General News for Queen Elizabeth II and Prince Philip 2: March 2017 - April 2021

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Happy birthday to Prince Philip!

"Wishing His Royal Highness The Duke of Edinburgh a very Happy 97th Birthday!"
https://www.instagram.com/p/Bj1qrHIFu0L/?taken-by=theroyalfamily

"Happy 97th Birthday to HRH The Duke of Edinburgh!"
https://www.instagram.com/p/Bj1sERWgooM/?taken-by=clarencehouse

"Happy birthday to The Duke of Edinburgh, who turns 97 today! "
https://www.instagram.com/p/Bj1hohgA-EG/?taken-by=kensingtonroyal

Kensington Palace wishes Prince Philip happy birthday | Daily Mail Online

Members of the King's Troop Royal Horse Artillery take part in a 41 Gun Royal Salute to mark the 97th birthday of Prince Philip, Duke of Edinburgh, in Hyde Park, central London on June 11

Belga Image

Prince Philip's 97th birthday marked with 41-gun salute in Hyde Park | Daily Mail Online

Last edited by a moderator:
Some thing never change. I'm happy that Philip is still willing and able to enjoy something he loves so much.

Must be very relaxing! Whenever I see The Queen enjoying a ride on her fell ponies and Prince Philip enjoying a carriage drive, it make me want to do the same.

Must be very relaxing! Whenever I see The Queen enjoying a ride on her fell ponies and Prince Philip enjoying a carriage drive, it make me want to do the same.
When I see HM riding, I'm thinking: OMG, what if she fell off, because that could be fatal.

When I see HM riding, I'm thinking: OMG, what if she fell off, because that could be fatal.

She’s fallen off before. Once she even broke her left wrist. It’s why she now rides the lower fell ponies and not the larger horses like she used to. She have her head groom, Terry Pendry at her side on her rides too.

Last edited:
She’s fallen off before. Once she even broke her left wrist.
Yes, I know. - But then she wasn't in her 90s.

It’s why she now rides the lower fell ponies and not the larger horses like she used to.
A 92-year-old woman (who is a bit bent over) falling of a fell pony? Well, do I need to say more.

She have her head groom, Terry Pendry at her side on her rides too.
If she were to fall of, there isn't much he could do, anyway.

The Queen has ridden the same way for probably 70+ years, she is no doubt of the opinion - I'm not changing my ways now. Maybe for a woman who has her own water taken with her when she travels she likes having one area of her life she chooses to take a little risk in.

I think most people know the Queen chooses this way of riding, if anything were to happen they'd know the Queen was riding the way she wanted. I remember reading somewhere she insists on riding hats and vests (not really sure what they are called) for Louise and James and all the grandchildren / great grandchildren so she obviously knows the risks.

Although there is always the chance of something happening, one thing we know about the Queen is that she is and has always been around horses and is an excellent horsewoman. Those fell ponies she rides are mild mannered, superbly trained and are just perfect for HM to ride.

Being the accomplished horsewoman that the Queen is, she would instinctively know that there was something amiss with her mount and take appropriate action to prevent a mishap. I would be willing to bet my last cinnamon mini donut that the Queen knows her horse inside out and backwards and there's a certain rapport between horse and rider.

Some things never change. The Queen out for a ride is one of them. Its where she finds her peace and serenity in a very busy world. :D

She's always riding the same fellpony, right? Carltonlima Emma, if I'm not mistaken. Does someone know how old Emma is? Because I could imagine, that HM choses to quit riding once Emma is too old, just like she quit riding on TTC when Burmese was too old if I remember well.

The Queen has ridden the same way for probably 70+ years, she is no doubt of the opinion - I'm not changing my ways now. Maybe for a woman who has her own water taken with her when she travels she likes having one area of her life she chooses to take a little risk in.
Some things never change. The Queen out for a ride is one of them. Its where she finds her peace and serenity in a very busy world. :D
The Queen is, according to several former staffers and serious commentators, a very practical and pragmatic woman.
That's why she stopped with long-haul travel after her Australian trip in 2011, her walkabouts after the Jubilee in 2012, her foreign travel after her visit to Malta in 2015, her breeding of corgis, because she reportedly feared tripping over a young dog hurting herself in the process, and she didn't want to leave behind dogs when she dies. - And if she dosen't feel up to it anymore, then she will stop with the riding as well (which vill be wery soon, I hope/think).

And remember: She stopped riding large horses before she turned 80, and scaled down her riding with fell pony Carltonlima Emma in 2013.
She didn't do it because she had to, but because it was reasonable considering her age. - It was the same with her foreign travel.
I don't remember where i heard it, but I think it was BBC's royal correspondent Nicholas Witchell who said it on BBC News Channel, he had heard it from the palace, I think.

--------------------

She's always riding the same fellpony, right? Carltonlima Emma, if I'm not mistaken. Does someone know how old Emma is? Because I could imagine, that HM choses to quit riding once Emma is too old, just like she quit riding on TTC when Burmese was too old if I remember well.
Yes, now she only rides Carltonlima Emma, she's even taken up to Balmoral (from Windsor) when HM is there.
I'm not sure how old she is, but if you spend some time looking, then you'll probably find it out on the internet. ?

Last edited:
Queen Elizabeth and Prince Philip have been my Queen and her Consort my entire life. HM is the same age as my mother and she spent the last ten years of her life in a secure facility for dementia patients.

Both HM and Prince Philip have avoided that awful fate and whenever I see a ninety-two-year-old Queen ride her Fell pony or a ninety-seven-year-old Prince drive a carriage, I smile and occasionally even laugh. They still enjoy each other's company and participate in their favourite hobbies.

That is how I want to see them, living their lives to the full, enjoying the small pleasures of the occasional tipple. They've worked for it, they've earned it, and no one has the right to deprive them of it. I never want to see them wrapped in virtual bubble wrap, protected from the life they have lived and still want to participate in.

‪Happy Father’s Day from Prince Charles to his father with a beautiful very old picture!

"A five month old Prince Charles and his father The Duke of Edinburgh are photographed at Buckingham Palace in 1949."

https://www.instagram.com/p/BkHtN2QgCjW/?taken-by=clarencehouse

"Here’s a collection of photographs from the #RoyalArchives of The Duke of Edinburgh with his children: The Prince of Wales @ClarenceHouse, The Princess Royal, @hrhthedukeofyork and The Earl of Wessex."

https://www.instagram.com/p/BkH10RSHmx2/?taken-by=theroyalfamily

Last edited:
Some friends and I spent the afternoon watching the Polo, at the Guards Polo club, in Egham..

Here are some photos -

Attachments

• cartier.jpg
    cartier.jpg
    41.2 KB · Views: 117
  • cartier 3.jpg
    cartier 3.jpg
    101.8 KB · Views: 122
  • cartier 2.jpg
    cartier 2.jpg
    87.4 KB · Views: 127
:previous: Thanks for sharing the photos, wyevale! :flowers:

HM and Philip (as we saw in the DM article that Lumutqueen posted) looked great.

--------------------

Queen Elizabeth and Prince Philip have been my Queen and her Consort my entire life. HM is the same age as my mother and she spent the last ten years of her life in a secure facility for dementia patients.

Both HM and Prince Philip have avoided that awful fate and whenever I see a ninety-two-year-old Queen ride her Fell pony or a ninety-seven-year-old Prince drive a carriage, I smile and occasionally even laugh. They still enjoy each other's company and participate in their favourite hobbies.

That is how I want to see them, living their lives to the full, enjoying the small pleasures of the occasional tipple. They've worked for it, they've earned it, and no one has the right to deprive them of it. I never want to see them wrapped in virtual bubble wrap, protected from the life they have lived and still want to participate in.
Well, I wasn't writing that we should ''deprive'' them of anything.

I was just explaining that her riding makes me a little worried, nothing else. ?

:previous: Truth be told, I worry a little as well even though I know that worry is a wasted emotion. They are both going to go when it is their time and not before and, they are going to go with their boots on! :flowers:

Thanks for the wonderful pictures wyevale....bet you had a great afternoon!

Windsor Castle is closed to the public on Friday 13 July, which suggests that's the day that the Queen will be receiving her US counterpart.

Via Majesty Magazine Twitter

Reactions: eya
Windsor Castle is closed to the public on Friday 13 July, which suggests that's the day that the Queen will be receiving her US counterpart.

Via Majesty Magazine Twitter
If so it's a fitting date.

Thanks Paul and JR76 . . . It's great to to start the day with a good chortle. ?

This visit should prove to be interesting. One thing I am sure of is that HM will welcome Mr. President and be as courteous and interested as she has with just about everyone else during her long reign.

The timing is good too. A low key "working visit" to Windsor Castle and then its time to get ready to head to Balmoral for her summer break.

It’s not a state visit but they’re going to meet up at Windsor Castle for photos and the like

US Ambassador to Britain confirms Trump will meet Queen next month | Daily Mail Online

No surprise there.

QEII is a head of state, President Trump is a head of state. Of course he will drop by to say hi.
Everything else would be rude and a diplomatic insult.

Of course political neutral heads of states can develop "a diplomatic flu" if they really don't want to meet a visiting foreign head of state. (*) But I cannot imagine this will happen here, unless of course QEII actually does develop a flu.

(*) I believe the late dictator Idi Amin caused several "diplomatic flus" during his many travels abroad...

We’ll see if this visit even happens. If it does, QE will be a gracious host.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom