The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 05-03-2017, 11:45 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by HRHHermione View Post
If that is true, I think something very bad has happened. I truly hope that is not the case and that everyone is ok.
Same here but I have a bad feeling about his for some reason. why else would the Royal family be called at this time of night? and now Police and Press are now gathering outside

Old 05-03-2017, 11:47 PM
Heir Presumptive

There is a lot of (unconfirmed) speculation on twitter that something has happened to Philip.

Old 05-03-2017, 11:55 PM
Imperial Majesty

Okay, I don't scare easily, but you guys are giving me a fright here. What's going on guys?

A.W. TOZER
Old 05-03-2017, 11:58 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dman View Post
Okay, I don't scare easily, but you guys are giving me a fright here. What's going on guys?

No one really knows yet. Only confirmed information is that an emergency meeting has been called in the middle of the night for all of the Queen's staff- from Balmoral and other residences as well.

Anyone reading this should take this with a big grain of salt right now, but twitter rumors are flying that Prince Philip has passed away. If true, according to protocol plans released several years ago, it would be announced after 8AM.

Let's all hope that this is not true and that the rumor mill is wrong.
Old 05-04-2017, 12:00 AM
Heir Apparent

At the moment it is all unconfirmed Twitter posts. Would the Press gather outside BP on these sorts of reports, though? In case of the death of any senior Royal I thought British news outlets including the BBC were informed immediately in code. Perhaps Prince Philip is ill?
Old 05-04-2017, 12:02 AM
Imperial Majesty

I hope nothing big has happened but I doubt a regular meeting would be held at this time.

A.W. TOZER
Old 05-04-2017, 12:05 AM
Aristocracy

General News for Queen Elizabeth II and Prince Philip Part 2: March 2017

Yahoo is all reporting on the emergency meeting. https://www.facebook.com/bandit188/p...55167083933418
I got a link through a friend on Facebook

Sent from my iPad using The Royals Community mobile app
Old 05-04-2017, 12:08 AM
Courtier

Apparently, there an announcement coming at 8am London Time
Old 05-04-2017, 12:09 AM
Serene Highness

Reports are on some news sites that roads around Buckingham Palace are being closed by the police, that various outside broadcast vans are setting up and that members of the Royal Family have been called.

No official confimation, though some photos posted.

Is it 3.30am in London at the moment? This breaking in the early hours of the morning adds weight that it is more than just about renovations.
Old 05-04-2017, 12:10 AM
Aristocracy

How serious is this ?

Sent from my iPad using The Royals Community mobile app
Old 05-04-2017, 12:11 AM
Heir Presumptive

It's on all news reports here in Australia. I have a feeling it's Phillip. I'm sure if it wasn't serious they would be saying something to calm everyone down.
Old 05-04-2017, 12:25 AM
Commoner

Buckingham Palace is trending on Twitter.
Discrimination still exists. Some people feel that their own beliefs are being threatened. Some are unhappy about unfamiliar cultures. They all need to be reassured that there is so much to be gained by reaching out to others; that diversity is indeed a strength and not a threat.
Old 05-04-2017, 12:29 AM
Aristocracy

My feeling is that it's the Queen
Old 05-04-2017, 12:35 AM
Heir Apparent

But if it's the death of the Queen isn't that news passed on straight away? Is there a news blackout on BP websites from now until 8am London time? I guess that we will have to await an official announcement.
Old 05-04-2017, 12:36 AM
Majesty

If Prince Philip has passed away, it's very sudden. He had an engagement at Lord's Cricket Ground just yesterday. :-(
Old 05-04-2017, 12:38 AM
Serene Highness

Please continue to post. Here in the U.S. we will be the last to know.
Old 05-04-2017, 12:38 AM
Heir Apparent

Didn't they say during the Christmas cold it wouldn't be announced until 8am even if it's the Queen? They would wake up the royals but it would not be announced until the morning if something happened at night.
Old 05-04-2017, 12:39 AM
Serene Highness

What's going on? There is no news in the U.S. about anything. Please keep posting.
Old 05-04-2017, 12:39 AM
Aristocracy

Maybe an abdication announcement? This is right on the heels of what was described as an "unusually long" meeting between Theresa May and HM today.
Old 05-04-2017, 12:41 AM
Aristocracy

It's local Election Day in the U.K. today it has got to be something big as they would avoid announcing anything today and wouldn't be calling staff who would be voting locally to a emergency meeting.

Tags
duke of edinburgh, general news, prince philip, queen elizabeth ii