The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 06-21-2018, 04:06 PM
Nobility

We’ll see if this visit even happens. If it does, QE will be a gracious host.

Old 06-21-2018, 04:23 PM
Imperial Majesty

Location: On the west side of North up from Back, United States
One thing I know is that Queen Elizabeth II is a master of diplomacy and will be able to handle anyone that she meets whether it be prince or president or pauper. Should something go amiss, along with having her own private little giggle at it, she's very adept at giving a miscreant "the look".

No law can be sacred to me but that of my nature. Good and bad are but names very readily transferable to that or this; the only right is what is after my constitution, the only wrong what is against it.

~~~Ralph Waldo Emerson~~~
Old 06-23-2018, 06:56 PM
Majesty

More information on the Presidential visit

Operation Protect Trump: 10,000 police and SAS will guard the President | Daily Mail Online
Old 07-01-2018, 06:20 AM
Majesty

Quote:
Ministers have rehearsed for the Queen's death for the first time with a secret exercise to prepare for 10 days of national mourning, it has emerged.

The run-through, apparently known as Castle Dove, saw Cabinet ministers and Whitehall officials discuss 'D+1', the day after the monarch's death.

The plan, which is reported to be called London Bridge, came in the week that the 92-year-old Queen pulled out of a service at St Paul's Cathedral because she was feeling ill.

It was the first time politicians had joined civil servants in the same room to discuss the plans, which would involve the Prime Minister speaking to the country, The Sunday Times reported.
Read more: Ministers rehearse for Queen's death for first time with secret exercise | Daily Mail Online
Old 07-01-2018, 06:40 AM
Heir Presumptive

Its never nice to hear about such things but I guess being wholly practical it makes sense. We've known civil servants (who don't change with each government) have practiced for years just as the BBC and other media outlets do. Given the current government in theory runs until 2022 getting the ministers involved just means everyone will know what is expected of them.
Old 07-01-2018, 10:59 AM
Imperial Majesty

The Queen putting off knee surgery-
Queen is 'refusing to have knee surgery so she does not miss royal engagements' | Daily Mail Online

I would say the perfect time to do it would be during her Balmoral retreat.

A.W. TOZER
Old 07-01-2018, 11:14 AM
Heir Apparent

So, doesthis work visit by president Trump mean that a state visit is off?
Old 07-01-2018, 11:15 AM
Imperial Majesty

I think so too, Dman. Have it done on her summer break where she can recuperate at her own leisure in Scotland.
No law can be sacred to me but that of my nature. Good and bad are but names very readily transferable to that or this; the only right is what is after my constitution, the only wrong what is against it.

Old 07-01-2018, 09:34 PM
Majesty

Oh, I don't know? How many working people do you know that forego the restorative value of your summer holiday just so they can not miss a day of work?
Old 07-02-2018, 01:02 AM
Imperial Majesty

To be honest, that sounds like the Queen.

Old 07-02-2018, 02:06 AM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dman View Post
The Queen putting off knee surgery-
Queen is 'refusing to have knee surgery so she does not miss royal engagements' | Daily Mail Online

I would say the perfect time to do it would be during her Balmoral retreat.
I hope she is taking care of herself. My dad is also 92, and he's gotten frailer. I know it's hard when you've had great health and stamina all of your life.
Old 07-02-2018, 02:08 AM
Serene Highness

She also probably wanted to wait for Philip to do his hip surgery so she could be there for him. He will be a great coach for her physical therapy post surgery.
Old 07-08-2018, 12:46 PM
Heir Apparent

Queen's patronage has single-handedly saved the British hat industry, Philip Treacy says - Telegraph
Quote:
She has been on the throne for more than 65 years, fulfiling her public duties, unifying the Commonwealth and providing the steady role-model the nation needs in turbulent times.

The Queen has also single-handedly kept the hat industry in business, according to Philip Treacy.

Treacy, the milliner used regularly by members of the Royal family, said the Queen had “kept hats alive in the imagination of people all over the world”, ensuring their survival even as most of her subjects largely abandoned them.
Well, she has also ''single-handedly'' kept the monarchy relevant/popular, especially from 1952 to 2013 - when she was fully active, so not bad.
Old 07-08-2018, 01:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ROYAL NORWAY View Post
Queen's patronage has single-handedly saved the British hat industry, Philip Treacy says - Telegraph

Well, she has also ''single-handedly'' kept the monarchy relevant/popular, especially from 1952 to 2013 - when she was fully active, so not bad.

I'm sorry to ask but what happened in 2013? As far as I'm aware The Queen has remained fully active. She does her red boxes every day, conducts audiences with the PM and others, carries out an extensive diary of engagements. Ok she no longer does overseas travel but the woman is 92 years of age. She has just carried out a week of engagements in Scotland - every day - and in temperatures most of us struggle with!

God Save The Queen!

Old 07-08-2018, 02:06 PM
Heir Apparent

She certainly kept Treacy's business going
Old 07-11-2018, 09:57 AM
Majesty

Angela Kelly heads a large in-house design department where the greater amount of HM's wardrobe is created.

Around 2013 I think Angela Kelly started making many of HM's hats and now employs many in-house milliners.
Old 07-12-2018, 12:33 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by RoyalProtocol View Post
I'm sorry to ask but what happened in 2013? As far as I'm aware The Queen has remained fully active. She does her red boxes every day, conducts audiences with the PM and others, carries out an extensive diary of engagements. Ok she no longer does overseas travel but the woman is 92 years of age. She has just carried out a week of engagements in Scotland - every day - and in temperatures most of us struggle with!
That was the year when she stopped with the walkabouts, and when her outdoors engagements was reduced to about 30% (about 70% now takes place inside the royal residences).
But don't get me wrong, she is amazing for her age - and I praised her for the way she carried out her ''engagements in Scotland'' (during the Holyrood Week) in the ''British Royal Family Current Events'' thread last week.

And my post was actually meant to be complimenting.

--------------------

Quote:
Originally Posted by MARG View Post
Angela Kelly heads a large in-house design department where the greater amount of HM's wardrobe is created.
Yes, she does, but fashion designer Stewart Parvin and milliner Rachel Trevor-Morgan still creates a great amount of Her Majesty's clothes/hats.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MARG View Post
Around 2013 I think Angela Kelly started making many of HM's hats and now employs many in-house milliners.
Well, she used Angela Kelly hats for the royal wedding in 2011 and for some events during the Diamond Jubilee in 2012, so it started a bit before that, I think.
Old 07-12-2018, 02:00 PM
Imperial Majesty

The *President of the United States* has already landed in the UK. He'll meet with the Queen tomorrow and there will be a military parade with the Queen and President Trump reviewing the Coldstream Guards.

Old 07-12-2018, 02:11 PM
Heir Apparent

I have just posted articles about it here: Queen Elizabeth and Duke of Edinburgh Current Events Part 27: June 1, 2018 -
Old 07-12-2018, 02:35 PM
Imperial Majesty

If there is one thing that I think President Trump might do that worries me is that he'll attempt to hug the Queen. She's so grandmotherly that she does kind of inspire the image of grandma and cookies and hugs. I just hope that President Trump is advised ahead of time that one does not touch the Queen.

I personally think this will all go off without a hitch. How much trouble can a person get into watching a military parade and listen to the anthems? Then it'll be a short tea and time to move on. I expect though that if Mr. Trump does say anything, it will in praise of the Queen. She's iconic, diplomatic and knows her stuff and I think the Trumps will admire her for that.

Tags
duke of edinburgh, general news, prince philip, queen elizabeth ii