Lead-up to the Diamond Wedding Aniversary: November 20, 2007

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I Still see that shy Dutiful 21 Year old in her expression and in him the adoring Navy Lt Something very "William and Kate" in that Photo
Beautiful.
And He adores her so sweet looking into her eyes.

isnt it They are a Testiment to True Love!

Last edited by a moderator:
You can see she just adores her husband...a wondeful example of a beautiful and loving marriage.

Levy, Geoffrey and Richard Kay: "His Royal Grumpiness: But 60 years on...." The Daily Mail, 10 November 2007

Palace staff have started a collection to buy them a gift of crockery. A private celebration lunch for 150 at Windsor Castle is planned for their anniversary eve.

Just what Prince Philip is giving the Queen to mark their diamond wedding on November 20 remains a royal secret, but friends recall that 60 years ago the rakish naval officer personally designed his bride's engagement ring, made with diamonds given him by his mother.

"Oh, they were so lovely together - he so vigorous and good-looking, and she so beautiful," recalls the Queen's lifelong friend and fellow octogenarian Pru Penn - Lady Penn, widow of Sir Eric, who was the Queen's Comptroller.

Now the Queen is 81 and Philip 86 and "she does worry about him," says Lady Penn, "especially when he wants to do things he shouldn't do, like carriage driving - in case he falls or hurts himself."

True to type, the Queen's husband leaves nothing to chance, not even growing old. Wherever he goes, his exercise "chest expanders" - sprung metal coils with a handle at each end, made popular more than half a century ago by former bodybuilder Charles Atlas - are in his luggage.

Yeah, I know..... it's so cute, but also a relief to me because it means that The Duke is doing everything he can to extend his life, in a healthy way, so that he will be around to be her chief aide for many more years.... I don't ever want to lose him. He is truly not just awesome for HM. He is an awesome asset for Britain and the world. He must know it too because he is doing what he can do to ensure he remains (as he himself might put it in his self-effacingly witty way) a good solid pain in our rears for many years to come. Long live The Duke! :wub:

"Pains in the rear" can be great things......they tend to spur us into action! :D

"His Royal Grumpiness"! :lol:

Seriously, though, I love the apples anecdote. Friendship and liveliness, those two.

Wow royal couple will diamond Wedding Anniversary!!! They is active and high age!!! They have children and grandchildren,relatives to royal family of Windsor.

They will also unveil a plaque on the Jubilee Walkway in parliament square after the Service of Celebration next Monday, still no other events to mark the anniversary though.

There is a great deal of pictures etc. in the current issue of "majesty magazine". I flipped through some pages - didn't buy it ;( (I should have). Looked like great coverage of the wedding, etc. - beautiful big pictures!

According to the discussions by members of the British Royal Message Board, there will be foreign royals gather for the Thanksgiving Service, also there will be a Ball at Windsor Castle for 150 guests. It'd be great to see more royals gathering again!

we don't know yet who's gonna be invited???

A ball? I'm excited about it even though I'm not involved. :lol:
And I can't wait to see the Queen's dress. :flowers:

HELLO! celebrates the Queen's 60 years of marriage

To mark the approach of Queen Elizabeth and Prince Philip's diamond wedding anniversary on November 20, this week's edition of HELLO! magazine is a special royal issue featuring 60 fascinating facts about the couple's rock-solid partnership.
HELLO! celebrates the Queen's 60 years of marriage

Will the service be broadcast in America or BBC America?

BBC America will probably have some breakins into BBC World News in the morning, but I doubt there will be anything more. That's all they showed for the service for the Queen's 80th birthday.

On next Sunday ( 18th November) The Prince of Wales and the Duchess of Cornwall will host a dinner to celebrate the Diamond Wedding Anniversary of the Queen and the Duke of Edinburgh. 20 members of the Royal family will attend the evening.
I´m not sure whether it will take place at Clarence House or Highgrove. (I coudn´t find a reliable source yet)

On next Sunday ( 18th November) The Prince of Wales and the Duchess of Cornwall will host a dinner to celebrate the Diamond Wedding Anniversary of the Queen and the Duke of Edinburgh. 20 members of the Royal family will attend the evening.
I´m not sure whether it will take place at Clarence House or Highgrove. (I coudn´t find a reliable source yet)

That will be interesting - hope we get some picture. How lovely it would be if HM received some beautiful new diamonds....

Beautiful pictures! :) I had most of them, but these are better quality.

It's a very nice picture, but it would look better if they didn't have it reversed.

I'd like to know more about that, if you would like to share. :prettyplease:

Queen and Prince Philip recreate honeymoon photo to mark 60 years of wedded bliss | the Mail on Sunday (more nice pics)
The Royal couple will tomorrow mark their milestone with a special service of thanksgiving at Westminster Abbey where they married.
Some 2,000 people will gather for the celebration, the day before their actual anniversary.
As well as more than 30 members of the Royal Family - including the Prince of Wales, the Duchess of Cornwall, Prince William and Prince Harry - Gordon Brown and Baroness Thatcher are among the guests,
Future king William, 25, will give a reading, while the Archbishop of Canterbury, Dr Rowan Williams, will bless the Queen and the Duke and deliver the address.
Dame Judi Dench will read a specially commissioned poem by the Poet Laureate Andrew Motion.

Abbey choirboys back by royal appointment - Telegraph
The schoolboy choristers who sang at the Queen's wedding 60 years ago have been invited to return to Westminster Abbey to play a role in Monday's service to celebrate her diamond anniversary.
Five of the 22 choirboys will carry candles in the procession, while others will be watching from the pews.

Prince Andrew offers insight into his parents' enduring marriage
Speaking to ITN News, Andrew revealed his thoughts on the key to the royal couple's long-lasting marriage. "They recognise the fact that marriage is a partnership between two people," said the Prince. "Compromises have to be met on both sides, life has to continue, and in that life there has to be an element of discipline."

"It's such a challenge for any working family, juggling home life and work life," he added. "They never ever forgot their parental responsibilities. I remember being read to by my father on regular occasions."

The Queen and Prince Philip celebrate 60 years - Telegraph
William's anniversary reading for the Queen - Telegraph

Last edited:
How great seeing the photo in Hampshire that the Queen and Prince Philip just "recreated" again to mark the Anniversary!How warm and beautiful picture it is!Really sweet!I really wish the Queen and Prince Philip more years coming for their marriage.

It is beautiful now photo on Queen Elizabeth and Prince Philip. It same photo 1947 and 2007 on Queen Elizabeth and Prince Philips dress! Prince Philip see out good healt and high age. Queen Elizabeth is much beautiful dress and see out good healt. Wow wow 60 year diamond Wedding Anniversary on 20 nov!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom