The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 06-03-2011, 08:01 PM
Nobility

Ditto , I would love to do the same.

It was on my mind when Will & Kate were to be married, I wanted to Congratulate them...I never did get around to it,

Please share Her Majestie's BP address..

Thank You....

Old 06-04-2011, 12:20 AM
Heir Apparent

Location: On the west side of North up from Back, United States
I thought about that too quite a few times as I've heard that for the most part, all correspondence is read and acknowledged should it be deemed appropriate even if its a form letter.

I wish my memory was a bit better but this puts me in mind of the story of when William visited an elderly lady, she had remarked about receiving birthday greetings or something from HM for a few years and I guess there was a picture enclosed and the dear said something to William about HM getting another dress or something. Later on that year, this elderly woman was invited to a garden party at BP and met the Queen. Perhaps someone remembers this story better than I but I know its been within the past 2 years as I read it right here on TRF.

Its remarkable I think that no matter who you are or who you write to in the BRF, you kind of have to have faith that your post will be read. Amazing!

Old 06-04-2011, 10:08 AM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrincessNaomiRose View Post
How did you get the address to write her? I'd love to do the same!
Her Majesty The Queen
Buckingham Palace
London SW1A 1AA
UNITED KINGDOM

Old 10-14-2011, 09:37 PM

Post Your Letter From The Queen

Hello,

I recently read a thread a number of threads down about letters to and from the Queen. I plan on writing a letter to the Queen and was just wondering if people can post what you got as a reply after you sent her a letter because I just want to see what I might be expecting from the Queen. (I know she of course does not write them herself) I also would like to ask how long did it take for her to send you a reply and how would the envelope look like.

Thanks!
Old 06-11-2012, 07:34 AM
Courtier

I plucked up the courage to write to The Queen for the Diamond Jubilee earlier in this year. I felt a bit silly writing about how much I admire the Queen and her family and all the work they do and have done over the years, but as I put it in the post box (with a stamp with the Queen's picture on it, of course) I felt glad I had done it. I received a generic printed Diamond Jubilee card in return as well as a portrait of HM The Queen which I requested on a little note I put in addressed to the Lady-in-Waiting who I know reads the letters from TV. I know they send out thousands of them every year but I still felt very touched to get this in the mail - and was very glad it arrived on the day of the Service of Thanksgiving
Old 06-11-2012, 07:41 AM
Royal Highness

Well done! I've still never written to the Queen or any of her family because of similar reasons, never having written before why suddenly write now kind of thing, but your post is very encouraging and hopefully i and many others will write!
Old 06-20-2012, 03:27 PM
Serene Highness

What a wonderful experience. I too have never written to the Queen but have often thought about it. I suppose I havent done it thinking I would not get a response. I suppose it cant hurt to just do it, what is the worse that can happen? Who knows, I could be pleasantly surprised right? Oh heck, I think I shall do it now. Wish me luck and by the way, do I begin with Your Majesty?
Old 06-20-2012, 03:34 PM
Heir Presumptive

Good luck, Lady Gabrielle. We know the Queen reads a selection of mail she receives so you may get lucky. The Debretts website has a whole section of writing to the Queen:

Communicating with The Queen - Forms of Address, Royal Family
Old 08-02-2012, 10:39 AM
Administrator

One of our members based in Bangladesh recently sent a card to Her Majesty on the occasion of the Diamond Jubilee.
It is noteworthy that the letter he received in reply is not a generic word processor-produced "thank you", but relates specifically to what he had sent.

v The member has given permission for the reply to be reproduced here.
CPB-486617
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Letter from BP.jpg
Views:	181
Size:	104.3 KB
ID:	286233  
Old 08-02-2012, 12:32 PM
Heir Presumptive

Lovely letter, and from Lady Susan Hussey, too. A letter to be treasured I'm sure.
Old 08-02-2012, 12:38 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by EIIR View Post
Lovely letter, and from Lady Susan Hussey, too. A letter to be treasured I'm sure.
yes indeed - The A Team of Ladies In Waiting.... one of William's god mothers too
Old 08-04-2012, 12:11 PM
Courtier

It's very interesting, as the Diamond Jubilee usual reply was an illustrated card.

I actually received a specific reply to my wishes for the Queen's 80th birthday because I had enclosed a poem about the Queen, which was briefly mentioned in the letter from the Palace. (sorry for the bad scan).
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	lettera1.jpg
Views:	141
Size:	74.1 KB
ID:	286239  

Tags
correspondence, elizabeth ii, letters, queen elizabeth ii, wedding anniversary