General News for Queen Elizabeth II and Prince Philip 2: March 2017 - April 2021

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
A lot of what is perceived as "favoring" the Cambridge children actually is the "Firm" side of things that goes out to the general public. The public side of the "Firm" and the people in it is what we, the public, get to hear about and it's to be expected. However, as a family unit in private, that remains private.

We have to always remember that we're the outsiders trying to peer in. ?

A lot of what is perceived as "favoring" the Cambridge children actually is the "Firm" side of things that goes out to the general public. The public side of the "Firm" and the people in it is what we, the public, get to hear about and it's to be expected. However, as a family unit in private, that remains private.

We have to always remember that we're the outsiders trying to peer in. ?

I agree. On the official side of things William and his children are different than the rest of the grandchildren and their families. They’re the future of the BRF, full stop. The picture being released is an official one of The Queen and the Duke of Edinburgh, not a private family picture of Elizabeth and Philip. The couple in the photograph represents the past 70 plus years of the Royal Family; the card is from the children who will most likely be its representatives for the next 70 years or more.

The Cambridge children are set apart from the rest of the great grandchildren.That doesn’t necessarily mean they’re favoured in private life. The Queen was always said to adore Peter Phillips despite the fact that in public life she’s the Queen and he’s plain old Peter Phillips. Within the family he’s the firstborn grandchild and may well be his grandparents’ golden boy, but we’d never see an official picture of The Queen and DoE looking at a card from Peter and his children instead of one from George, Charlotte and Louis.

The Sussexes probably feel shaded and their fans. I think the reason is because Harry is the son of the heir to the throne.

Anyhow, The Queen and Phillip look great. 73 years is amazing!

Savannah Phillips, Isla Phillips, Mia Tindall, Lena Tindall [great-grandchildren] and Lady Louise Windsor & James, Viscount Severn [grandchildren] are not mentioned either. Archie is not the only one excluded. One can support the Sussexes without bashing or making cynical/snide comments on the Royal Family :whistling:

George, Charlotte and Louis are children of the future king, senior working royal members and are most likely to be expected to have more prominent public roles in the future. Savannah, Isla, Mia and Lena are not children of senior working royal nor expected to become working royals in future. Lady Louise Windsor and James, Viscount Severn will most likely choose their career path and probably not use their HRH Prince/Princess titles when they both turn 18. Their parents (Peter Phillips, Autumn Phillips, Zara Tindall, Mike Tindall and Earl & Countess of Wessex) probably wants them to have little public roles possible, apart from major royal family appearances (Trooping of the Colour, Christmas in Sandringham, weddings , photos celebrating major milestone- Queen's 90th birthday etc.). Baby Brooksbank probably would raise in similar ways to the children of the Wessexes, Phillips and Tindalls rather than the Cambridges.

I'm sure The Queen and Prince Philip loves all her great-grandchildren dearly, regardless of external circumstances. Just look at Princess Beatrice and Princess Eugenie's relationship with The Queen and Prince Philip, despite tension between the princesses' parents and Prince Philip (mostly Sarah and Philip). Perhaps (in my opinion) The Queen agrees with wishes of the Phillips and Tindalls for not focusing on the cards send by Savannah, Isla, Mia and Lena, given that they are most likely to live private citizens and not wanting extra attention.

The Royal Family has released the picture on their twitter account. The post did mention Prince George, Princess Charlotte and Prince Louis.
The Royal Family @RoyalFamily
The Queen and The Duke of Edinburgh look at an anniversary card made by Prince George, Princess Charlotte and Prince Louis, alongside other cards and letters sent by well-wishers to celebrate their 73rd wedding anniversary tomorrow.
[Camera with flash] Chris Jackson/Getty images
9:02 AM · Nov 20, 2020·Twitter for iPhone​

I agree with you suztav, some of the Sussex Squad members have been acting ridiculously, especially after the Queen's Christmas speech last year and the photo of the line of succession. Mind you, this isn't their worst behaviour :whistling:

I honestly don’t think the mention of the Cambridge kids has much to do with George being a future king. Like I mentioned above, they are the youngest outside of Archie...and that card is brilliantly colored, perhaps showing up better in a photo.

Being annoyed about the Cambridge kids....not a good look. Why does it matter? HM and Philip love all their grandchildren and great-grandchildren

Last edited:
Who is annoyed? LOL

The picture is very sweet and it was very obvious why they picked that card to highlight. The Royals are a family. The Cambridges are the heirs. It’s amazing PR to highlight that and especially right now.

I wasn’t making it about the Sussexes or any of the other grandchildren/great-grandchildren. More giving props to the brilliant play of the picture.

It is a great one!

Last edited:
Being annoyed about the Cambridge kids....not a good look. Why does it matter? HM and Philip love all their grandchildren and great-grandchildren

But then again, was it not H&M who were meant to be deeply upset when the collection of pictures in HM;s Christmas broadcast did not include them?

Who is annoyed? LOL

The picture is very sweet and it was very obvious why they picked that card to highlight. The Royals are a family. The Cambridges are the heirs. It’s amazing PR to highlight that and especially right now.

I wasn’t making it about the Sussexes or any of the other grandchildren/great-grandchildren. More giving props to the brilliant play of the picture.

It is a great one!

I’m sorry if I misinterpreted your comments, but you ascribed the choice to specifically feature the Cambridge kids’ card as a PR stunt, and spoke of how William’s family will always be the focus. It sounded like you were annoyed, but of course it’s hard to gauge tone on-line. Sorry again!

But then again, was it not H&M who were meant to be deeply upset when the collection of pictures in HM;s Christmas broadcast did not include them?

Only if you believe Robert Lacey, who as far as I’m concerned has completely discredited himself.

What a wonderful tribute from the great-grandchildren to mark the 73rd Wedding anniversary!

Let's get back to discussing the Queen and Prince Philip please.

Members are asked to avoid dragging issues concerning the Duke and Duchess of Sussex into every conceivable thread all the time - it is annoying for other members reading the thread and unnecessary.

Last edited by a moderator:
:previous: Yes, "pictures tell a thousand words"! Great photo of an amazing couple. Congratulations for 73 years together.

Awww.. how cute! 73 years! Most people don't live that long let alone to celebrate being married to someone for that long.
Amazing!

Last edited:
Aww, it’s so colorful and happy! I can just imagine the Cambridge kids having the best time making the card - they are so creative ...!

The best part is that it most likely was a family project. All three kids around the table intent on making something wonderful for Gan-Gan and Grandpa. The finished product ended up being sent with the kid's love and many memories behind it.

The family that plays together..... ?

The best part is that it most likely was a family project. All three kids around the table intent on making something wonderful for Gan-Gan and Grandpa. The finished product ended up being sent with the kid's love and many memories behind it.

The family that plays together..... ?

I have no doubt that’s the case.....I’m sure they made a huge mess, although the card is extremely neat, lol. I just love them so much...

Queen Elizabeth is seen horse riding in Windsor this morning

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/femail/...een-wraps-warm-seen-horse-riding-Windsor.html

Queen Elizabeth take a horse ride around Windsor Castle

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/femail/...s-warm-horse-ride-grounds-Windsor-Castle.html

"New £5 coin to mark Queen's 95th birthday in 2021"

https://www.bbc.com/news/uk-55525006

The Queen cancels all garden parties in London and Edinburgh in 2021

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/ar...els-garden-parties-London-Edinburgh-2021.html

Last edited by a moderator:
Dickie Arbiter Flag of United Kingdom
@RoyalDickie
As I had anticipated The Queen and The Duke of Edinburgh, following advice, have decided that this year they will spend Christmas quietly in Windsor. I would hazard a guess that a decision on family visiting over the festive season will be taken on advice and nearer the time

I'm sure it will be lovely...as long as they have family (even limited) around them. That's the important thing.

I'm not sure they'll have visitors. Only three households are supposed to mix over Christmas. I'm not sure that everyone will be sticking to this - rather awkward if, like the Queen and Prince Philip, you've got four grown-up children - but there's no way that the Royal Family could be seen to break rules. Also rather awkward if, like Charles and Camilla, a couple have each got their own children and grandchildren, and will want to see all of them.

I don't know how they're going to sort it out!

Per Richard Palmer (but the info is all out there now, by everyone):

Prince Charles and the Duchess of Cornwall will be at Highgrove for Christmas Day but expect to see the Queen and Philip at Windsor at some point. Camilla will also see her family over the festive period. Meetings may be socially distanced or outside to adhere to govt rules.

Even just a walk would be special -Charles is fortunate that his parents are so healthy at their age, and any time with them is precious.

Yes, I can just see them taking a brisk walk outside with 2 metres social distancing or sitting socially distanced and wearing masks in the enormously high ceilinged hall where they met the press with Archie.

Roya Nikkhah from The Sunday Times have tweeted and included a screenshot of the column (at the front page). The article by Roya Nikkhah, Caroline Wheeler and Sabah Meddings is on The Queen (and senior members of the Royal Family) letting the public know when she's had the vaccine.

Roya Nikkhah @RoyaNikkhah
ROYAL booster for the #Covid #vaccine The Queen and senior members of the royal family are set to “let it be known” when they have had the #vaccination in a vital move expected to significantly increase the #coronavirus #vaccine uptake across the country
@thesundaytimes
10:09 AM · Dec 6, 2020·Twitter for iPhone​

Picture 1 | Picture 2

Roya Nikkhah from The Sunday Times have tweeted and included a screenshot of the column (at the front page). The article by Roya Nikkhah, Caroline Wheeler and Sabah Meddings is on The Queen (and senior members of the Royal Family) letting the public know when she's had the vaccine.

Roya Nikkhah @RoyaNikkhah
ROYAL booster for the #Covid #vaccine The Queen and senior members of the royal family are set to “let it be known” when they have had the #vaccination in a vital move expected to significantly increase the #coronavirus #vaccine uptake across the country
@thesundaytimes
10:09 AM · Dec 6, 2020·Twitter for iPhone​

Picture 1 | Picture 2

That’s great news !!!

I still can only express my admiration for her being able to ride at 94.

Completely agree - I got on a horse the other after months in lookdown and my back and buttocks will never forgive me. I think I aged 10 years this lockdown :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom