The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > British Royals > Queen Elizabeth II and the Duke of Edinburgh

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 08-17-2016, 11:32 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
The number of visitors from the US to London’s top museums and galleries has soared since the 2012 Olympics, a study reveals today.

The capital’s biggest cultural attractions welcomed about 2.3 million visitors from the States last year, a rise of 11 per cent from 2012, according to research commissioned by London & Partners, the Mayor’s promotional company.

Royalty was the biggest draw for Americans, with Buckingham Palace coming top of a “bucket list” of experiences and the Queen named as the ultimate dream tour guide.

Another member of the royal family, such as Princes William or Harry or the Duchess of Cambridge, came second, with Adele and David Beckham third and fourth respectively.
Read more: Queen is biggest draw for US visitors to London, new tourism figures show | London | News | London Evening Standard

Old 08-27-2016, 04:35 AM
Heir Apparent

'The day I talked bulls with the Queen': Countryfile's Adam Henson recalls a memorable - and nerve-racking - lunch with Her Majesty* | Daily Mail Online

Old 08-30-2016, 09:18 AM
Heir Apparent

Queen writes thank you to Waiheke haka man Ngahere Raharaha | Stuff.co.nz
Old 08-30-2016, 10:31 PM
Courtier

I wonder why that Stuff article repeatedly refers to the "Queen of England" - she's our Queen too!
Old 09-08-2016, 02:23 AM
Heir Apparent

How long has the Queen reigned for? Her life in pictures | Royal | News | Daily Express
Old 09-10-2016, 04:13 AM
Heir Apparent

Her Majesty hailed as one of the best dressed women in the world | Royal | News | Daily Express
Old 09-10-2016, 06:46 AM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Valerie Rose View Post
I wonder why that Stuff article repeatedly refers to the "Queen of England" - she's our Queen too!
Probably no reason other than titles can become cumbersome for the Press!

For example, Charles is the Prince of Wales, but he also holds other titles outside "England" as does William; to document them all after the name might provide valuable press ink inches, but the same press know it's irrelevent to most people in context to the article.

I haven't googled the Queen's titles (!) but imagine it beats either Prince.
Old 09-10-2016, 06:51 AM
Imperial Majesty

True she has a lot of titles but none of them is actually Queen of England.

Her title that covers England is 'Queen of the United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland'. In the full list of her official titles there is no mention of England as such - or Scotland or Wales.
Old 09-10-2016, 06:58 AM
Serene Highness

I think we know who she is.. and nobody's goig to type all that for her title
Old 09-10-2016, 10:39 AM
Majesty

Location: On the west side of North up from Back, United States
Actually Queen of the UK is shorter than Queen of England and we know how the press like to take shortcuts.
“When I was 5 years old, my mother always told me that happiness was the key to life. When I went to school, they asked me what I wanted to be when I grew up. I wrote down ‘happy’. They told me I didn’t understand the assignment, and I told them they didn’t understand life.”
― John Lennon
Old 09-12-2016, 09:02 PM
Serene Highness

This may not be the right thread, but...

HM was not wearing a seat belt when driving Mrs. Middleton or the DoC!

Abraham Lincoln
Old 09-12-2016, 09:17 PM
Majesty

If Scotland is anything like the US, they don't have to wear seat belts if they're driving on private property. I hardly think HM likes to pretend she's Lightning McQueen.
“When I was 5 years old, my mother always told me that happiness was the key to life. When I went to school, they asked me what I wanted to be when I grew up. I wrote down ‘happy’. They told me I didn’t understand the assignment, and I told them they didn’t understand life.”
― John Lennon
Old 09-12-2016, 11:03 PM
Courtier

My mom who is a bit younger than the Queen refused to use seat belts even after it was required - she said they were uncomfortable. A ticket with a hefty fine changed her mind These days my car squawks at her until she buckles up - it's amusing to hear her scolding the car. Older people are set in their ways and if the elderly Queen on her private property doesn't want to buckle up I guess that's her prerogative.
Old 09-16-2016, 05:58 AM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Osipi View Post
Actually Queen of the UK is shorter than Queen of England and we know how the press like to take shortcuts.
Still haven't googled all the titles!

But thinking back, there was a bit of noise when Prince George's birth certificate was revealed and William and Kate were documented as Prince and Princess of the United Kingdom respectively. The noise related to Kate being called a princess, a title she does hold only not in her own name.

So although not an official title as such, Queen of the United Kingdom (UK might appear a bit casual) could well fit in under "Occupation".
Old 09-16-2016, 02:13 PM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dee Anna View Post

So although not an official title as such, Queen of the United Kingdom (UK might appear a bit casual) could well fit in under "Occupation".
Wasn't it the Queen Mum that went to the register's office to report the death of her husband and when asked what his occupation was, she simply said "King"? It was either Queen Mary or the Queen Mum?
― John Lennon
Old 09-25-2016, 03:39 AM
Heir Apparent

The Queen's horses are to get a giant equine treadmill at cost of £130k | Daily Mail Online
Old 09-25-2016, 06:10 AM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Wasn't it the Queen Mum that went to the register's office to report the death of her husband and when asked what his occupation was, she simply said "King"? It was either Queen Mary or the Queen Mum?
I could see either lady (one smiling, the other not!) replying as briefly as just that!

Do you have to go and officially register a death in the UK?
Old 09-25-2016, 01:44 PM
Nobility

Quote:
I believe it was Margaret Rhodes, the Queen Mum's niece and lady-in-waiting, who was tasked with registering her aunt's death. One of the questions asked by the registrar was the occupation of the late woman's husband, to which she responded, "King."
Old 10-06-2016, 02:39 AM
Heir Apparent

Phillip Schofield ‘warned’ not to make Duke of Edinburgh angry | TV & Radio | Showbiz & TV | Daily Express
Old 10-09-2016, 04:18 AM
Aristocracy

Well one Phillip won the other Phillip over that's for sure!

The Prince appears to have no filter whats so ever, so very interesting for anyone lucky enough to get an interview.

Tags
auction, collectibles, cooking, environment, market report, meals, memorabilia, prince philip, queen elizabeth, queen elizabeth ii, royal marriage, talents