The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 04-21-2019, 09:11 AM
Imperial Majesty

Happy Birthday to Queen Elizabeth from the Royal Regiment of Scotland as Queen is Regiment’s Colonel-in-Chief.

https://www.facebook.com/TheBritishM...775301015/?t=2

Old 04-22-2019, 11:17 AM
Majesty

Wonderfull Lady,she Reigns longer then my age...which Always makes me feel younger then I am...

Old 05-05-2019, 07:04 AM
Imperial Majesty
Royal Blogger

So this is completely unsubstantiated, I personally haven’t seen him, but Prince Philip was apparently seen in the market town of Nantwich in Cheshire yesterday. I work just outside of Nantwich, and one of my colleagues saw him in the town. Whether he was mistake or not, I’m not sure.
Old 05-06-2019, 08:18 AM
Administrator

The Duke of Edinburgh was spotted with his horses again:

** dm article: Prince Philip, 97, looks relaxed during a carriage ride in the grounds of Windsor Castle..**
Old 05-06-2019, 04:49 PM
Heir Apparent
Royal Blogger

Fantastic to see Philip still carriage riding. He has an incredible stamina... as someone who is many decades younger than him, I'm jealous!

"Think of all the beauty still left around you and be happy". Anne Frank
Old 05-17-2019, 09:22 AM
Imperial Majesty
Royal Blogger

York Minster proposes new square named for the Queen

My childhood home town is honouring The Queen.
Old 05-25-2019, 11:24 PM
Courtier

^ looks like a lovely setting.
Old 06-08-2019, 03:29 AM
Imperial Majesty

The Queen was spotted on Thursday afternoon in Notting Hill leaving the home of her cousin Lady Elizabeth Anson, who turned 78 the next day.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...ting-Hill.html
Old 06-08-2019, 05:34 AM
Majesty

I do hope it will be dry today during the Trooping the Colour ceremony at Horse Guards Parade!!Have a lovely day Ma 'am.
Old 06-08-2019, 06:24 AM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by eya View Post
The Queen was spotted on Thursday afternoon in Notting Hill leaving the home of her cousin Lady Elizabeth Anson, who turned 78 the next day.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...ting-Hill.html
It's easy to forget that the Royals aren't her only family. Elizabeth Bowes-Luxon did not come from a small family and it makes sense there is a whole set of cousins she may be really close or classify as her family.
Old 07-06-2019, 06:58 AM
Imperial Majesty

The Duke of Edinburgh is pictured with Penny, the Countess Mountbatten of Burma, around the Queen’s private Sandringham estate in Norfolk

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/D-vwQWpWsAU96fG.jpg
Old 07-09-2019, 11:59 AM
Imperial Majesty

Prince Philip carriage driving near Flitcham, Norfolk, today 9 July

https://www.rexfeatures.com/livefeed...tcham,_norfolk
Old 07-10-2019, 04:01 PM
Imperial Majesty
Royal Blogger

Quote:
Someone has scaled the perimeter of Buckingham Palace and got into the grounds. Apprehended pretty quickly, I’m told. The Queen was there at the time. She had just returned from a visit to Cambridge.
https://twitter.com/chrisshipitv/sta...25870839013377

The gentleman in question was arrested at 2pm, The Queen was inside the building at the time.
https://twitter.com/chrisshipitv/sta...27590184886272

It's just over, by a day, 37 years since Michael Fagan entered Buckingham Palace.
Old 07-10-2019, 05:04 PM
Heir Presumptive

I read somewhere it was 2am, so I assume at least HM was likely asleep. Apparently he made it over the gate and was banging on the doors (which were luckily locked)
Old 10-05-2019, 06:28 PM
Super Moderator
Picture of the Week Coordinator

Elton John has a new book out and he shares a story about the Queen and Viscount Linley.

Quote:
While at a party, the Rocketman claims, QEII asked her nephew, Viscount Linley, to watch over his sister, Lady Sarah Armstrong-Jones, because she wasn’t feeling well and had left the festivities to go rest. Linley had no interest in doing so.

“When he [Linley] repeatedly tried to fob her off, the Queen lightly slapped him across the face, saying ‘Don’t’ – slap – ‘argue’ – slap – ‘with’ – slap – ‘me’ – slap – ‘I’ – slap – ‘am’ – slap – ‘THE QUEEN!'”

Link to article
Supposedly when the Queen caught Elton watching the exchange, she winked at him and walked away.

Not sure the Queen would appreciate Elton telling this story.
Old 10-05-2019, 06:39 PM
Imperial Majesty
Royal Blogger

How ridiculous. What a pathetic attempt to make money.
Old 10-05-2019, 06:55 PM
Heir Apparent
Royal Blogger

Elton John has often used his royal connections for clout. Not too long ago, he rushed to the defence of the Sussexes over their usage of a private jet, highlighting the fact that Harry was the son of "his dearest friend". Surely he must have enough money by now?

"Think of all the beauty still left around you and be happy". Anne Frank
Old 10-28-2019, 03:34 PM
Imperial Majesty

A newly released portrait of the Queen was published by Hello! magazine today to mark the publication of her dressmaker Angela Kelly’s book The Other Side of the Coin: The Queen, the Dresser and the Wardrobe.

https://i.dailymail.co.uk/1s/2019/10...2281297543.jpg
Old 10-28-2019, 05:39 PM
Heir Presumptive

I'm intrigued that HM has permitted her closest aide to write a book (with it seems official permission, I read that Angela Kelly had received a letter of permission from the Queen's Private Secretary not just lawyers as is usual).
Old 10-28-2019, 08:55 PM
Majesty

I love the photo Hello published, she looks like she's having fun.

As to Angela Kelly, she is a very close confidant of HM, a relationship that has evolved over the years. HM is a great exponent of credit where credit is due and AK worked her way up literally from the bottom to the top and further.

She has enabled the Queen to have total confidence that her wardrobe will cut it and let's face it, she's never had and outfit. She's even dressed HM in neon and made her look great, in fact, I think she has managed to keep her looking contemporary and yet enabled her to enjoy her passion for florals by using block-coloured coats thus creating an almost monochrome public wardrobe.

But the most important thing is AK's expertise and intimate knowledge of exactly what HM likes and more importantly, what she doesn't, allows HM to spend a lot less time on her wardrobe knowing that AK will never trend toward dressing her like a harmless little old lady who ends up being spoken down to in the nicest possible way of course.

At 93, Queen Elizabeth is a power dresser who, with a whimsical embellishment on her perfectly coordinated hat, always looks regal and has a formidable mien that could metaphorically stop a train in its tracks with a glance then turn and smile as she accepts a bouquet from a child!

Credit where credit is due.

Tags
duke of edinburgh, general news, prince philip, queen elizabeth ii