkids to see him at his worst, and therefore create any anxiety. We don't know if they communicate via phone, and if His Highness prefers to chat on the phone rather than having someone come and see him. I know that my godmother, who's around Her Majesty's age absolutely detests being fussed over. She refuses any sort of help around the house, won't have people drop in to see her when she's ill, etc. When she was in the hospital this past December, she didn't want anyone to know about it. The only way we found out was through her tenant, who was kind enough to call my grandmother and inform her that she had to take my godmother to the ER. We need to remember that a lot of elderly people really like to keep as much of their independence as possible, and maybe having short hospital visits is just Philip's way of showing self-sufficiency (and his way of saying that he'd like some peace and quiet :D).

That's been my thought as well. I can't see her- and the entire rest of the family-going about "business as usual" if this was really serious.

I hope he gets well soon.

The Queen may not be visiting every day, but I would not be surprised if she is speaking to Philip by phone every day.

The Queen may not be visiting every day, but I would not be surprised if she is speaking to Philip by phone every day.

It wouldn't surprise me either.

I have no doubts that she is in contact daily, if not more often, and that she is also being kept informed by the medical staff. That is what is making me less concered actually. If she was told 'look ma'am he isn't getting better, in fact he is deteriorating' she would be at his side, not going about her normal business.

A wonderful surprise - Prince Philip has just left hospital! He was looking well as he thanked hospital staff and posed for a few moments for the assembled press to take a few pictures.

A wonderful surprise - Prince Philip has just left hospital! He was looking well as he thanked hospital staff and posed for a few moments for the assembled press to take a few pictures.

:previous:
Great news :lucky:Now he can celebrate his 91st birthday with his family:champagne: :flowers:

Yay!
Wonderful news.

So happy to know he will be with his family now ! Great news !

He couldn't get better birthday gift!

Fantastic news that he will get to spend his birthday at home with his family, especially after missing Christmas as well.

Here's hoping he has a clean bill of health for some time now.

Fantastic news - so glad he is out of hospital for his birthday.

Wonderful! Now he can spend his birthday at home with family!

He looks quite well, too. He is really amazing.
Pss. Eugenie said some lovely things about her grandparents.
Indeed, she did. :)

'Granny and Grandpa are invincible together': But Princess Eugenie admits the Queen would have found Jubilee 'testing' without Philip by her side

Princess Eugenie has told how her grandmother the Queen would have found the final two days of the Diamond Jubilee 'quite testing' without Prince Philip by her side. The Duke of Edinburgh was taken ill on Sunday with a bladder infection, after standing for hours in the teeming rain as the Jubilee River Pageant made its way along the Thames. Nevertheless, the princess described her grandparents as a 'power couple who kind of astound people' as she gave the first interview by a royal following the Diamond Jubilee celebrations.

This is great news! I can't imagine the BRF without Phillip and the Queen!

Back
Top Bottom