General News for Queen Elizabeth II and Prince Philip 2: March 2017 - April 2021

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Australian TV is reporting media is assembling outside Buckingham Palace.

All of the information about media assembling outside the Palace seems to spring from one single tweet of a VERY low-resolution photograph.

Likewise, the "French media" reports seem to be a snake eating itself. Everyone is reporting reports but nobody is actually saying who reported it, let alone providing evidence of it.

The DM has had news of this meeting on its sight for over three hours - based on the oldest comment on there - so it seems it was called in the 'middle of the night' - or at least the reports were 'in the middle of the night'.

It wouldn't be the first time Twitter has "accidentally" declared someone dead when they're still alive and kicking. :whistling:

It wouldn't be the first time Twitter has "accidentally" declared someone dead when they're still alive and kicking. :whistling:

No it wouldn't and it's entirely possible everything is fine. I hope that's the case.

The reports of the meeting mean I still want to wait up to find out though.

I hope this is not true. Philip, Duke of Edinburgh is a strong man. Strong man. Prince Charles will be immediately the next Duke of Edinburgh, and Prince William will certainly get the title Earl of Merioneth. I hope this is not true.

Has it been definitely reported that he called in the middle of the night, or was the meeting called at some earlier time, with word of it only reaching the press in the middle of the night?

A good point!

I hope this is not true. Philip, Duke of Edinburgh is a strong man. Strong man. Prince Charles will be immediately the next Duke of Edinburgh, and Prince William will certainly get the title Earl of Merioneth. I hope this is not true.

No the next DOE will be The Earl and Countess of Wessex. That has been known for years

Really? Is this time for title information that is half wrong? William doesn't need to use a courtesy title.

More reporters saying that this news was false and Queen and Philip are fine.

Instead of sad news, I wonder if Harry and Meghan are engaged and this is why the meeting was called.

Another picture from outside the palace, this time of what looks like some camera positions being prepared. (Although of course we don't know that they know anything else. They could be there because of the speculation, not because of any special information.)

They didn't call the palace staff in for William's engagement and he is the future King. Not doing it for Harry.

Some possibilities if the Queen and Philip are still alive:

1) One of them has had a health scare, like a heart attack or a stroke or something.
2) Something happened to another member of the royal family, i.e. Prince Charles, Camilla, William, Kate, etc.

No the next DOE will be The Earl and Countess of Wessex. That has been known for years

Edward will eventually be Duke. But like any other peerage, the Duke of Edinburgh is inherited in the normal route, by eldest son. The title merges with the crown when Charles is king. The intention is for it to be recreated for Edward at that point. But between the death of Philip and the queen, Charles will be Duke.

If the Queen or Philip had some sort of medical emergency that could be treated they would have taken them to the hospital ASAP

Both The Queen and Philip had engagements yesterday, so if there’s been an illness or a death it would have been a stoke or a heart attack and very sudden.
I’m also thinking that a possible terrorist threat might warrant a sudden meeting. That would be my best case scenario.

This isn't a standard meeting. I know the lord chamberlain calls them, but are we seriously to believe he calls them in the middle of the night :ermm: it might not be a death, but certainly something.

And if it isn't something serious then they should do these type things differently because of course we are going to think the worst with the royal couple the age they are.

Yeah likely a terrorist scare. Maybe a threat to BP or something. That would be likely considering recent events.

Instead of sad news, I wonder if Harry and Meghan are engaged and this is why the meeting was called.

Why would they summon the staff of balmoral and other homes to announce an engagement :ermm:

Certainly didn't happen with William, why Harry? I would also suspect Meghan would be in the UK if such an announcement was cause. And she isn't.

Yeah likely a terrorist scare. Maybe a threat to BP or something. That would be likely considering recent events.

If there was a terrorist threat at the palace, would they be summoning people there? Highly unlikely. They would be shipping the queen and any royals living at the palace to Windsor or some where else.

Not saying it might not be security related, but that seems vastly unrealistic. If there was concern for the palace, they wouldn't summon more people into it.

Last edited by a moderator:
This was the first report on today's 3.00pm national TV channel 9's afternoon news broadcast.

They are saying that "speculation building around the world".

Reporting that news crews are gathering outside Buckingham Palace.

If it's a security issue, why would you call people to the security target? Couldn't you just tell the people in Scotland in Scotland? You could probably skype it to the various palaces.

Yes if it was security that bad wouldn't the Queen and staff be evacuated

I still wonder if alls ok why they wouldn't make a statement even if it's the middle of the night.

Last edited by a moderator:
What's weird is NZ sources saying Philip and Queen are fine but the silence from BBC. Why would BP talk to only certain people and not the BBC?

This is from a verified account of a news anchor in Canada.

IMG_7500.JPG

Is Sky News reliable? I'm unable to watch bbc news.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom