Lead-up to the Diamond Wedding Aniversary: November 20, 2007

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.

PrincessofEurope

Heir Apparent
City
Wiltshire
Country
United Kingdom
With the 60th wedding anniversary of the Queen and the Duke of Edinburgh this year i though it would be a good idea to look back at previous celebrations of wedding anniversaries such as the 25th and 50th. Do any members have pics to share of these anniversaries

Last edited by a moderator:
I suposse lord snowdon is paid for this picture.

Wow. That's cool. It almost seems like they are looking at each other saying "Well, we've had a good ride!" Nothing passionate but not adverse, either. Just comfortable. And good. I sure salute them!!
Lord Snowdon has a gift, hasn't he?

There Love is no matter how you cut is monumental :)

The photo is lovely and shows how much more life this couple has yet to live!!!!

My wish for their Diamond Anniversary is we have an engagement announcement for a spring wedding from William and Kate!

i dont see kate and william marrying any time soon. the photo is lovely and i hope they have a wonderful diamond anniversary party.

I Cant wait till November 19th. Wonder who will atend, this seems the perfect time for William to bring Kate into the public eye. Maybe on that day she will (I Hope) make him a Knight of the Garter and Duke of Cambridge

I wouldn't get your hopes up about Kate. I don't think they'd want to overshadow the diamond anniversary with an engagement announcement or anything else of that sort or people will ignore the anniversary altogether. As a rule, the royals tend to time these sorts of things so that they don't clash.

I think an engagement announcement right now would be horrible timing. The Queen and Philip have made it so far, they should have at least one moment that is all about them, and likewise, a REAL engagement announcement should be special for the couple involved, and as the Wedding Anniversary is already there, at the same time each year it should have precedence, since they aren't going to go back in time and say, hey, lets get married a couple months from now so that our future grandson and his future fiancee can announce their engagement before our 60th wedding anniversary........... An announcement can be made anytime, and if they truly love each other, it shouldn't matter how long they have to wait. Younger generations need to learn patience. Sure, they could tell the Queen and Philip that they want to get married, and they would probably be delighted, but leave the public out of it for now.

There has been very little information about the Diamond Wedding Anniversary, only the Service so far. Buckingham Palace still maintain nothing else has yet been arranged. I'm sure that there will be a guildhall/mansion house Luncheon, some kind of dinner party possibly with European Royals and perhaps a broadcast by The Prince of Wales. So far I can't even find any TV programmes made for the event. Strange since it is only a month away now.

There has been very little information about the Diamond Wedding Anniversary, only the Service so far. Buckingham Palace still maintain nothing else has yet been arranged. I'm sure that there will be a guildhall/mansion house Luncheon, some kind of dinner party possibly with European Royals and perhaps a broadcast by The Prince of Wales. So far I can't even find any TV programmes made for the event. Strange since it is only a month away now.
True, i really look forward to see European Royals gather in England again. There have been more and more Royals in each Royal Houses in recent years, and they may have not met the Queen yet. It'd be a great occasion for big gathering.

Ah, what a stunning picture indeed. The idea of a gathering of European royals in London is a great idea! I do hope that this event takes place! Congratulations to Queen Elizabeth II and Prince Phillip on a long marriage!

60 years of marriage is quite an accomplishment. Lord Snowdon's new portrait of the Queen and Prince Philip is beautiful I really like how they are looking at each other. I also like how they released a picture taken on their wedding day and now 60 years later.

True, but she will have the service and any other celebrtations the previous day, perhaps a Luncheon on the actual day?

I know I'm probably asking a lot, but should I expect any kind of quality coverage (not a few live clips on BBC World News) in the USA? I think I already know the answer.

What a wonderful picture Snowdon has taken!

What a nice photo!

I see a couple comfortable with themselves -- and in each other -- who has survived a lifetime of ups and downs.

I gave today noticed on the Royal Website that the line "other events will be listed here wehn they become available" has been removed from the diamond wedding anniversary announcement Media centre > Event highlights > Diamond wedding anniversary so perhaps the celebrations will be rather scaled down.
That'd be strange, as Her Majesty has chosen not to celebrate her 80 birthday big in order to save it for her Diamond Wedding anniversary, but celebrating it smaller, not that cool, i hope it would be more glittering and with more royal gatherings.

who's gonna be invited for the party??? only their closed family or will we have the chance to see all the royal families in a big reception in London???

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom