General News for Queen Elizabeth II and Prince Philip 2: March 2017 - April 2021

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
:previous: Knowing Philip I'm inclined to presume the latter :D

Philip looks like he's in his element - I love this photo of him. The weather, let alone is old age, doesn't stop him at all!

Every time I see an article where the Queen or Philip or both of them are out doing what they love best, I'm reminded of historical romances I used to read a long time ago where the characters would often go outside for their "morning constitutional". I know it to mean taking a walk and not the urban euphemism that it may refer to today.

This couple is amazing. Its December. Its not overly warm outside and they're in their 90s yet they keep doing what they love doing come rain or shine. Incredible but I believe it is what keeps them fit and happy and embracing life.

We should all be so lucky.

Every time I see an article where the Queen or Philip or both of them are out doing what they love best, I'm reminded of historical romances I used to read a long time ago where the characters would often go outside for their "morning constitutional". I know it to mean taking a walk and not the urban euphemism that it may refer to today.

This couple is amazing. Its December. Its not overly warm outside and they're in their 90s yet they keep doing what they love doing come rain or shine. Incredible but I believe it is what keeps them fit and happy and embracing life.

We should all be so lucky.

I just love the idea of how they spend the leisure time. In the books I have read, I have loved learning how the royals and nobility spent their leisure time walking, playing games, and visiting with each other.

He’s achieved what no one in the UK has been able to do. After 12 years of trying, he has become the first person to produce/grow black truffles. No wonder he’s been sticking close to Sandringham.

From what I've been reading lately, Philip always has something going on at Sandringham that he's working on and has a penchant for finding or creating gadgets that would be of value to the estate. He very much takes to heart his role as manager of the estate. He's improved properties on the estate, experimented with different things such as the truffles and other projects. This isn't a man who is staying at Wood Farm in front on the fire reading a book (although he does like to do that), but is totally active in and around the estate.

This is a man that refuses to succumb to old age. He'll be active for as long as he can and that is what is keeping him fit and trim and defying his almost 98 year old life span. :D

He’s achieved what no one in the UK has been able to do. After 12 years of trying, he has become the first person to produce/grow black truffles. No wonder he’s been sticking close to Sandringham.

https://www.mirror.co.uk/news/uk-news/prince-philip-becomes-first-person-13795568.amp

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/ar...ilip-wins-battle-grow-UKs-black-diamonds.html
Apparently he had the truffle Oak trees planted back in 2006, more than a decade before he ‘retired to Sandringham.’
Given the frequency of the photos of Philip carriage driving at Windsor we’ve seen in the last year, I’m beginning to think the whole ‘Philip intends to spend most of his time at Wood Farm’ story was tabloid fiction.

Usually we see him carriage driving at the weekends and we know the Queen goes to Windsor most weekends.

I suspect what is happening is that when she is in London or anywhere else he is at Sandringham but when she is at Windsor he is with her.

If I had a “truffle grow”, I would stay nearby to eat the harvest!

Now if this doesn't beat all, I don't know what would. :D

We're all aware of just how loved and how iconic HM, The Queen is worldwide but you *know* this woman is extraordinary when she captures the hearts and hopes and dreams of two little girls.

Oh. And should those two sweethearts make it to visit with the Queen, I would bet my last Teddy Graham that it would be the Queen, herself, with all her years of experience that would teach those two a thing or two on how to *really* enjoy a mud puddle and the *proper* boots to wear while doing it. :lol:

I wonder if the Ambassador is thinking of a skype set up, if HM is agreeable.

I wonder if the Ambassador is thinking of a skype set up, if HM is agreeable.

Doubtful, judging by the article she thinks she can get them into BP.

We can perhaps have tea and scones in a British style, and we can talk about making your dream come true - going to the Queen's house, seeing Peppa Pig and all the other wonders in the UK.'

Whilst I appreciate that these kids have done well in their studies to get this opportunity, parents should not have offered this as a prize as it's never going to happen. They might get a letter or a picture but it's fantasy.

She wrote in her post that her daughters had excelled in their studies in 2018, therefore she hoped 'Her Majesty The Queen could invite us to [your] palace to visit, [the girls] would strive to perform better in 2019'

It's all related to how the girls do in school. I feel sorry for the children.

General News for Queen Elizabeth II and Prince Philip Part 2: March 2017

The Duke of Edinburgh’s car accident can be discussed here.

Last edited:
Celebrating Queen Elizabeth II's accession to the throne: Gun Salutes on Wednesday 6th February.

41 Guns will be fired by @KingsTroopRHA in #GreenPark at 12 noon & 62 Guns @TowerOfLondon at 1pm fired by @HAC_TheCompany #accessionday #67years

Via Trooping the Colour Twitter

:previous: Thanks Dman, Rudolph & Eya! :flowers:

Well, this is a day to be GENEROUS with the words.

67 years: As the most successful and popular head of state in history; as beacon of stability, continuity, service, duty and morality; as diplomat and as international icon.
And who at the age of 92 had almost 300 engagements last year (up from 2017).

Hmm, was there anything more, yes, an ITV article with a video of the gun salutes in Green Park and some facts about HM in numbers (link).

And last but not least: As a royal watcher/reporter said it on twitter, ''Long Live Elizabeth the Great'' who, as royal author/commentator, Robert Hardman said it last year, has really ''won the hearts of the world.''

:previous: Thanks Dman, Rudolph & Eya! :flowers:

Well, this is a day to be GENEROUS with the words.

67 years: As the most successful and popular head of state in history; as beacon of stability, continuity, service, duty and morality; as diplomat and as international icon.
And who at the age of 92 had almost 300 engagements last year (up from 2017).

Hmm, was there anything more, yes, an ITV article with a video of the gun salutes in Green Park and some facts about HM in numbers (link).

And last but not least: As a royal watcher/reporter said it on twitter, ''Long Live Elizabeth the Great'' who, as royal author/commentator, Robert Hardman said it last year, has really ''won the hearts of the world.''

quote ''Long Live Elizabeth the Great'' quote - yeah agreed.

I think, Elizabeth The Great, is a very appropriate title for, Her Majesty. Especially as she approaches her Platinum Jubilee.

This is going to sound a bit off and a bit weird but after reading Royal Norway's post, I've been thinking about it all afternoon and I've come to the realization that for my entire lifetime, Queen Elizabeth II has always been lurking in the background of my mind since I can remember.

From my mother and aunts admiring one of their generation such as "The Queen served this at lunch" and "The Queen always wears a hat and gloves" and tried to copy her poise and her elegance to growing up in Charles' generation from thinking of him as a "Disney" prince to the "action man" single and always with a beautiful girl on his arm to actively finding that its the life and the times of the Queen that I now find the most interesting.

When I think of it, Elizabeth the Great has always been a facet of my life and to me, that's something that I can't say is true about many other things in the 67 years I've been on this planet. She's the original epitome of what a powerful and independent woman is like and far surpasses any other woman in the workforce today as far as work ethic. She is the mascot for any woman that aims to be on the top rung of the corporate ladder. She's a prime mentor for anyone that aims to serve the people in the diplomatic or political arena.

She's the Grand Matriarch of a nation and admired and respected around the world. She is, as Royal Norway and Robert Hardman have expressed "The Queen of the World".

She truly is the strength and stay not only to the UK and the Commonwealth but for the millions of others like me out there that truly love this woman.

Long live the Queen!! :royalstandard:

Long live Elizabeth the Great, indeed. Somehow I think she marks that anniversary with her Coronation as the 6th February, for her, marks the untimely death of a much-loved and loving father. That is why she stays at Sandringham to mark the day in private.

When I think about the Queen and February 6th, I can understand why she remembers that day in private at Sandringham before returning to London. Her father was a man that didn't want to be king and more or less forced into the job by the abdication of his brother. He stepped up to the plate and hit the proverbial home run out of the park during his reign.

Elizabeth followed in his footsteps remarkably for the next 67 years. She had a remarkable role model to follow in *both* of her parents.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom