The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 03-20-2017, 02:32 PM
Heir Apparent

What North Wales will do when the Queen dies - Daily Post
Quote:
Ruthin’s Colin Edwards, who has been photographing the Royals for almost half a century, said the authority had jumped the gun in publishing these details.

He said: “The Queen turns 91 next month and she is in excellent health so I think they are a bit hasty. If Her Majesty was suffering a very serious illness then perhaps I could understand.

“As a royalist I hope she will emulate her mother and I think she can be the first monarch to reach their 100th birthday. At the moment she is in good health and I hope to meet her again.

“In photos published recently she does look extremely well. If there were concerns about her health then I think that would be the time to be discussing this.”

In 2015 the National Association of Civic Officers issued guidance to councils on what to do in the event of the monarch dying and Wrexham is one of many public bodies making sure it has its plans in order.

Many media organisations as well as the government and military have well rehearsed plans to deal with the period of national mourning and the succession of the King.

Mr Edwards has already been contacted by the BBC to provide his reflections on the Queen for a pre-prepared obituary piece.

“I was called by them about a month ago and I would have to speak about the Queen in the past tense which I think would be a very strange experience. I personally would be very upset. I do not want to even think about the Queen’s death,” he said.

Old 03-20-2017, 08:30 PM
Courtier

She has had access to intelligence reports since the time of FDR and Churchill. Her grasp of how the world really operates must be astonishing.

Old 03-20-2017, 09:23 PM
Gentry

Why are everyone talking about the Queen passing? Really unerving
Old 03-20-2017, 09:34 PM
Majesty

Location: On the west side of North up from Back, United States
Probably for the same reason that for most, it is wise to buy life insurance. Its not a subject that we like to think about happening but is something that is inevitable and we feel more at ease when we're prepared for it.

The British Royal Family is always prepared for any kind of circumstance to happen and to be honest, I do believe it does make things a whole lot easier when they do happen.
Old 03-20-2017, 09:45 PM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ipsi View Post

Probably because The Guardian and then other news outlets in the UK wrote articles about the plans for the first two weeks after her death late last week. Those stories have also been picked up and reported in the TV media outlets - certainly in some Commonwealth countries.
Old 03-20-2017, 09:54 PM
Gentry

Yeah, it's a subject I don't really like to think about, but it is invetible, the impact would be tremendous
Old 03-20-2017, 10:27 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
1. She is almost 91 and will be the first British monarch to die in over 60/70 years.

2. It started with the long article from Rob Price, Business Insider UK in March 2015 (uppdated in December 2016). It was mentioned and talked about in the Canadian, Australian, American, Norwegian, Danish and Swedish media/press etc.

3. She got a cold in December. And after that the press become obsessed with her death.

There were articles in the Sun, Mirror, Express and several others newpapers in December/January (copies of the Rob Price article).

4. Sam Knight wrote an long article about it for the The Guardian last week, and other newspaper copied/wrote about it.

Quote:
Yeah, it's a subject I don't really like to think about, but it is invetible, the impact would be tremendous
Agree! As I said in post 10: I adore the Queen and want her to live forever, and I dread the day she dies.

But I do find the death/funeral of the British monarch, reigning Queen of 16 countries, figurehead of 2 billion people, the most popular and iconic head of state (many would say person) in the world (although it may sound a bit morbid) very interesting in a historical perspective.
Old 03-21-2017, 12:44 AM
Gentry

Yes, I will be following closely to whatever happens! I want to really watch Charles's coronation!
Old 03-21-2017, 04:34 AM
Majesty

"A slice of history from the Queen's wedding is the icing on the cake for Hanson Auctioneers"

A slice of history from the Queen's wedding is the icing on the cake for Hansons Auctioneers | Burton Mail
Old 03-21-2017, 06:53 AM
Courtier

From 1901 to 1952 there were 6 monarch changes, yet no changes since. It is something that this generation is unaccustomed to.
Old 03-21-2017, 12:42 PM
Gentry

Martin McGuinness death: Queen to send private message to family of former deputy first minister

Martin McGuinness death: Queen to send private message to family of former deputy first minister
Old 03-21-2017, 02:58 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:

Well, she is now in her nineties, and nobody is immortal!
It's going to happen, probably sooner than later, so naturally plans are being made.

There's no point in pretending this is not inevitable.
Old 03-23-2017, 09:00 AM
Administrator
Blog Editor
Royal Blogger

Queen Elizabeth's wedding cake up for auction

A piece of wedding cake from the Queen and Prince Philip's wedding is going up for auction at the end of the month in South Derbyshire. The auctioneer quoted in the article was full of puns:

"As soon as I saw it I thought 'crumbs, what a piece of history!' I expect it to make a tasty price at auction."
Old 03-27-2017, 03:53 PM
Majesty

"A police investigation is underway after a coin which bears the Queen's image was stolen from a museum in Germany"

£3.2m coin featuring The Queen’s image stolen from museum – Royal Central

http://www.bbc.com/news/world-europe-39409754
Old 03-28-2017, 02:20 AM
Majesty

Prince Philip's beloved black London cab to go on display | Daily Mail Online

"I had that Prince Philip in the front of my taxi once , Duke of Edinburgh retires the beloved black cab that let him drive round London unnoticed"
Old 03-31-2017, 05:09 AM
Majesty

Britains oldest man refuses card from The Queen because she always looks “so miserable” – Royal Central

"The UK’s oldest man celebrated his birthday this Wednesday and is now 109. However, he has refused the traditional birthday card that people receive when they are over 100-years-old.
Robert said: “I decided not to receive a card every year from the Queen because I didn’t want a huge collection of cards that I add to every year,”
He added: “However, I did accept one from her two years ago because it’s the only one I’d seen that she was smiling on. In the rest of the cards, she looked a bit miserable while on official duties"
Old 03-31-2017, 07:27 AM
Majesty

Location: On the west side of North up from Back, United States
Perhaps the dear old man was giving away his secret to a happy, long life. Just allow those things into your life that make you smile.
Old 04-04-2017, 02:16 AM
Majesty

Royal Gifts exhibition to show presents given to Queen during her 65-year reign | Daily Mail Online

Exhibition of the Queen's gifts opens at Buckingham Palace | Daily Mail Online

Buckingham Palace exhibition of Royal gifts given to Queen during her 65-year reign
Old 04-05-2017, 07:08 PM
Heir Apparent

The Queen's message to The President of Colombia, following the flooding and landslides in Mocoahttps: https://t.co/Fbgj4YbCBB
Quote:
Prince Philip and I were deeply saddened to learn of the devastating flooding and landslides in Mocoa this weekend.

I send my sincere condolences to the families who have lost loved ones in this terrible event. Our thoughts and prayers are with those who have been injured and the many people whose homes and livelihoods have been destroyed.

ELIZABETH R.
Old 04-05-2017, 07:53 PM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by ROYAL NORWAY View Post
The Queen's message to The President of Colombia, following the flooding and landslides in Mocoahttps: https://t.co/Fbgj4YbCBB
Written by rote, as are all messages of condolence. Totally repetitive with no personal connection.

Disappointing

This precious stone set in the silver sea,......
This blessed plot, this earth, this realm, this England,

Tags
duke of edinburgh, general news, prince philip, queen elizabeth ii