Prince Philip Hospitalised Due to Bladder Infection: August 15-20, 2012

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I wonder if he is going to take the advice of taking it easy. He is stubborn afterall. Maybe HM will put her foot down and make him do what he has been told. :)

Or maybe she'll plant that foot somewhere else in order to get him to follow doctor's orders ;)

He, I, believe, has an organic problem, she can put her foot anywhere it will not cure it.

What wonderful news! I'm delighted to hear that His Highness is out of the hospital, and can return to Balmoral for some relaxation and quality time with his family.

And Philip being Philip is taking it easy - only one engagement so far since coming out of hospital - receiving a number of military officers - The Duke of Edinburgh, Colonel-in-Chief, The Royal Hamilton Light Infantry (Wentworth Regiment of Canada), this afternoon received Colonel Timothy Hogarth (Honorary Colonel), Lieutenant Colonel Peter Young (Honorary Lieutenant Colonel), Lieutenant Colonel Daniel Stepaniuk (Commanding Officer), Major Gary McQueen (Deputy Commanding Officer), Major Robert Tremblay (Officer Commanding A Company) and Chief Warrant Officer Brian Robinson (Regimental Sergeant Major). From the CC for the 21st August.

its a sit down, tea/coffee and a chat. Enough to keep the brain alert, interesting but not too tiring as they visited him

Yes but it was still an engagement which meant the preparations and formal side of events as well. This type of engagement actually makes up quite a high percentage of royal engagements.

He would have needed to read up on these people and the lastest activities of the unit. He would have had to get into formal clothes - whether a suit or uniform. He would have had to stand while there were formally introduced. All things that for a man who has just been released from hospital and told to take it easy, or so we have been lead to believe, especially at 91, would not find restful.

I imagine wearing a suit isn't that uncomfortable for a guy that wears them everyday, reading up on these men is easily done whilst resting in bed. I also imagine that the visitors took into account Prince Philips illness and he greeted them sat down.

He needs to be active so as not to go crazy in his own mind, resting 24/7 would be so boring.

Dan Stepaniuk used to be the Latin teacher at my high school (Westdale Secondary in Hamilton) and he always led the Remembrance Day services in his military uniform. He even went to Haiti one semester. After I graduated, he became the vice principal at our city's self-paced high school. I never knew he was a member of the Rileys though!

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom