The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > British Royals > Queen Elizabeth II and the Duke of Edinburgh

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 04-10-2016, 03:39 AM
Heir Apparent

Prince Philip's 95th birthday will be overshadowed by the Queen's milestone celebrations - BT

Old 04-12-2016, 01:00 AM
Heir Apparent

Anna Whitelock again about the possible demise of the British monarchy following the Queen's death.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...#ixzz45ZYy4TZJ

Old 04-12-2016, 02:24 AM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by Curryong View Post
Anna Whitelock again about the possible demise of the British monarchy following the Queen's death.

Why this royal historian fears the monarchy will die with the Queen | Daily Mail Online
I had to read the article, despite it's questionable source and place of publication, in case there was anything of value we ought to be concerned about. There wasn't. Just another mindless article admitting that no one can tell the future with absolute certainty, Her Majesty is beloved, other monarchs have been loved and we'll all miss the Queen when she is no longer with us...

Page filler to separate the pictures, like every other Daily Mail/Mirror/Express/Sun 'article'.
Old 04-12-2016, 02:32 AM
Heir Apparent

Such articles such is ridiculously! Nobody knows how much you lived the Queen and nobody knows whether Prince Charles will become a good king. Some people simply want to be in the news!
Old 04-12-2016, 02:42 AM
Royal Highness

She has said this 100 times before, so nothing new from her.

Can the mods please move these posts to The Monarchy under Charles thread where her comments have been discussed.
Old 04-12-2016, 02:55 AM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by ROYAL NORWAY View Post
She has said this 100 times before, so nothing new from her.

Can the mods please move these posts to The Monarchy under Charles thread where her comments have been discussed.
Or better yet, create a new category: The Pointless Article Forum.
Old 04-12-2016, 02:57 AM
Heir Apparent

I've taken a look at Anna's Twitter page. Possibly her pronouncements have enhanced her profile with the media, as in another talking head about the BRF for radio and TV. She is an expert on the Tudors I believe, so getting her name out there might help book sales.
Old 04-12-2016, 11:43 AM
Heir Apparent

Keeping Up With The Queen

Can you keep up with the Queen?
Enter your age to find out what her majesty was doing at your age
Old 04-12-2016, 03:58 PM
Heir Apparent

^^ Tha quiz is really peculiar, eya! Thanks :-)

I must keep updated; it seems that all sort of trivias have popped up in the last few days :-)
Old 04-12-2016, 04:51 PM
Majesty

Location: On the west side of North up from Back, United States
Interesting to say the least. I was curious so I went ahead and did it.

Queen Elizabeth, the Queen Mother turned 90 and Margaret Thatcher resigned.

One thing I do know is the HM most likely could run circles around me even at 90.
“When I was 5 years old, my mother always told me that happiness was the key to life. When I went to school, they asked me what I wanted to be when I grew up. I wrote down ‘happy’. They told me I didn’t understand the assignment, and I told them they didn’t understand life.”
― John Lennon
Old 04-12-2016, 04:59 PM
Heir Apparent

At my age the queen gave birth to Prince Andrew.
Old 04-13-2016, 04:43 PM
Heir Apparent

Queen's handwritten letter about Prince Philip romance to go up for auction
Old 04-18-2016, 08:51 AM
Heir Apparent

Tourists didn't recognise the Queen when she left her tiara at home | Daily Mail Online

There is possibility to someone not recognise the Queen? Yes it is!!
Old 04-18-2016, 09:07 AM
Nobility

An American not recognising our Monarch? In a Daily Fail 'article', rehashing a Times article? What part of that is news?
Old 04-18-2016, 09:24 AM
Heir Apparent

She was wearing a headscarf and country style clothing walking around Balmoral. A lot of British people probably wouldn't recognized her in that scenario especially if she was sans corgis.

Sent from my iPhone using The Royals Community
Old 04-19-2016, 11:23 AM
Heir Apparent

Prince Phillip goes for a carriage ride at Windsor Castle | Daily Mail Online
Old 04-19-2016, 03:17 PM
Super Moderator
Royal Blogger

Some additional photos

PPE Agency
Old 04-20-2016, 11:41 AM
Heir Apparent

Prince Philip's 1954 Lagonda car sold at auction
Old 04-29-2016, 08:21 PM
Royal Highness

Queen dragged into row over building homes on greenfields of Yorkshire
Quote:
he Queen has been dragged into a row over plans to build scores of new homes on her land near a nature reserve in Yorkshire to meet local housing targets.

The Duchy of Lancaster, which manages land across the UK for the Queen, is under fire for proposing to construct 165 new homes outside Harrogate, north Yorkshire.

So far more than 100 local residents have complained to about the plans to build the new homes on a designated Special Landscape Area on the fringe of the town’s development.

One resident has complained personally to the Queen. A Duchy source said the Queen was aware of the proposal but had no executive role over the plans.

Speaking to The Daily Telegraph, Mrs Bond added: “If the Queen knew what her officers were planning she would be as horrified as the rest of us.”

Another resident Richard Thomas said the Queen “would be appalled by this abandonment of care” if she were made aware of the details of the plans.

He said: “We are sure that if Her Majesty were made aware of this discrepancy of care being perpetrated in her name by her officers.”

Asked if the Queen were aware of the plans, a Duchy spokesman said: “With regard to Her Majesty the Queen, as Duke of Lancaster, it is true that the current Duke of Lancaster takes an active interest in the activities of her tenants and any proposed development of her estates.

“However, responsibility for all day-to-day management of the Duchy is vested in the Duchy Council and carried out (operationally) by the CEO and Management Board.”
Old 05-02-2016, 05:04 AM
Heir Apparent

Sheila Clark unveils collection of 10,000 royal photographs of the Queen over 50 years | Daily Mail Online

Tags
auction, collectibles, cooking, environment, market report, meals, memorabilia, prince philip, queen elizabeth, queen elizabeth ii, royal marriage, talents