Prince Philip Hospitalised Due to Bladder Infection: June 4-9, 2012

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
On Home - ITNSource News has a video of Prince Edward ,Countess of Wessex and their children, Louise and James visiting Prince Phillip :flowers:

James is precious. Lovely video, so good to see them visiting Gramps! They are such cute kids. Nice to know Philip is doing well.

Last edited:
James seemed quite curious about all the photographers calling to his father.

James did look curious, he is so cute. He looks quite like Edward now more than he uaed to. I would be curious if all these strangers were calling my parents names!

Great Video! Love how they both drive by themselves and how Sophie takes care of James in the backseat.

Great that they were there for Philip. I'm sure that was a relief for the Queen, knowing he was not alone and miserable.

What the heck is all that stuff in the trunk of Edwards car? Looks like they've got some furniture with them!

James is precious. Lovely video, so good to see them visiting Gramps! They are such cute kids. Nice to know Philip is doing well.

It's great that Philip was surrounded by family. I'm sure he loved seeing his grandkids this afternoon.

Great Video! Love how they both drive by themselves and how Sophie takes care of James in the backseat.

Great that they were there for Philip. I'm sure that was a relief for the Queen, knowing he was not alone and miserable.

What the heck is all that stuff in the trunk of Edwards car? Looks like they've got some furniture with them!

Or perhaps some sports equipment, because Louise is on some sports teams at her school.

Louise and James are very lovely children. Hope Duke of Edinburgh feels better after their visit.

I loved the security officer who discretely stepped between Sophie and the cameras to shield her from view as she bent over to get James fastened into his car seat.

The Queen hasn't been able to Philip since he left for the hospital on Monday, or so I understand.

Just wondering, though... With the late night yesterday and the early start this morning, perhaps Edward, Sophie and the kids stayed at Buckingham Palace last night? That would explain all the extra stuff in the car.

Thena said:
I loved the security officer who discretely stepped between Sophie and the cameras to shield her from view as she bent over to get James fastened into his car seat.

The Queen hasn't been able to Philip since he left for the hospital on Monday, or so I understand.

Just wondering, though... With the late night yesterday and the early start this morning, perhaps Edward, Sophie and the kids stayed at Buckingham Palace last night? That would explain all the extra stuff in the car.

HM hasn't seen him but they spoke this morning. It makes sense for the royals to stay at BP or Windsor.

HM hasn't seen him but they spoke this morning. It makes sense for the royals to stay at BP or Windsor.

:previous:
Yup, Maybe they stay at BP, Edward and Sophie have apartman at Buckingham Palace, which is their London base :flowers:

I am sure there was blown heat up there, and if I am not mistaken, the top of the barge had a glass covering. These people plan for everything. They know and plan for every possible scenario. They were dry and toast. Standing behind the throne helped.

Is there anyone here who is a medical professional and knows if it is common to have such a long hospitalization for a bladder infection? I'm feeling very concerned. Perhaps it is common when a person is in his nineties?

I followed the whole Thames boats procession to BBC last Sunday!! Prince Philip was in a tremendous form, the more live and happy from the whole group. I can not understand what happened suddenly!
Hope all will be OK, and he will celebrate his birthday among his family in perfect health!!

I can not understand what happened suddenly!

He was taken ill with a urinary tract infection. An infection that would have been present the day of the pageant but was perhaps not as of yet a concern for him. He may not even known he had it that time.

Normally symptoms become evident when the bacteria has been in the system a number of days.

So, when he started to exhibit signs of ill health, he was checked over and taken to hospital by ambulance where treatment could be administered.

These things happen.

Last edited:
He was carriage driving on Monday morning at Windsor before complaining of pains and then being taken to hospital.

He was carriage driving on Monday morning at Windsor before complaining of pains and then being taken to hospital.

That fact right there may be why they're keeping him in the hospital for a couple of days. You can't keep a good man down and Philip's dislike of being mollycoddled is well known. If he's in the hospital, they can be sure of keeping him in bed and a good eye on his recovery. I bet he is chomping at the bits to be released though. For a man of nearly 91, he really is quite remarkable.

Loved this little pic from today's Daily Mail:
Caption is: Prince Philip to his doctor: "First visit and all she said was: "Move Over!"

article-2155111-13782FCC000005DC-498_308x239.jpg

Isn't that sweet? The shoes, the handbag, the hat? Wonder why she didn't bring a corgi, too. But then, it's a hospital room...

Is there anyone here who is a medical professional and knows if it is common to have such a long hospitalization for a bladder infection? I'm feeling very concerned. Perhaps it is common when a person is in his nineties?

Infections can become more problematic for the eldery. Their immune systems aren't as robust and administered treatment often requires generous time frames. As a precaution the elderly are often kept under observation so ensure their health is well restored.

Last edited:
I am sure there was blown heat up there, and if I am not mistaken, the top of the barge had a glass covering. These people plan for everything. They know and plan for every possible scenario. They were dry and toast. Standing behind the throne helped.

The wind and rain didn't come just from above but from an angle - dry up to a point but there were certainly cold.

Loved this little pic from today's Daily Mail:
Caption is: Prince Philip to his doctor: "First visit and all she said was: "Move Over!"

article-2155111-13782FCC000005DC-498_308x239.jpg

Isn't that sweet? The shoes, the handbag, the hat? Wonder why she didn't bring a corgi, too. But then, it's a hospital room...

Oh that is just delightful :ROFLMAO:

Best wishes to HRH for a complete & speedy recovery!

Back
Top Bottom