The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > British Royals > Queen Elizabeth II and the Duke of Edinburgh

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 08-25-2012, 11:54 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nice Nofret View Post
Well, NGalizine, that is true for official visits. But she has also visited some contries (like the US) privatly, but even travelling 'private' would include a certain amount of prearrangements for securityresaons and so on...
True she has made a few private visits, but even then her visits are never spontaneous. Security in both countires are well aware and prepared for her visits, and of course the British government is aware that she has left the country.

Old 08-25-2012, 05:09 PM
Heir Presumptive

Regarding the passport question, I understand HM has no passport but what surname are on the rest of the RF's passports? Do they use Mountbatten-Windsor or is there no surname on them? Also, is their title "HRH" on their passport anywhere?

Old 08-25-2012, 05:27 PM
Heir Presumptive

It's amazing to think that the Queen is probably the most well-travelled person in history and yet has never owned a passport.

Since the Queen probably doesn't have to even enter the terminal buildings of the airports she lands in, I'd doubt that passport control is necessary. I think the Queen gets driven straight to her the door of her areoplane and picked up by official car when she lands without going anywhere the airport terminals.
Old 08-25-2012, 05:38 PM
Imperial Majesty
Royal Blogger

Imagine all the stamps she could have got!
Old 08-25-2012, 11:47 PM
Gentry

Quote:
True she has made a few private visits, but even then her visits are never spontaneous. Security in both countires are well aware and prepared for her visits, and of course the British government is aware that she has left the country.
Well this is why I said "impersonators who arrive a little before HM is expected".
I suppose that to effect such a subterfuge would require such a sophisticated conspiracy that it's not worth worrying about, but still ... I figured there would be some formal presentation of a seal or something.

Thanks, all.
Old 09-04-2012, 09:04 AM
Courtier

Not sure where this sweet story belonged, but E&P Miscellania seemed apt. includes some pics of HM and DoE 1972 trip to Singapore. from my twitter feed this morning.

https://twitter.com/whatkatewore/sta...64722352279552
Old 09-21-2012, 11:55 PM
Majesty

This was forwarded to me this morning, and I thought I'd share it on here:
Queen Elisabeth Morphing

I'm not obsessed with royalty...I just think intensely about it.
Old 09-22-2012, 01:16 AM
Heir Apparent

Location: On the west side of North up from Back, United States
Quote:
Originally Posted by Daria_S View Post
Queen Elisabeth Morphing
Thanks for sharing this. Absolutely amazing work and a fitting tribute to a beloved Queen.
Old 09-22-2012, 01:18 AM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daria_S
Queen Elisabeth Morphing
My aunt emailed that to me!
Old 09-23-2012, 04:16 PM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Osipi View Post
Thanks for sharing this. Absolutely amazing work and a fitting tribute to a beloved Queen.
I'm glad you liked it.

I'm not obsessed with royalty...I just think intensely about it.
Old 09-23-2012, 05:25 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Queen Elisabeth Morphing
Wonderful! Brilliant time, love and work to a honor a wonderful lady.
Old 09-23-2012, 05:28 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Queen Elisabeth Morphing
Wow, Daria, this was really lovely. Thanks for the link .
Old 09-23-2012, 05:34 PM
Commoner

Nicely done!
Old 09-28-2012, 01:52 PM
Serene Highness

Wow. That was beautiful. Nicely done. It was really interesting to watch her age and see the changes in her face.
Old 09-28-2012, 01:57 PM
Heir Apparent

That was fun. Watching that you can really see glimpses of all her children and grandchildren (and her ancesters) in her face. Lovely, thanks.
Old 11-13-2012, 09:40 PM
Courtier

Does anyone have any idea if the Queen's personal reflections on having two more children with such a big gap (Charles was 12 and Anne was 10 when Andrew was born) being an older mother too (being 38 when Edward was born) and practically starting all over again (Charles being 16 when new baby, Edward was born)...

Watched the doco about Prince Charles reflections about his mother on her Jubilee and it showed footage of Charles getting some kind of honour (liege lord thing with crown and cloak?) at the age of 21, which made me think that the Queen had two young adult children (Charles, 21 and Anne, 19) and two little kids *still* (Andrew, 9 and Edward, 5)...WOW!
Old 11-13-2012, 09:58 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Queen Elisabeth Morphing

Thanks - this was great!
Old 11-13-2012, 11:14 PM
Gentry

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnnaNotherThing View Post
Does anyone have any idea if the Queen's personal reflections on having two more children with such a big gap (Charles was 12 and Anne was 10 when Andrew was born) being an older mother too (being 38 when Edward was born) and practically starting all over again (Charles being 16 when new baby, Edward was born)...

Watched the doco about Prince Charles reflections about his mother on her Jubilee and it showed footage of Charles getting some kind of honour (liege lord thing with crown and cloak?) at the age of 21, which made me think that the Queen had two young adult children (Charles, 21 and Anne, 19) and two little kids *still* (Andrew, 9 and Edward, 5)...WOW!
I doubt the Queen herself has ever commented on this, but I did see an interview with Andrew in which he was asked about it. The interviewer asked if it was like having two separate families and he said absolutely not. He told a story about how they would have pillow fights and somehow it always ended up being Charles and Anne vs Andrew and Edward, haha.
Old 11-13-2012, 11:35 PM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by PssKatie View Post
I doubt the Queen herself has ever commented on this, but I did see an interview with Andrew in which he was asked about it. The interviewer asked if it was like having two separate families and he said absolutely not. He told a story about how they would have pillow fights and somehow it always ended up being Charles and Anne vs Andrew and Edward, haha.
Now that's not really fair, is it! It would have been better if it was Charles and Andrew against Anne and Edward, or Charles and Edward against Anne and Andrew! Or, Anne against all three of the boys! That would have shown how tough she is!
Old 11-13-2012, 11:35 PM
Heir Apparent

Location: On the west side of North up from Back, United States
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnnaNotherThing View Post
I think the ceremony that you are talking about is when Charles was invested as the Prince of Wales on 1st July 1969, at Caernarfon Castle in Wales. He was 20 at the time.

Tags
auction, collectibles, cooking, environment, market report, meals, memorabilia, prince philip, queen elizabeth, queen elizabeth ii, royal marriage, talents