The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > British Royals > Queen Elizabeth II and the Duke of Edinburgh

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 02-01-2016, 08:12 PM
Royal Highness

Russian TV presenter accuses BBC of 'darkening' Queen's reputation - Telegraph
Quote:
Russian TV presenter accuses BBC of 'darkening' Queen's reputation

Russian television has accused the BBC of blackening the Queen’s reputation after it aired a Panorama documentary levelling allegations of corruption against Vladimir Putin.

Dmitry Kiselyov, the chief of Russia’s state media holding Rossiya Segodnya, claimed in his weekly news round up on Sunday night that the BBC “speaks for the British Crown.”

“I’m sure the Queen herself doesn’t approve of that kind of journalism. But the Queen is silent,” he said on Vesti Nedeli.

“And while she is silent, the tax-payer funded BBC speaks for the British crown and is darkening her reputation.”
This is one of the most stupidest and ridiculous thing I've ever heard and unlike Putin, the Queen is not a corrupt/crazy dictator who controls the media.

Old 02-01-2016, 08:28 PM
Majesty

Location: On the west side of North up from Back, United States
Sometimes when allegations hit too close to home, the first action that is taken is to shift the blame elsewhere.

“When I was 5 years old, my mother always told me that happiness was the key to life. When I went to school, they asked me what I wanted to be when I grew up. I wrote down ‘happy’. They told me I didn’t understand the assignment, and I told them they didn’t understand life.”
― John Lennon
Old 02-02-2016, 02:17 AM
Heir Apparent

Queen to see her teenage portrait for the first time - Telegraph
Old 02-02-2016, 03:02 AM
Royal Highness

Quote:
A portrait of the Queen as a 13-year-old girl that was dismissed as too informal by her mother will be seen by Her Majesty for the first time after it was presented to the Prince of Wales as a gift yesterday.

The Prince was delighted to be given the faded print, and said: “I’ll see if Mama remembers it.”

The picture was one of a set taken by a Canadian photographer, Lawrence Audrain, who was invited to Windsor Castle by King George VI and Queen Elizabeth ahead of an overseas tour.

When the Queen, later the Queen Mother, was shown the pictures, she selected the ones she liked but decided this image was not worth keeping.
http://i.telegraph.co.uk/multimedia/...-_3565118b.jpg

http://i.telegraph.co.uk/multimedia/...-_3565117b.jpg
Old 02-02-2016, 08:29 AM
Majesty

There it is again and I just love it! Mama. Somehow I always expected that as formal and precise and correct as Charles can be, that he would call HM mother or mum. The term mama totally warmed my heart during the diamond jubilee and put a smile on my face this morning.
“When I was 5 years old, my mother always told me that happiness was the key to life. When I went to school, they asked me what I wanted to be when I grew up. I wrote down ‘happy’. They told me I didn’t understand the assignment, and I told them they didn’t understand life.”
― John Lennon
Old 02-02-2016, 09:19 AM
Nobility

If he is pronouncing "mama" the British way is that less formal than "mum" or "mummy"?
Old 02-02-2016, 10:11 AM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Queen Claude View Post
If he is pronouncing "mama" the British way is that less formal than "mum" or "mummy"?
When pronounced the British way (m-mar) it is the most formal way out of the three.
Old 02-02-2016, 11:50 AM
Majesty

Thanks for the feedback on " mama". Now I've met my quota for learning something new every day.
― John Lennon
Old 02-02-2016, 11:56 AM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jacknch View Post
When pronounced the British way (m-mar) it is the most formal way out of the three.
Yeah that's what I thought. I remember one time being very surprised at a quote of Princess Diana where she called the Queen "Mama" but in my head I was pronouncing it the American way. When I realized that she was likely pronouncing it the British way, I was still surprised but much less so.
Old 02-04-2016, 07:42 AM
Super Moderator
Royal Blogger

A day in the life of The Queen – her daily routine

A day in the life of The Queen - her daily routine - The Crown Chronicles
Old 02-07-2016, 03:22 AM
Heir Apparent

Gun salute marks 64th anniversary of queen's accession to the throne | Daily Mail Online

http://www.express.co.uk/news/uk/641...younger-royals
Old 02-11-2016, 04:55 PM
Heir Apparent

Queen to mark 400th anniversary of Shakespeare's death with exhibition at Windsor Castle | Royal | News | Daily Express
Old 02-18-2016, 02:31 AM
Heir Apparent

Pictures And Photos | Getty Images
Old 02-19-2016, 12:01 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
The Queen came to the aid of tearful schoolchildren by donating one of her racing pigeons - after a crazed *****cat wiped out the pupils' own flock.

Devastated youngsters at Longshaw Primary School, in Blackburn, Lancs, were left heartbroken when a hungry cat broke into the birds' enclosure on an allotment and killed them all.

When well-wishers heard of their plight, new birds were kindly donated to the school and free trip to the Royal Loft at the Queen's estate of Sandringham was organised.

And while there, Her Majesty saw to it that the stunned youngsters were given one of her own prized pigeons as a gift.

The bird, which has not yet been named by the youngsters, is one of a select few pigeons in the world that can wear a ring on it's leg bearing the initials "ER".
Read more: Queen donates racing pigeon to school children after cat wiped out their flock - Mirror Online
Old 02-19-2016, 12:28 PM
Majesty

What a wonderful solution to a devastating and crushing incident in the lives of these children. Not only did they get a field trip to the Royal Loft at Sandringham, but also are now the proud caretakers of one of The Queen's pigeons.

I love when stuff like this happens.
― John Lennon
Old 02-19-2016, 04:54 PM
Royal Highness

The Queen donated a racing pigeon to Blackburn Longshaw Primary School | Royal | News | Daily Express

http://cdn.images.express.co.uk/img/...ons-470014.jpg
Old 02-19-2016, 05:11 PM
Heir Apparent

Wow, that makes me smile. Something maybe so small, but would mean so much to those kids. I can only imagine those kids finding out all those pigeons they were taking care of had been killed by a cat one night. It woul have been devastating. For them not only to get a chance to visit the queen's pigeons but then be given one That trip and that little pigeon will mean the world to those kids. That pigeon will likely not even be missed among the queen's birds, but is priceless to those kids.
Old 02-22-2016, 05:22 AM
Heir Apparent

'Prince Philip cheated on the Queen' according to Channel 5 documentary | Daily Mail Online
Old 02-22-2016, 05:46 AM
Majesty

I find it very appalling that anyone would even think to make this type of a program let alone film one and then air it as a series. From reading the article, the "supposed" allegations are just that. Allegations without any proof or substance to them.

What I would really like to know is that in this year where there are huge celebrations around the Queen's 90th birthday and Philip himself turning 95, what is the purpose of airing innuendos and rumors and allegations of things that may have happened?

To be blunt, I see this as an attack on the British Royal Family in total as it doesn't seem like they're going to be sparing any of the royals in this trash.

― John Lennon

Tags
auction, collectibles, cooking, environment, market report, meals, memorabilia, prince philip, queen elizabeth, queen elizabeth ii, royal marriage, talents