The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 05-05-2017, 07:36 AM
Administrator
Blog Editor
Royal Blogger

"Prince Philip: Cyclone coinciding with retirement 'likely to cement God status among cult who worship him'
Islanders believed the Duke was the incarnation of the son of a volcano spirit who, according to island legend, travelled abroad to marry a powerful woman."

Prince Philip: Cyclone coinciding with retirement 'likely to cement God status among cult who worship him' | The Independent

Old 05-07-2017, 08:34 PM
Heir Apparent

Our amazing Queen:
The Queen is spotted driving a Jaguar back from church | Daily Mail Online

Old 05-07-2017, 11:02 PM
Majesty

I know I have seen her driving her Range Rover at Balmoral but for some reason this still seems change for me. Glad she is still doing things like driving and riding.
Old 05-09-2017, 02:30 AM
Majesty

Prince Philip attends Catton Hall carriage driving trials | Daily Mail Online

Retirement trotting along nicely:Prince Philip flies solo for a weekend with friends at the Catton Hall carriage driving trials
Old 05-09-2017, 03:13 AM
Majesty

Nice to see him out enjoying. Carriage driving isn't just a hobby for him but a patronage

The mention of Edward is not news. Edward has been slowly taking over the role of the awards for years, he and Sophie have represented Philip at more and more events for the awards well before.
Old 05-09-2017, 02:28 PM
Majesty

Location: On the west side of North up from Back, United States
Not only is it a passion for Philip and a patronage, from what I've read, he's practically defined the sport of carriage driving over the years. This is something I don't see Philip ever losing interest in or giving up. Mostly from the sidelines though these days although he's been spotted recently driving through Windsor.
Old 05-11-2017, 02:16 AM
Majesty

Prince Philip started carriage racing when he was 50 | Daily Mail Online

''Why I took up carriage racing aged FIFTY:Prince Philip's first interview since he retired reveals how he started the dangerous sport when others would have been reaching for the slippers"
Old 05-15-2017, 09:35 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
New statues of the Queen and Prince Philip are to installed in Norwich Cathedral to mark the 65th anniversary of the monarch’s coronation next year.

The specially-commissioned statues will be carved by York-based sculptor Charles Gurrey and be positioned in the cathedral cloisters above the stone troughs where monks once washed their hands before and after meals.

The statues will sit beside those of King George V, Queen Mary, King George VI and Queen Elizabeth, carved in the late 1930s by sculptor Gilbert Ledward RA, known for his war memorials in London.
Read more: Statues of the Queen and Prince Philip to be added in Norwich Cathedral - Norfolk News | Eastern Daily Press
Old 05-18-2017, 07:36 PM
Serene Highness

HM had a personal event tonight - good for her - I like to think she is able to enjoy some nights on the town - i feel these occasions are too rare

The Queen makes her debut at The Ivy in London | Daily Mail Online
Old 05-19-2017, 07:21 AM
Courtier

I doubt the Queen will ever retire unless health overcomes self will!

However over the next year or so I would like to see her give up much of her duties to the next two generations down.

Second down could do with an eye opener where duties are concerned. We'll see ...
Old 05-19-2017, 09:11 AM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by MichelleQ2 View Post
HM had a personal event tonight - good for her - I like to think she is able to enjoy some nights on the town - i feel these occasions are too rare

The Queen makes her debut at The Ivy in London | Daily Mail Online

The Queen carries a purse with image of Princess Margaret | Daily Mail Online
Old 05-19-2017, 09:45 AM
Imperial Majesty

I wonder if she received the purse as a gift at the party? You know sometimes guest get a gift at the end of the party.

A.W. TOZER
Old 05-19-2017, 11:37 AM
Heir Apparent

That's not Margaret on the purse and the two children definitely aren't David and Sarah. They kids on the purse appear to blonde boys.
Old 05-19-2017, 11:42 AM
Commoner

I think the photo on the purse is of Countess Helen of Toerring-Jettenbach. If you look closely the bag says Helen on it and she was born on May 20th so it makes since that the party was for her birthday.
Old 05-19-2017, 11:45 AM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dman View Post
I wonder if she received the purse as a gift at the party? You know sometimes guest get a gift at the end of the party.
looks like that is exactly what it was. it was an 80th birthday party for Helen of Hapsburg and apparently that was the (very unique) party favor. The Dmail has updated their article (sorta... still incorrect references to Princess Margaret)
Old 05-19-2017, 02:55 PM
Majesty

I wonder who the friend might be. Prince and Princess Michael were in attendance too.
Old 05-20-2017, 03:52 AM
Administrator
Blog Editor
Royal Blogger

Queen Elizabeth sent condolences to the Finnish President on the death of former President Mauno Koivisto.

https://twitter.com/HMASarahPrice/st...69428018860032
Old 05-22-2017, 10:58 PM
Imperial Majesty

Alan Titchmarsh has found out it's not easy interviewing The Duke of Edinburgh.
Prince Philip uncomfortable as Alan Titchmarsh makes THIS confession | TV & Radio | Showbiz & TV | Express.co.uk

A.W. TOZER
Old 05-23-2017, 10:59 AM
Imperial Majesty
TRF Author

Documentary on Prince Philip reveals the Queen's devotion | Daily Mail Online

'Being interviewed isn't my favourite occupation': Prince Philip leaves Alan Titchmarsh squirming in ITV documentary about his life - as viewers brand the meeting 'awkward'

Old 05-23-2017, 11:08 AM
Majesty

Location: On the west side of North up from Back, United States
Although I wasn't able to see the documentary, I can very well understand why it would turn out to be on the "awkward" side.

Philip is kind of guy that doesn't want a lot of fuss made about him and doesn't have the ego that needs to be stroked talking about himself so I can imagine he was uncomfortable with this interview from the get go. He just does what he does, carries on and goes forward and the kudos and the awards and the recognition can go to everybody else as far as he's concerned.

I think this is actually a character trait that has made him the perfect consort for The Queen.

Tags
duke of edinburgh, general news, prince philip, queen elizabeth ii