The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 10-06-2017, 01:59 PM
Super Moderator
Royal Blogger

The Queen records a special message for Gardeners' Question time (BBC Radio 4)

Old 10-10-2017, 12:06 PM
Majesty

Queen Elizabeth and her three corgis on the way for back to London

The Queen and her three corgis board a plane in Aberdeen | Daily Mail Online

Old 10-10-2017, 07:51 PM
Heir Apparent

No Phillip on the plane? But I don't think the first time she left alone via plane from summer holiday.
Old 10-10-2017, 08:06 PM
Imperial Majesty

Prince Philip already left Balmoral. I think he may be at Windsor or with friends.

A.W. TOZER
Old 10-10-2017, 08:07 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by AdmirerUS View Post
No Phillip on the plane? But I don't think the first time she left alone via plane from summer holiday.
Philip already left Scotland a couple weeks ago
Old 10-12-2017, 02:50 AM
Majesty

Donald Trump 'to make working visit to Britain in early 2018 - but he won't meet the Queen'

President Trump to make working visit to Britain in early 2018 but he won't meet the Queen
Old 10-22-2017, 04:01 AM
Majesty

Following in Royal footsteps: An African adventure fit for a Queen

The Mail On Sunday's Jane Bussman recreated Her Majesty's 1952 trip to Kenya. Ruling monarch was there when her father, George VI, died - making her Queen
Old 10-22-2017, 05:54 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by eya View Post
Following in Royal footsteps: An African adventure fit for a Queen

The Mail On Sunday's Jane Bussman recreated Her Majesty's 1952 trip to Kenya. Ruling monarch was there when her father, George VI, died - making her Queen

Such sloppy reporting yet again from the DM.

God Save The Queen!

Old 10-29-2017, 04:57 AM
Majesty

The Great British Cake Off! Queen to receive recreation of her 9ft-tall, 500lb cake which contains 700 eggs to mark her 70th wedding anniversary

Queen Elizabeth II is the most commonly depicted person on paper money around the world. But how does each country pick which portrait to use?

Why is the Queen's face so different around the world? - BBC News

70 years of Royal Romance in photos

Queen and Prince Philip wedding anniversary: 70 years of royal romance | Royal | News | Express.co.uk
Queen and Prince Philip anniversary: The day Britain celebrated royal wedding 70 years ago | Royal | News | Express.co.uk

Clare Balding shares sweet memory of the Queen

Clare Balding shares memory of having breakfast with the Queen
Old 11-04-2017, 12:49 AM
Imperial Majesty

Prince Philip’s Life as a Retired Royal and his Devotion to his wife, The Queen-
Prince Philip's (very different) new life as retired royal | Daily Mail Online

A.W. TOZER
Old 11-04-2017, 01:42 AM
Heir Apparent

Thanks Dman! One of the better articles I've read from that Richard Kay guy.
Old 11-04-2017, 02:17 AM
Majesty

Location: On the west side of North up from Back, United States
You're right, Royal Norway, its an exceptional article and I probably wouldn't have taken the time to read it without your praise of it.

I absolutely love the idea that these two lovebirds have been getting away to just live, love and laugh at Wood Farm. To be able to just enjoy the day as it comes and just be with each other without all the royal trappings that have surrounded them almost from the day they married.
Old 11-04-2017, 02:25 PM
Royal Highness

This seems quite sad to me. It’s almost as though he is in a nursing home where he can’t be visited daily. Having seen the devastating effect of my parents-in-laws’ separation after 68 years of marriage (my MIL went into a nursing home), I can’t imagine how HM and the DoE feel.

I’m sure it’s a pleasant existence for Philip, but I don’t understand the deliberate separation.

Abraham Lincoln
Old 11-04-2017, 02:42 PM
Heir Apparent

I was surprised at how good the article was. Normally I don't bother with the D.M.

ladongas the article addresses your question.

Just LOVE the pic of the Queen (Princess Elizabeth then) sitting in the chair and Phillip standing beside her..both of them have huge smiles while looking at each other.

LaRae
Old 11-04-2017, 03:03 PM
Majesty

Location: On the west side of North up from Back, United States
Quote:
Originally Posted by ladongas View Post
This seems quite sad to me. It’s almost as though he is in a nursing home where he can’t be visited daily. Having seen the devastating effect of my parents-in-laws’ separation after 68 years of marriage (my MIL went into a nursing home), I can’t imagine how HM and the DoE feel.

I’m sure it’s a pleasant existence for Philip, but I don’t understand the deliberate separation.
After watching the DoE for years, I can almost guarantee that if he didn't want to be at Wood Farm, he wouldn't be. He's not incarcerated there as he comes and goes from Windsor Castle as we've seen from the article and they spend time as a couple at Wood Farm.

The Queen and the DoE have such a marriage that they don't have to be in each other's back pockets 24/7. Wood Farm seems like an idyllic place to have for a "bolthole" and just get away from everyday life. What is amazing is that this couple really didn't openly do the "retirement" thing until they both were well into their 90s. Its hard to believe but Philip is going on 97 next June. I think he deserves down time to just read and paint or do whatever the mood hits him.
Old 11-04-2017, 03:18 PM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pranter View Post
I was surprised at how good the article was. Normally I don't bother with the D.M.

ladongas the article addresses your question.

Just LOVE the pic of the Queen (Princess Elizabeth then) sitting in the chair and Phillip standing beside her..both of them have huge smiles while looking at each other.

LaRae
Of course I read the article, and then I re-read it. I still don’t understand the deliberate separation.

Abraham Lincoln
Old 11-04-2017, 03:24 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by ladongas View Post
Of course I read the article, and then I re-read it. I still don’t understand the deliberate separation.
They still see each other. I know a number of couples where 1 spouse is retired and the other isn't. You will often see the retired spouse off doing their own thing.

LaRae
Old 11-04-2017, 03:33 PM
Royal Highness

Yes, I know of couples who ‘do their own thing’. None of them are nearly 100 years old, though.

It is their life to live as they wish, of course- I just find it odd. Hate to think of HM sitting alone at the breakfast table (just her and her Tupperware containers).

Abraham Lincoln
Old 11-04-2017, 03:43 PM
Heir Apparent

Here he is last week:
Prince Philip is spotted driving a horse and carriage | Daily Mail Online
Old 11-04-2017, 04:00 PM
Aristocracy

Thank you Dman. Knowing the Queen and Duke of Edinburgh have created their own little bit of “heaven on earth”, away from the prying eyes of the world, warms the heart. It’s nice to think of them sitting in front of a fire with a cup of tea just being together.

Tags
duke of edinburgh, general news, prince philip, queen elizabeth ii