General News for Queen Elizabeth II and Prince Philip 2: March 2017 - April 2021

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
It's good that she's becoming used to modern technology. I wonder whether the Queen uses her I-pad every day as I use mine? I'd be lost without it frankly! Texting, mmmm, not so sure Her Majesty is into that in a big way!

Last edited:
:previous:

on the 3rd May, the Queen held a Privy Council meeting and met with the Pm
The Duke of Edinburgh had a great day out at Lord's.

So I don't think there is a great need for concern.

I think its about the refurb of BP. Explanation of the [project, the plan, the timetable. The impact on the annual schedule. And possibly the impact on the work expected of staff.

There has been talk of HMQ moving out and being based elsewhere. All sorts of speculation. Maybe this is about what is actually happening.

My burning question is - where are they going to put all those priceless items?

:previous:

Ah, that makes sense. I hope that's all it is.

Last edited by a moderator:
If it was super duper important, wouldn't Charles have come down from Scotland?

Haven't staff from Balmoral been summoned? Unless the Queen and Prince Philip intend to base themselves north of the border for a good part of the year with treasures from BP while the refurbishment continues, why would it impact on them? Oh well, it's the Daily Fail so it could be nothing! On the other hand, these are 91 and almost 96 year olds...

A Reporter who works for channel Ten News on twitter posted about 20 Minutes ago that the royal Family is now being called to Buckingham Palace.

A Reporter who works for channel Ten News on twitter posted about 20 Minutes ago that the royal Family is now being called to Buckingham Palace.

If that is true, I think something very bad has happened. I truly hope that is not the case and that everyone is ok.

If that is true, I think something very bad has happened. I truly hope that is not the case and that everyone is ok.

Same here but I have a bad feeling about his for some reason. why else would the Royal family be called at this time of night? and now Police and Press are now gathering outside

There is a lot of (unconfirmed) speculation on twitter that something has happened to Philip.

Okay, I don't scare easily, but you guys are giving me a fright here. What's going on guys?

Okay, I don't scare easily, but you guys are giving me a fright here. What's going on guys?

No one really knows yet. Only confirmed information is that an emergency meeting has been called in the middle of the night for all of the Queen's staff- from Balmoral and other residences as well.

Anyone reading this should take this with a big grain of salt right now, but twitter rumors are flying that Prince Philip has passed away. If true, according to protocol plans released several years ago, it would be announced after 8AM.

Let's all hope that this is not true and that the rumor mill is wrong.

At the moment it is all unconfirmed Twitter posts. Would the Press gather outside BP on these sorts of reports, though? In case of the death of any senior Royal I thought British news outlets including the BBC were informed immediately in code. Perhaps Prince Philip is ill?

I hope nothing big has happened but I doubt a regular meeting would be held at this time.

Reports are on some news sites that roads around Buckingham Palace are being closed by the police, that various outside broadcast vans are setting up and that members of the Royal Family have been called.

No official confimation, though some photos posted.

Is it 3.30am in London at the moment? This breaking in the early hours of the morning adds weight that it is more than just about renovations.

Last edited:
How serious is this ?

Sent from my iPad using The Royals Community mobile app

It's on all news reports here in Australia. I have a feeling it's Phillip. I'm sure if it wasn't serious they would be saying something to calm everyone down.

Buckingham Palace is trending on Twitter.

But if it's the death of the Queen isn't that news passed on straight away? Is there a news blackout on BP websites from now until 8am London time? I guess that we will have to await an official announcement.

If Prince Philip has passed away, it's very sudden. He had an engagement at Lord's Cricket Ground just yesterday. :-(

Last edited:
Please continue to post. Here in the U.S. we will be the last to know.

Didn't they say during the Christmas cold it wouldn't be announced until 8am even if it's the Queen? They would wake up the royals but it would not be announced until the morning if something happened at night.

What's going on? There is no news in the U.S. about anything. Please keep posting.

Maybe an abdication announcement? This is right on the heels of what was described as an "unusually long" meeting between Theresa May and HM today.

It's local Election Day in the U.K. today it has got to be something big as they would avoid announcing anything today and wouldn't be calling staff who would be voting locally to a emergency meeting.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom