General News for Queen Elizabeth II and Prince Philip 2: March 2017 - April 2021

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm noticing that the #BuckinghamPalace is trending upward by 1000 tweets every couple of minutes now.

Royal reporters like Richard Palmer claiming that their sources and "BP press officers" tell them that no one has died should be taken with a grain of salt, methinks. BP would neither confirm nor deny anything to tabloid journalists if someone truly has died. And sadly, I can't think of any other kind of announcement that warrants this amount of hullaballoo than the announcement that someone has died or is gravely ill.

What we can be sure of is that they're expecting crowds when there's police presence and metal railings going up. :ermm:

So if there wasn't going to be an announcement at 8 AM, I'm sure they are scrambling to make an announcement now! :ROFLMAO:

What we can be sure of is that they're expecting crowds when there's police presence and metal railings going up. :ermm:

They're expecting crowds, but that could be because of the rumors, not because of what's actually happening. It could be a bizarre positive feedback loop where the rumor causes reactions which fuel the rumors even more.

Bbc and other news outlets seem to have been told they are to expect an announcement in the next twenty minutes now. Any speculation of what that is, is just that, speculation. But the announcement of some kind is forthcoming.

Royal reporters like Richard Palmer claiming that their sources and "BP press officers" tell them that no one has died should be taken with a grain of salt, methinks. BP would neither confirm nor deny anything to tabloid journalists if someone truly has died. And sadly, I can't think of any other kind of announcement that warrants this amount of hullaballoo than the announcement that someone has died or is gravely ill.

Richard Palmer denying a death makes me think something has happened. He's not exactly known for being right....

:previous: Yes, I can see your point. Oh well, I'm going to make a cup of tea to drink at announcement time.

I have been having very anxious feelings and as the Queen and the Duke are in vulnerable ages too...

Can everyone please keep us Americans informed as well.

Someone on twitter made a good guess. Could just be about renovations. Or maybe Prince Philip retiring.

According to the news here in Australia the 'emergency' meeting is just beginning. No announcement as whatever it is that is calling the staff to BP is being told to them now.

Well its 8am and no major news yet...

Here's what I'm thinking:

1. The press is getting too excited over something they do not know that's why there's such a buzz.
2. Both the Queen and the DoE are well because otherwise they'd have been transferred to a hospital.
3. It's either the change of agenda, some other member's health or a major scandal!
4. I'm starting to believe that staff could have been notified so late out of error!

As the meeting was only due to begin at 8.00 a.m. I wouldn't expect any announcement for some time yet - unless it is a death - which as that hasn't been announced I would say it isn't.

I am wondering whether it is something like The Queen and Charles to be 'joint monarchs' or even a Regency even though the Queen seems fine. Maybe she has come to realise that although she is still mentally capable it is way too tiring and she would be better having Charles do even more of the work while she will only appear at a few special events each year - an abdication in all but the 'a' word.

It is most unlikely that the Queen would announce an abdication or so to her summoned staff first. In all monarchies where an abdication took place (the Vatican, the Netherlands, Belgium, Spain) staff knew it at the same time as the public.

My guess is that the Court Organization will be changed and/or the plans for the restoration of Buckingham Palace will be discussed.

Oh for goodness sake! They just said that it has nothing to do with the health of either one of them. What the heck would it be?

Oh for goodness sake! They just said that it has nothing to do with the health of either one of them. What the heck would it be?

I hope it's something else, but on the other hand: what are they supposed to say before the official announcement?

Just out of curiosity, are flags lowered in case of a death in the royal family?

The Telegraph has put up a live feed of the outside of the Palace. It's more sedate than I was expecting based on the supposed hubbub.

It could be about the renovation. The money was recently approved by Parliament.

It is most unlikely that the Queen would announce an abdication or so to her summoned staff first. In all monarchies where an abdication took place (the Vatican, the Netherlands, Belgium, Spain) staff knew it at the same time as the public.

My guess is that the Court Organization will be changed and/or the plans for the restoration of Buckingham Palace will be discussed.

How others choice to do things is irrelevant to how the British do it.

The British also have to inform the PMs etc of the other realms before any announcements and that is a very good reason why senior staff (and that is what we are talking about not all the staff) would be told first - so they can get on the phones etc to the other realms.

Reports now that there'll be an announcement at 10:00 a.m.

All those speculations are good and valid points - but why an "emergency" meeting at 3am?
*** Just thinking loud ***
BYe Bine

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom